Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-09-2013, 12:45 AM   #31
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Mos Def undergoes force-feeding procedure done at Guantanamo Bay (video)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
they've already been mentioned in this thread. most significantly, over half have been officially cleared of any wrong doing and deemed NOT A THREAT by the highest collection of intelligence and security agencies in your country. that means the cia, the nsa, the defense department, the joint chiefs, etc etc etc etc. yet nothing happens and they sit without even a kind word. these men deserve significant reparations, they'll be lucky to see their families again (if they aren't already blown off the map by that point).

obama established a moratorium on yemeni detainees returning to their homeland, primarily because yemen is the arabian center of his drone program and the worry is their vengeance will be exacerbated by that fact. that moratorium, made by executive decree and easily repealed (this only happened about a month ago when obama first spoke openly about the drone program), is the primary reason the administration offers for failing to return innocent men to their homelands.

this is a minuscule sample of how the "war on terror" perpetuates actual terrorism targeting the united states and its allies. guantonomo isn't the worst of current atrocities, it just happens to be a convenient example of blatant injustice that nobody can deny. the fact that you're comparing it to fking idiots deciding not to buckle up is a disgrace to your intelligence and your integrity. the fact you seem interested in knowing better is a small step on your way to some redemption, but it's gonna take a whole helluva a lot more on behalf of you and your countrymen before this calculated violence comes to an end.

No, for starters - I never claimed I know better than anyone or anything. I was making a simple comparison. If it turns out that comparison was apples and orangles, fine, I can deal with that, but there's absolutely no point in being a complete jerk and asshole in the process. I didn't read up on everything going on in this thread, but whatever.

Secondly, the more I think about it, the more it actually does compare to some minute seat belt law. Oh wait, because it somehow fall into "human rights" it doesn't fit the seat belt bullshit? One could just as easily make some argument about seat belts and human rights. Get off your high horse and STFU. You're annoying as shit, did you know that? Not to mention you're insulting quite often, and that speaks volumes about your overall character.

All of which I'm sure you don't give three shits about. Which again, speaks... errrrrrrr let's just nevermind. (Instead of saying I'll get better about that - you'll just respond with additional insults, so I rest my case)

Last edited by Legend of Josh : 07-09-2013 at 12:49 AM.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:52 AM   #32
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Mos Def undergoes force-feeding procedure done at Guantanamo Bay (video)

lol i know that was super condescending and self righteous. so apologies for that, i've had too much to drink. regardless it's a real issue that matters a lot to people around the world and actually has a significant impact on your own country's national security.

i'll tell you why it's nothing like refusing to obey a seat belt law. why do people decide not to wear a seat belt? nonchalance convenience why bother.

why do detainees refuse to eat? for none of those reasons. the motive is completely different. you have to understand that this hunger strike is loooong overdue. the fact guantonomo is currently sorta kinda on the agenda, the fact that obama mentioned it in a prominent speech, the fact that certain media outlets are paying attention? it's all a result of the hunger strike, and collectively the media attention puts pressure on the administration to do something about a grave injustice. it isn't about "human rights" the way you phrased it, it's about actual people being mistreated for no reason. i've heard the personal stories of about half a dozen of these guys, all of whom seem pretty nice and civil. if this was a buddy of yours, you'd care. i think personalizing the situation is one way to understand it, so that's all i'd recommend.

again sorry for being a dick lol

(edit: aha i swear to god this was before i read white text)
RidonKs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:56 AM   #33
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

It's cool man - I probably should have read up more on the actual thread. I do know a bit about fasting and how it applies to the Muslim religion, but probably not enough to intelligently engage in this discussion. So I apologize for that.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:57 AM   #34
Bucket_Nakedz
Buckle up

Bucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this board

shhii dat n!gga won't have to worry about fasting for allah in the future love mos doe - power to him and his cause
Bucket_Nakedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:34 PM   #35
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbj4kb8
I volunteered to have an NG tube put in me when I was in school. He made it seem more traumatizing than it really is (if you are volunteering to have it put in that is). The less you fight, the easier it is to put in. I guess I'm more manly than him . Plus, I had a nursing student put one in. I did tear up though but didn't fight it like he did.
Yeah, my girlfriend had that done a few times when she was in the hospital. It was cringe worthy and did not see at all pleasant, but she did not react the same way Mos Def did. Of course, it's easy for me to sit out here and compare such things as I did not have to participate firsthand.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:44 AM   #36
IamRAMBO24
College superstar

IamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynZoo
maybe insensitive, but if it kills you that much to be force fed, then maybe you shouldn't refuse to eat

On the same token, if they are not afraid to die, then why would they be afraid of force feeding?

If it's anything, it sounds like a gimmick to keep them alive because they want to die. They get giddy off of this torture sh*t, so trust me, they wouldn't blink an eye if they could just kill these guys off (and get away with it). Those guys are getting hard ons knowing they are torturing the hell of out these hunger strikes. It's a win win for them: if they die, who cares, if they are alive, more pleasure from the tortures. Ever seen the movie hostel? Same thing, except they don't have to pay for it.

Last edited by IamRAMBO24 : 07-11-2013 at 03:47 AM.
IamRAMBO24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:58 PM   #37
tomtucker
NBA rookie of the year

tomtucker is starting to rub some people the wrong way

..........both him and those muslim kunts should just die...........why is he defending someone who want to kill christians and jews
tomtucker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: