Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-05-2013, 11:27 PM   #1
lakersNUMBA1
I hit open 5-footers

Default Let's face it.. Dwight's 'Decision' was..

the right choice. As hard as it it to type that, it's true.

Coming from me, I have been a die hard Lakers' fan for over 10 years now, and I know quite a bit about the Lakers. I have it broken down as to why I think this is the right choice.

1) The Lakers are getting old. Easy as that. We need a great second string. Sucks we could't bring back Matt Barnes (like that was going to happen)

2) Kobe's injury. An achilles is probably, if not, the worst injury you can get in basketball.

3) MDA, the coach. Obviously D12 didn't like MDA's system.

I take my hat off to D12 because he took the lower pay and probably understands all of this. The Houston Rockets are going to be a good team again. Just like the old days, with Big Shot Rob, Robert Horry. I'd rather have them win a championship over the Miami Heat. JUST SAYING!

Hope you guys enjoyed my post, if you disagree with me, which a lot of you will, feel free to let me know what you think.
lakersNUMBA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:40 PM   #2
Mgamer20o0
Serious playground baller

Default Re: Let's face it.. Dwight's 'Decision' was..

i dont think many will disagree. i dont think many are mad.

i hope he does well as well as earl clark as well. always wish former lakers the best. the difference was going to be full rebuild or part rebuild. i think it will be nice to do a full rebuild just wish we had more then our 2014 pick.
Mgamer20o0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:02 AM   #3
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

He didn't fit in this city. Not because of his style of play. His attitude and level of commitment was not up to laker standards, and he even proved that by giving up on this team.

Dwight's decision was simply....a Dwight-like decision. Nothing to hate about it. Thats just Dwight.

We shouldn't be sad over someone that never wanted to be here. We didn't ask him to leave, we should not ask him to come back. Thats it.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 10:29 AM   #4
lakersNUMBA1
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
He didn't fit in this city. Not because of his style of play. His attitude and level of commitment was not up to laker standards, and he even proved that by giving up on this team.

Dwight's decision was simply....a Dwight-like decision. Nothing to hate about it. Thats just Dwight.

We shouldn't be sad over someone that never wanted to be here. We didn't ask him to leave, we should not ask him to come back. Thats it.

Well said lakerfreak.

Looks like we're going back to the good ol' Lakers of 2007
.. unless we come up with some good trades!
lakersNUMBA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 02:35 PM   #5
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak

I completely disagree. There were several games where Dwight had only 7 shot attempts as many more where Jodie Meeks had double the shot attempts as Dwight....it is completely blind to think that is not a HUGE problem......there is not a dominant offensive center in NBA history who would stay with a coach who does that........wake up!!!!
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 03:46 PM   #6
mr sax
Kids at the park dunk on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
I completely disagree. There were several games where Dwight had only 7 shot attempts as many more where Jodie Meeks had double the shot attempts as Dwight....it is completely blind to think that is not a HUGE problem......there is not a dominant offensive center in NBA history who would stay with a coach who does that........wake up!!!!

Wake up? It's tough to stay awake with you just repeating the same thing over and over and over again.
mr sax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 04:38 PM   #7
dd24
College superstar

The Lakers chose 'antoni over Dwight. It's pretty simple. It's been reported through multiple sources that it wasn't his relationship with Kobe. It was the system. It's clear the Lakers are really in trouble. I'm wondering if Kobe is going to finish his career out in LA. Houston is still a player away from being a championship team. I'm not sure if they will end up getting someone good enough in a trade or not. Anyway around it they would have a tough time keeping that team together. Dwight isn't going to win championships there.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 02:32 PM   #8
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr sax
Wake up? It's tough to stay awake with you just repeating the same thing over and over and over again.

Don't you have anything better to do than worry about what I am saying, what are you a stalker? Get a life dude.....and how about making your first intelligent basketball related comment ever? You are the only person on here that has never added anything of value. Even Lakers Kobe Fan has made many great posts.....everyone except you has contributed in a positive way to this forum.
Old 07-07-2013, 05:45 PM   #9
mr sax

Quote:
Don't you have anything better to do than worry about what I am saying, what are you a stalker? Get a life dude.....and how about making your first intelligent basketball related comment ever? You are the only person on here that has never added anything of value. Even Lakers Kobe Fan has made many great posts.....everyone except you has contributed in a positive way to this forum.

You are incorrect. I don't respond to you with anything related to basketball because you are very difficult to chat with. You always think that you are right and you also NEED to be right. I'm sure you've met other people like that. We all have and you are one. You even questioned why I married my wife because she is a Celtics fan and you were SERIOUS! That's why when you claim you are a coach I just don't see it, unless of course you are coaching kids. But adults...no way. You're too hard to get along with. Maybe you should sell one of your TWO expensive cars and use the money to enroll in charm school. It might help but I doubt it.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:12 PM   #10
DKLaker

Quote:
You are incorrect. I don't respond to you with anything related to basketball because you are very difficult to chat with. You always think that you are right and you also NEED to be right. I'm sure you've met other people like that. We all have and you are one. You even questioned why I married my wife because she is a Celtics fan and you were SERIOUS! That's why when you claim you are a coach I just don't see it, unless of course you are coaching kids. But adults...no way. You're too hard to get along with. Maybe you should sell one of your TWO expensive cars and use the money to enroll in charm school. It might help but I doubt it.

You have deep mental issues. I don't care if you chat with me at all, you never add anything intelligent on this forum in chatting with anyone. 99% of your posts are trollish comments to or about me. I absolutely never name you in any thread unless you attack me.....I am the same with everyone.
I'm sure your wife is a lovely woman, you may even be a good husband and father, but on here you are useless. I never questioned your choice of a wife, my comments were that "I" meaning ME DKLAKER, would never have married a Celtics fan, I would never tell someone else what to do so I don't care about you or your personal choices, I wouldn't care if you were Jason Collins lover....lol. Can you just drop all the idiotic comments and discuss basketball for once???? Are you capable of that???

I get along with everyone in person, and people of all ages flock to me. I am told that I have a magnetic personality and a smile that lights up a room. I am the go to guy for advice on everything and I am always happy to help, to the point I laugh that I could make a fortune as a life coach. One thing that I don't put up with in person is trolling, i'm quite positive that you wouldn't act the way you do face to face.
No one disrespects me....except for troll on here. As long as a person is cool and respectful I get along with them perfectly. I have more friends than I can keep up with.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:37 PM   #11
mr sax

Quote:
You have deep mental issues. I don't care if you chat with me at all, you never add anything intelligent on this forum in chatting with anyone. 99% of your posts are trollish comments to or about me. I absolutely never name you in any thread unless you attack me.....I am the same with everyone.
I'm sure your wife is a lovely woman, you may even be a good husband and father, but on here you are useless. I never questioned your choice of a wife, my comments were that "I" meaning ME DKLAKER, would never have married a Celtics fan, I would never tell someone else what to do so I don't care about you or your personal choices, I wouldn't care if you were Jason Collins lover....lol. Can you just drop all the idiotic comments and discuss basketball for once???? Are you capable of that???

I get along with everyone in person, and people of all ages flock to me. I am told that I have a magnetic personality and a smile that lights up a room. I am the go to guy for advice on everything and I am always happy to help, to the point I laugh that I could make a fortune as a life coach. One thing that I don't put up with in person is trolling, i'm quite positive that you wouldn't act the way you do face to face.
No one disrespects me....except for troll on here. As long as a person is cool and respectful I get along with them perfectly. I have more friends than I can keep up with.

There is just too much in your post that I can comment on so I will address only your most ridiculous statements.

You suggest that I have deep mental issues then go on to say that you would never marry a Celtics fan. That is hilarious! Did you come up with that yourself?

As far as your smile lighting up a room...c'mon, have a little modesty. That's absurd. Do you have any other wonderful qualities that you'd like to tell us all about?

You're quite positive that I wouldn't act the way I do face to face? You're dead wrong. If you act like you do here which is like an overbearing boor, then I most certainly would act the way I do here.

You have more friends than you can keep up with? Of course you do, excluding truck drivers, Mike Brown, Mike D'Antoni, Jason Collins lovers, people who are mentally handicapped, anyone with any association with the Boston Celtics....have I left anyone out?

I get sick and tired of you harping on the coach(es). Like it or not, Mike D'Antoni is here to stay until which day that Laker management decides to fire him. Deal with it.

Over and out.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:26 PM   #12
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

it was EXPECTED except for Jim Buss and or Kupchak.

He never seem to get a long with Kobe from the start. They don't look at each other much nor high five often.

With Kobe, Nash injured...team gets weaken. Superman is not ready to bear superman role yet. He had dwightmare of James Harden doing layup after him...so instead of taking some Gatorade, he join the other team...it's easier for someone who is wishy washy.

Fans on radio were mostly blasting him.

Coach not his style

They don't feed him the ball much.

He couldn't handle pressure for missing freethrows in front of many celebrities.

No PJ, so he can't take 4-5 years of setback...so he optout.
kobesabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:56 PM   #13
DKLaker

Quote:
There is just too much in your post that I can comment on so I will address only your most ridiculous statements.

You suggest that I have deep mental issues then go on to say that you would never marry a Celtics fan. That is hilarious! Did you come up with that yourself?

As far as your smile lighting up a room...c'mon, have a little modesty. That's absurd. Do you have any other wonderful qualities that you'd like to tell us all about?

You're quite positive that I wouldn't act the way I do face to face? You're dead wrong. If you act like you do here which is like an overbearing boor, then I most certainly would act the way I do here.

You have more friends than you can keep up with? Of course you do, excluding truck drivers, Mike Brown, Mike D'Antoni, Jason Collins lovers, people who are mentally handicapped, anyone with any association with the Boston Celtics....have I left anyone out?

I get sick and tired of you harping on the coach(es). Like it or not, Mike D'Antoni is here to stay until which day that Laker management decides to fire him. Deal with it.

Over and out.

I don't care what you like or don't like, nor should you care if you like or don't like what I say. It's all about it being an OPEN FORUM where we can say what we want as many times as we want to say it. You are a weird guy, you never discuss basketball, you seem sickly obsessed with trying to bash me.....I don't know you, don't like you and will never give a crap what you say. I'm a full grown old man and a punk like you will never be able to control me....lol.
While you chew on that, take a look at this to see how much I care about you:

I didn't create this but I just love it......I don't have to say a word
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: