Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 07-09-2013, 02:54 PM   #1
dd24
College superstar

Default Pistons Sign Gigi Datome

Quote:
With a front line of Andre Drummond, Greg Monroe and Josh Smith, the Pistons need guys to space the floor and knock down jump shots. No, not you Josh Smith, you stay near the basket, they need to get other guys to be shooters.

Enter Italian forward Luigi “Gigi” Datome.

The 6’9” forward who was the Italian League MVP and played for Virtus Roma is bound for Detroit, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...artner=ya5nbcs

The article goes on to say Jerebko would be the first off the bench but this guy could see major minutes. I don't really know if he's going to play SF or PF. He's supposed to be a knock down shooter and we do definitely need some of those.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:04 PM   #2
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Default Re: Pistons Sign Gigi Datome

Datome is a SF, as is Jerebko at this point. Not saying Jerebko can't play the 4, but I don't think he will on this team. I see Monroe,Smith,CV and Mitchell being in front of him.

As for Datome as a signing, I like it. He probably can't play D, but we needed an accurate, pure shooter type at the 3. Good low risk signing. I like the idea of digging deep to find talent.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:07 PM   #3
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus
Datome is a SF, as is Jerebko at this point. Not saying Jerebko can't play the 4, but I don't think he will on this team. I see Monroe,Smith,CV and Mitchell being in front of him.

As for Datome as a signing, I like it. He probably can't play D, but we needed an accurate, pure shooter type at the 3. Good low risk signing. I like the idea of digging deep to find talent.

I like it too. I've read reports where people have said he's the best outside shooter in Europe. Imagine if he ended up being like Gallinari..... I know wishful thinking lol. I'm reading Siva will end up playing overseas too.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:53 PM   #4
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Yah, I heard that about Siva. We are at 16 roster spots right now, so it would make sense if that's why we were able to make this move.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:07 PM   #5
dd24
College superstar

I never expected him to make a NBA roster anyhow.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:46 PM   #6
Aussie Dunker
Local High School Star

I was wondering when he was going to come over - I like this for our team - would be more suited to SF in the NBA but can easily play that stretch 4 role if need be... Underrated athlete too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPhlQrxYW5M
Aussie Dunker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: