Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-08-2013, 02:30 PM   #16
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Anyone been skydiving?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Music plays for me.

your singapore video reminds me of Vegas
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 02:32 PM   #17
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Music plays for me.

Ya I think the people who did the Vegas show also did the singapore one.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:40 PM   #18
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Music plays for me.

ISH needs to sponsor a "Be Rezznor For A Day" contest.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 02:52 PM   #19
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Old 07-08-2013, 02:55 PM   #20
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Is it unusual that my fear of heights has grown the older I've gotten? I would do it, but I was pretty gung ho years ago about attempting such a thing. Now? Not as much.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:43 PM   #21
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
Is it unusual that my fear of heights has grown the older I've gotten? I would do it, but I was pretty gung ho years ago about attempting such a thing. Now? Not as much.
i'm the same way, the older i get the less risks i wanna take.

i used to love riding my motorcycle but after i think about how many times i nearly got killed i don't think i'll ever buy another bike again.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:51 PM   #22
DukeDelonte13
NBA sixth man of the year

DukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

quick google search reveals about approx 50 -70 people die each year from skydiving accidents. F*ck that.
DukeDelonte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:52 PM   #23
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm not a thrill seeker; no thanks.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:32 PM   #24
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
Heard it's overrated. As in it's the one thing on EVERYONES bucket list that doesn't really fukking change them at all. Like there are better ways to conquer fear.

Rather get the epinephrine fix from a good day at Cedar point lol.

I haven't been to Cedar Point in a good 5 years. I want to go back. I need to go back. I HAVE to go back.

That place is so fucking phenomenal . If you're a roller-coaster enthusiast, Cedar Point is the pinnacle of amusement parks. I also love the smaller still loads of fun (closer to me geographically) Busch Gardens in Williamsburg VA. Have you been there yet J$? It's a more laid back, less concrete, more shading, greatly themed (European themes). I think you'd enjoy it very much.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:38 PM   #25
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Rezznor - how many times have you been skydiving? No offense, it just looks so lame having to dive with another attached to you. I realize that's for the best, safely should always come first. How many times do you have dive with someone before you're eligible to be "certified" to dive/parachute alone? I'm going to get around to skydiving, just haven't yet. I'm sure it's amazing, with or without being booty humped from behind as you're descending.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:42 PM   #26
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
Rezznor - how many times have you been skydiving? No offense, it just looks so lame having to dive with another attached to you. I realize that's for the best, safely should always come first. How many times do you have dive with someone before you're eligible to be "certified" to dive/parachute alone? I'm going to get around to skydiving, just haven't yet. I'm sure it's amazing, with or without being booty humped from behind as you're descending.

Yeah, I wouldn't want to do an attached jump. It would still be an incredible rush but I think solo would be a much more powerful experience. The only thing I would be worried about is trying to steer a parachute. I'm sure only "certified" divers can go solo because an inexperienced person would miss the land site by a mile lol.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:46 PM   #27
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
only been once. it was pretty fun, not life changing or anything but was definitely a rush. the free fall was amazing, then once the chute opens it is so quiet and eerily serene. my friends i went with have been several times, i wouldn't mind going again sometime.

as i mentioned earlier, bungee jumping was alot scarier for me. you are alot closer to the ground so there's more of a feeling of vertigo and danger.

not sure how many tandem jumps you need to make before they let you go by yourself, but coincidentally, somebody died a few months ago at the sky dive facility i went to. he was an expert with hundreds of jumps though, not a student. he was training for some maneuvers and something went wrong with his chute.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:47 PM   #28
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Yeah, I wouldn't want to do an attached jump. It would still be an incredible rush but I think solo would be a much more powerful experience. The only thing I would be worried about is trying to steer a parachute. I'm sure only "certified" divers can go solo because an inexperienced person would miss the land site by a mile lol.

yea, it's pretty incredible how precise they can steer the chute. we all landed exactly where they wanted us to.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:49 PM   #29
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7

Maybe you're right. I don't know enough about it. I think the "landing site" would be pretty accurate most of the time regardless of how your "falling" or descending (for lack of a better word) skills are. I think it's primarily the point from which you jump from the plane; I don't think there's my "steering" to it. I might be entirely wrong about that. Rezznor, can you confirm?
Old 07-08-2013, 10:55 PM   #30
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Maybe you're right. I don't know enough about it. I think the "landing site" would be pretty accurate most of the time regardless of how your "falling" or descending (for lack of a better word) skills are. I think it's primarily the point from which you jump from the plane; I don't think there's my "steering" to it. I might be entirely wrong about that. Rezznor, can you confirm?
there's definitely steering involved. when we were still high up he did some spins and then let me steer for a bit before taking over when i started to drift us towards a swamp
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: