Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-08-2013, 10:17 PM   #1
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Mos Def undergoes force-feeding procedure done at Guantanamo Bay (video)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/vide...namo-bay-video

Wow.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:21 PM   #2
ace23

ace23 has a bad reputationace23 has a bad reputationace23 has a bad reputationace23 has a bad reputation
Default Re: Mos Def undergoes force-feeding procedure done at Guantanamo Bay (video)

Saw this earlier. Dat dramatization
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:40 PM   #3
ItsMillerTime
Dazed&Confused

ItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Mos Def undergoes force-feeding procedure done at Guantanamo Bay (video)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
Saw this earlier. Dat dramatization

It's not a dramatization if he actually did it.
ItsMillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:42 PM   #4
chips93
NBA sixth man of the year

chips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation here

what is the reasoning for the force feeding in the first place?
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:46 PM   #5
ballup
Fool Disguised Genius

ballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Getting a tube shoved up your nose is pretty discomforting, especially if you have never done it before.

It takes 2 hours for feeding? That's extremely ineffective.
ballup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:49 PM   #6
ace23

ace23 has a bad reputationace23 has a bad reputationace23 has a bad reputationace23 has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMillerTime
It's not a dramatization if he actually did it.
True.

Crying was prob. fake though.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:53 PM   #7
lbj4kb8
Decent playground baller

lbj4kb8 has decent reputationlbj4kb8 has decent reputation

I volunteered to have an NG tube put in me when I was in school. He made it seem more traumatizing than it really is (if you are volunteering to have it put in that is). The less you fight, the easier it is to put in. I guess I'm more manly than him . Plus, I had a nursing student put one in. I did tear up though but didn't fight it like he did.
lbj4kb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:54 PM   #8
ace23

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbj4kb8
I volunteered to have an NG tube put in me when I was in school. He made it seem more traumatizing than it really is (if you are volunteering to have it put in that is). The less you fight, the easier it is to put in. I guess I'm more manly than him
Maybe he just has a high-reactive personality. He seems like that type.

Just playing devil's advocate. Personally, I think the tears were fake. lol
Old 07-08-2013, 10:55 PM   #9
ballup
Fool Disguised Genius

ballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

You also have to consider the "food" that is being put into him. I think that was what caused his pain.
ballup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:58 PM   #10
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by chips93

They do it to detainees who attempt to perform a hunger strike.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:59 PM   #11
lbj4kb8
Decent playground baller

lbj4kb8 has decent reputationlbj4kb8 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballup
You also have to consider the "food" that is being put into him. I think that was what caused his pain.

I don't think they put any food in. They didn't put in the tube correctly and were gonna try again. He screamed for them to stop.
lbj4kb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:02 PM   #12
chips93
NBA sixth man of the year

chips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
They do it to detainees who attempt to perform a hunger strike.

yeah i get that

but why force feed them? if somebody is refusing to eat, and you let them die, its not really on you
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:09 PM   #13
ace23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballup
I don't think they started pumping food into him.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:25 PM   #14
MavsSuperFan
NBA lottery pick

MavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this board

Quote:

It would look bad for the US government to have them die in our custody, when admit we dont have evidence on the vast majority of them.

From my understanding a lot of it is:

"well they are innocent, but after 10 years of holding them without cause, if we let them go now, they will want revenge."
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:27 PM   #15
MavsSuperFan
NBA lottery pick

MavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this board

Quote:
yeah i get that

but why force feed them? if somebody is refusing to eat, and you let them die, its not really on you

They would die of starvation and make the US government look bad. Forcing them to eat protects the administration that promised to either bring them to trial or free them. There is not enough evidence to bring them to trial (most of them are innocent), but we have imprisoned them for like 10 years without reason. They definitely want to kill us now.

US government logic:

1. We dont have enough evidence to bring them to trial or charge them with anything
2. We wont let them go
3. We cant let them die/commit suicide because that makes us look bad

Conclusion: Tie them up, force feed them, and make sure they live out their natural lives under indefinite detention.

America... The good guys?

PS: I will say this, if we let them go after imprisoning and doing this to them for 10 years for no reason, well lets just say I would want revenge if I was them.

Last edited by MavsSuperFan : 07-08-2013 at 11:48 PM.
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: