Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-09-2013, 01:57 AM   #16
ThyGreatOne
Decent playground baller

ThyGreatOne has decent reputation
Default Re: Lakers To Amnesty MWP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
I think that's a great idea.
Right? The reason they gave was LA rather get someone at the SG to help defend the perimeter. If their able to land such a player, then Kobe will assuredly be moved to the SF. Either way I don't see World Peace remaining on the roster much longer.
ThyGreatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:41 AM   #17
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThyGreatOne
Right? The reason they gave was LA rather get someone at the SG to help defend the perimeter. If their able to land such a player, then Kobe will assuredly be moved to the SF. Either way I don't see World Peace remaining on the roster much longer.

So Kobe is supposed to guard Lebron, Melo, George, Deng, Smith, etc, etc? I don't think it's a recipe that can win a championship.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:46 AM   #18
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Kobe has said it before that he will not leave this team to pursue another winning team. He's come out and said that. That ship has sailed as far as we're concerned.

The man tweeted a picture of him and Gasol after Dwight left which shows you he's committed to the team here in LA. The lakers spent the money to get this guy an additional 2 championships, with him earning the finals MVP's of both.

Why is it such a concern that he will leave? This isn't even a media concern and usually they're the ones that create that drama.

I wouldn't expect the media to say anything like that yet. They haven't thought that far ahead. If this team is bad again, which there's a good chance it won't be a contender right now, I could see Kobe possibly going somewhere. Sure it's a small chance right now, but honestly why would he want to stay through this? Loyalty in all sports is an over rated thing these days.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:58 AM   #19
ThyGreatOne
Decent playground baller

ThyGreatOne has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
So Kobe is supposed to guard Lebron, Melo, George, Deng, Smith, etc, etc? I don't think it's a recipe that can win a championship.
D'Antoni still the Coach right?...
I don't think defense or guarding anyone will be high on the priority list
ThyGreatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:37 AM   #20
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThyGreatOne
D'Antoni still the Coach right?...
I don't think defense or guarding anyone will be high on the priority list

I understand that, but as much as people here hate to hear it at some point they are going to have to replace him if they really want to win championships.

The other thing I was thinking about is maybe they aren't going after a new SF until free agency next season. Melo or George??? I actually doubt those guys are going to leave their teams but who knows. Right now I don't think Melo can win a championship with his style of play and I don't think it meshes with Kobe. Not to mention he's getting at the tail end of his career too. I wouldn't want to sign him to a max deal. If you have Melo and Kobe on the same team you better surround them with elite defenders who don't like to score because they wouldn't have shot opportunites lol.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:58 AM   #21
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:

Well,
1. We are not contenders next season

2. Kobe as he gets older and a bit slower will likely bulk up to guard those types

3. Kobe has guarded all those guys at some point and done well

4. When anyone guards those guys they need help....well, with No D Toni.....good luck with that one. (Just made that up right now No D Toni ) Gotta mix it up now and then...lol.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:13 PM   #22
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Well,
1. We are not contenders next season

2. Kobe as he gets older and a bit slower will likely bulk up to guard those types

3. Kobe has guarded all those guys at some point and done well

4. When anyone guards those guys they need help....well, with No D Toni.....good luck with that one. (Just made that up right now No D Toni ) Gotta mix it up now and then...lol.

I feel like if Kobe has to bang around with all of those bigger guys he's just going to end up getting hurt again. I don't see Kobe bulking up. It's just too hard on his frame. Kobe's a SG. I don't like the whole small ball thing. It just doesn't work. I'm thinking maybe Lamar Odom is going to play some SF, not that it worked well before but it seems like he'll half to.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:51 PM   #23
DKLaker

Quote:
I feel like if Kobe has to bang around with all of those bigger guys he's just going to end up getting hurt again. I don't see Kobe bulking up. It's just too hard on his frame. Kobe's a SG. I don't like the whole small ball thing. It just doesn't work. I'm thinking maybe Lamar Odom is going to play some SF, not that it worked well before but it seems like he'll half to.

If you look at last year's roster you will notice that there is not much difference in height and weight between Kobe, Ebanks and even Jamison. As you get older you naturally put on weight, it takes more effort to keep your weight down.
Coming off surgery, Kobe will not be as quick or explosive so the SF will be easier, besides the banging at SF is way overrated, this is not the back to the basket NBA anymore. Kobe has a far greater chance of injury if he has to run and cut against quicker guys.
I have had and seen a ton of undersized teams dominate bigger, stronger guys. Even Shaq had his worst games against smaller Centers. Ask Pau about Carl Landry...lol. So again, I see the issue as greatly overrated.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:02 PM   #24
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

I would like to have this guy on my team for next year.....but look at this:

amnestying him would bring down the lakers below the lux tax....they wont be fined repeaters tax in 2015 and 2016...which i am ok...

they aint sh!t this year anyways....
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:08 PM   #25
dd24
College superstar

I wonder if teams will bid on him or if he'll just be a FA. If that's the case where does he end up? Cleveland needs a SF... maybe he plays ball with Bynum again.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:26 PM   #26
DKLaker

Amnesty of Artest will only put us under the cap BEFORE the season starts.....maybe for a few days. There is a minimum roster size and we still are required to sign 4 more players, those players will not play for free, so even at the NBA minimum salary we would be over the cap.......we will have to trade higher salary for lower salary to get us under. I posted the numbers on another thread.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:43 PM   #27
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Get D'Antoni fired man ... they're clearly going to build this team around his system ... having Lamar at Point Forward. WHAT THE **** MAN.

I'm happy my favorite Laker is back REALLY ECSTATIC!
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:50 PM   #28
kkinchen
High school junior varsity star

kkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally Kupchak accepts my genius. Now if only all you knuckleheads would follow suit. We'll be fine at the sf position this upcoming year. We finally got rid of the slow, flatfooted, brick shooting turnover machine formerly known as Ron Artest.

Gerald Green, Terrence Williams, Austin Daye, and Patrick Ewing Jr. are some good options. All of them are infinitely better than Metta.
kkinchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:03 AM   #29
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkinchen
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally Kupchak accepts my genius. Now if only all you knuckleheads would follow suit. We'll be fine at the sf position this upcoming year. We finally got rid of the slow, flatfooted, brick shooting turnover machine formerly known as Ron Artest.

Gerald Green, Terrence Williams, Austin Daye, and Patrick Ewing Jr. are some good options. All of them are infinitely better than Metta.

austin daye...is somebody i would invite to camp and then go from there...

gerald green is with Indy ...u know that right?
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:09 AM   #30
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkinchen

I still like Austin Daye. I feel like this is a make or break season for him. He can really score sometimes and is a really smooth shooter. Terrence Williams will have a tough time finding a team. I think his NBA days are about over. He's another guy who used to be a Piston. They waived him before he could even play. And the Pistons really needed help at SF..... None of those guys are better than Artest though.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: