Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-06-2013, 04:44 PM   #31
dd24
College superstar

Default Re: Dwight chose Houston - Lakers rebuild??

This whole thread just ended up being a waste of my time. There's just too many people who don't understand basketball. Those are typically the people who put out the stupid trade ideas, or talk about signing FA's that we can't afford but they don't know that because they don't know anything about the salary cap.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 05:54 PM   #32
mr sax
Kids at the park dunk on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
lol now u r a grammar teacher??? grow up a little...

you are like the internet millionaire who likes to show off...dude nobody gives a fcuk if you have 2 houses or 10 mansions......

u have ran good posters on this forum...GTS, SoCalMike....by your bull sh1t of oh i am coach ...look at me ....I know everything...what the fcuk u guys know....

& please DONT drop me a private message asking to stop calling you out in the forum.....

Dude, you're cracking me up! hahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahaha Funny stuff!!!
mr sax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 06:00 PM   #33
mr sax

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
This whole thread just ended up being a waste of my time. There's just too many people who don't understand basketball. Those are typically the people who put out the stupid trade ideas, or talk about signing FA's that we can't afford but they don't know that because they don't know anything about the salary cap.
In your opinion does one have to know all the X's and O's associated with the game in order to enjoy it or enjoy talking about it? Right now all the talk is about Dwight leaving to go to Houston. At this point I don't think a lot of people care why he left.
Old 07-06-2013, 06:33 PM   #34
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr sax
In your opinion does one have to know all the X's and O's associated with the game in order to enjoy it or enjoy talking about it? Right now all the talk is about Dwight leaving to go to Houston. At this point I don't think a lot of people care why he left.

I don't mind if people enjoy basketball obviously. It's the people who seem to think they know something when they really don't.
Old 07-06-2013, 07:33 PM   #35
mr sax

Quote:
I don't mind if people enjoy basketball obviously. It's the people who seem to think they know something when they really don't.
Agreed, but not "knowing something" should not discount someone's opinion. I don't pretend to know anything about the current salary cap, luxury tax, etc, etc and I don't care to know which is why I don't comment on it but I can still think of players who I believe would benefit the Lakers who are not super stars.

What I don't get throughout this whole Dwight thing is the notion that the Lakers were going to be this amazing, unbeatable team if Dwight remained here. It would have been the same team as last season except this season the team has an injured Kobe Bryant seeing as no one, not even Kobe knows how his achilles will fair. The Lakers still have a 39 year old point guard, a bench that is mediocre at best, Metta who is a shadow of what he used to be and Pau Gasol who even with his great abilities has some weaknesses.

I know DK will just say it's D'Antoni over and over again but he'll only be happy if Phil Jackson is the coach and that is not going to happen.
Old 07-06-2013, 08:39 PM   #36
Mgamer20o0
Serious playground baller

Quote:
What I don't get throughout this whole Dwight thing is the notion that the Lakers were going to be this amazing, unbeatable team if Dwight remained here. It would have been the same team as last season except this season the team has an injured Kobe Bryant seeing as no one, not even Kobe knows how his achilles will fair. The Lakers still have a 39 year old point guard, a bench that is mediocre at best, Metta who is a shadow of what he used to be and Pau Gasol who even with his great abilities has some weaknesses.
no we wouldnt but have something to build on. though at his age i personally would rather hope to get lucky in the draft and try to sign 1 or 2 younger rising stars. if we are not going to win now we need to get younger.
Mgamer20o0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:03 PM   #37
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr sax
Agreed, but not "knowing something" should not discount someone's opinion. I don't pretend to know anything about the current salary cap, luxury tax, etc, etc and I don't care to know which is why I don't comment on it but I can still think of players who I believe would benefit the Lakers who are not super stars.

I know DK will just say it's D'Antoni over and over again but he'll only be happy if Phil Jackson is the coach and that is not going to happen.

preach brother....preach...
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:33 AM   #38
gts
Sons of Antartica

Dwight would have been a solid piece for a foundation going forward. He's not going to dominate like Shaq did. He's not going to be a cornerstone like Kobe has been but he would have been a good piece for the long term puzzle.

So the Lakers go into the offseason trying to build a team with no financial flexibility to do so. CBA is going to kill them this year. With Kobe an uncertainty and so many open roster spots we're going to see some weirdness.

You can't fault the FO, the Lakers are paying the price of those title runs, reloading as salaries rise and your cap space dwindles and your core of players get older, sooner or later the bill for all that success has to be paid and despite that they showed were more than willing to make the moves and spend the massive amounts of money needed to keep the team contending (witnessed by the CP3 trade and the Howard gamble.)

Unfortunately the combination of the blocked CP3 trade and the new CBA really has had a long lasting impact that only a total reboot can cure. Lakers cannot rebuild on the fly like they used to it's just not doable in today's NBA. I mean it, it's literally against the rules now...lol

Soooo, we get to witness a very rare Laker rebuild next summer, I'm actually kind of excited but until then this summer will be about making icecream out of horsecrap while they avoid messing up next years financial freedom.
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:13 AM   #39
tamaraw08
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
Dwight would have been a solid piece for a foundation going forward. He's not going to dominate like Shaq did. He's not going to be a cornerstone like Kobe has been but he would have been a good piece for the long term puzzle.

So the Lakers go into the offseason trying to build a team with no financial flexibility to do so. CBA is going to kill them this year. With Kobe an uncertainty and so many open roster spots we're going to see some weirdness.

You can't fault the FO, the Lakers are paying the price of those title runs, reloading as salaries rise and your cap space dwindles and your core of players get older, sooner or later the bill for all that success has to be paid and despite that they showed were more than willing to make the moves and spend the massive amounts of money needed to keep the team contending (witnessed by the CP3 trade and the Howard gamble.)

Unfortunately the combination of the blocked CP3 trade and the new CBA really has had a long lasting impact that only a total reboot can cure. Lakers cannot rebuild on the fly like they used to it's just not doable in today's NBA. I mean it, it's literally against the rules now...lol

Soooo, we get to witness a very rare Laker rebuild next summer, I'm actually kind of excited but until then this summer will be about making icecream out of horsecrap while they avoid messing up next years financial freedom.
Good stuff as always GTS, keep posting
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:07 PM   #40
Robster89
Serious playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts

I'm in total agreement with Tams remarks above.
Love to see you back on a regular basis GTS. And Mike too.

This may be a tough year. The key is to sign players who don't interfere with next seasons flexibility, which is difficult but not impossible.
This is why I believe we have been so quiet so far (and obviously the DH situation).

Here are some players that I believe may be obtainable and able to help us this year:

Chauncey
Nick Young
Corey Brewer
Lamar
Brandon Wright
Sam Dalembert

1. If we were to amnesty MWP, would that not take us under the tax threshold and give us a full MLE to work with?

2. Would the above move be worth it, just to give us a few mil extra to work with. I love MWP's heart. I think he could play some 4, and if we did get Lamar, MWP's presence would be a steadying influence.

Re the list above:

Chauncey- We need a 3rd PG, and his ability to shoot and even play some 2 is a bonus. I know he is old and oft injured, but I love the guy.

Brewer- May be the least obtainable Can't see the Nugs letting him go after Iggy left. But if we were to keep MWP he could fill that slot.

Young- Would be a nice 6th man who could play some 2 and some 3.

Lamar- I know he melted down, but being back with Kobe, Pau and MWP may make him productive again. And his ability to run would actually fit well in the offense. Small gamble for a vet min.

Wright Intrigues me. Great shotblocker, very athletic. To me worth a gamble at a low number.

Dalembert- If Sacre is not ready to be the rim protector we need with Dwight gone, Sam is a very good defender/shotblocker. If the Sacre answer is no, Sam would be a nice pickup at the right price.

Thoughts/Comments/Other suggestions?
Robster89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:12 PM   #41
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robster89
I'm in total agreement with Tams remarks above.
Love to see you back on a regular basis GTS. And Mike too.

This may be a tough year. The key is to sign players who don't interfere with next seasons flexibility, which is difficult but not impossible.
This is why I believe we have been so quiet so far (and obviously the DH situation).

Here are some players that I believe may be obtainable and able to help us this year:

Chauncey
Nick Young
Corey Brewer
Lamar
Brandon Wright
Sam Dalembert

1. If we were to amnesty MWP, would that not take us under the tax threshold and give us a full MLE to work with?

2. Would the above move be worth it, just to give us a few mil extra to work with. I love MWP's heart. I think he could play some 4, and if we did get Lamar, MWP's presence would be a steadying influence.

Re the list above:

Chauncey- We need a 3rd PG, and his ability to shoot and even play some 2 is a bonus. I know he is old and oft injured, but I love the guy.

Brewer- May be the least obtainable Can't see the Nugs letting him go after Iggy left. But if we were to keep MWP he could fill that slot.

Young- Would be a nice 6th man who could play some 2 and some 3.

Lamar- I know he melted down, but being back with Kobe, Pau and MWP may make him productive again. And his ability to run would actually fit well in the offense. Small gamble for a vet min.

Wright Intrigues me. Great shotblocker, very athletic. To me worth a gamble at a low number.

Dalembert- If Sacre is not ready to be the rim protector we need with Dwight gone, Sam is a very good defender/shotblocker. If the Sacre answer is no, Sam would be a nice pickup at the right price.

Thoughts/Comments/Other suggestions?

I would like to let go off mwp/blake in amnesty...

Mwp if LO says yes...brings us to 69.$$millions so under the cap

I like ur list ... Here r couple of names that can help
Brewer..dont know if we can afford him but he can start at sf with either of mwp/lo at pf
Nate robinson - if we let go blake
K mart - vet min to add size

Delfino
Wes johnson - high pick who never made it
Austin daye - skinny guy who can handle the ball
W ellington - can score
Old 07-07-2013, 02:25 PM   #42
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:

The retards have come out in droves!!!!
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 02:36 PM   #43
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker

Or maybe they are tired of the retard who keeps singing the same tune no matter what the topic is

Last edited by Lakers_Kobe_Fan : 07-07-2013 at 02:48 PM.
Old 07-07-2013, 03:28 PM   #44
mr sax

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker

Okay. So let's see....so far you don't like people with mental disabilities, truck drivers, Celtics fans or players, Mike Brown, Mike D'Antoni (that's his name). Only time will tell who else makes it onto your esteemed list.

I know you enjoy the childish stunt of calling Mike D'Antoni "'Antoni" because he doesn't stress "D"efense but c'mon. You're an adult who owns not one but TWO expensive cars. Surely you can do better than 'Antoni. That's like someone calling you "DKMoron". It's not....wait a minute! DKMoron is perfect for you!
Old 07-07-2013, 04:56 PM   #45
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts

That move Stern made was the beginning of the end, as a few of us had mentioned. This team should have CP3 and Dwight with a healthy Kobe......
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: