Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-08-2013, 04:51 PM   #1
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Chris Kaman Signs With Lakers

Quote:
The Los Angeles Lakers have agreed to terms with free agent center Chris Kaman on a one-year deal, according to sources with knowledge of the deal.

Financial specifics of the contract weren't immediately known.

Sources told ESPN.com that the Lakers pressed hard to complete a deal with Kaman over the weekend to ensure they have a quality starting center in the wake of Dwight Howard's departure, without impacting their projected 2014 salary-cap space.

Kaman, 31, struggled through an injury-plagued campaign with the Dallas Mavericks this past season, averaging 10.5 points and 5.6 rebounds in 66 games.
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...al-sources-say

I wonder how much money they are giving him. I thought he might end up in Miami. Especially if he was just going to get a 1 year deal.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:22 PM   #2
BallsOut
NBA lottery pick

BallsOut is starting to rub some people the wrong wayBallsOut is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Chris Kaman Signs With Lakers

Word on the street is its a 1 year deal for mini MLE which is about 3 mill, but that's just my guess.

Anyway, the quote mentions starting C? I don't know if they should run that especially if they plan to keep Metta, that's the slowest frontcourt in the league (Gasol/Kaman/World Peace).

They'd get pick n rolled to death.

Kaman is better serviced as backup C. I'd like to see Odom return as starting PF alongside Gasol and Jordan Hill backing him up at the 4 (a role which he excels at).

Then AK47 or Corey Brewer for the remainder of the mini MLE and Nate Robinson or Aaron Brooks and it'll be a good offseason..
BallsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:25 PM   #3
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Seems like it is the full mini-MLE

Quote:
Kaman's deal is valued at the Lakers' mini mid-level exception amount of just under $3.2 million, sources told ESPNLosAngeles.com's Ramona Shelburne.

I do not know what to make of this deal. I like Kaman's game, BUT he has been missing too many games due to injuries.

So we have..
Nash..injuryprone
Kobe..coming off major injury
MWP
Gasol..injuryprone
Kaman..injuryprone
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:48 PM   #4
Mgamer20o0
Serious playground baller

Mgamer20o0 has decent reputationMgamer20o0 has decent reputation

maybe its.... we tried to do good this year but sorry to many inj but look we got a good pick.
Mgamer20o0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:06 PM   #5
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd

I do not know what to make of this deal. I like Kaman's game, BUT he has been missing too many games due to injuries.

So we have..
Nash..injuryprone
MWP
Gasol..injuryprone
Kaman..injuryprone

I'm all for our players doing PED's!!! Just don't get caught!
crisoner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:02 PM   #6
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

kobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd

So we have..
Nash..injuryprone
MWP
Gasol..injuryprone
Kaman..injuryprone

Don't forget...D'Antoni too - injury prone to himself and the team.
kobesabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:08 PM   #7
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobesabi
Don't forget...D'Antoni too - injury prone to himself and the team.

You said it, not me
Beware of folks who can't handle the truth
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:14 PM   #8
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Great deal for LA. I am surprised they were able to land a guy like that at only 1 year, and WAY under market value.

In a league with Dwight Howard as the best center, and other guys aren't that close, this move is a good one. Very low risk.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:40 PM   #9
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

What are the chances the Lakers have an All-White starting 5 on opening night No Hate
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:16 PM   #10
L.A. Jazz
enjoy '13,hope for '14

L.A. Jazz is a pretty well-respected posterL.A. Jazz is a pretty well-respected posterL.A. Jazz is a pretty well-respected poster

L.A. Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: