Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-10-2013, 05:42 AM   #1
Shade8780
GOATin

Shade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Xbox One vs PS4

A month or two ago this was easily PS4, but now since they've changed all the bad things with Xbox One, what console will you get? So far Xbox One has the most pre-orders on Amazon and I still don't know what console I'm getting. Another thing to consider is that the One comes with the Kinect sensor, while the Playstation doesn't. I am in no means an Xbox fanboy, I even have a PS3, but people are gonna just bash them because of past problems that have been fixed.

Last edited by Shade8780 : 07-10-2013 at 06:23 AM.
Shade8780 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:48 AM   #2
StocktonFan
Banned

StocktonFan has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Xbox One vs PS4

Xbox one was renamed to xbox 180 aka code name flip flop.

PS4 - better hardware, better support, no huge hardware meltdown like xbox, better controllers with touchpads, smaller in design, looks much better

every single angle the ps4 is better... ddr5, no BS cloud renderings, no corporate a-holes who tell military 'too bad'.
StocktonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:48 AM   #3
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Probably PS4, got a 360, so I like the idea of getting a PS4 so I can go back and play the PS3 games I missed. I play on PC where possible though.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:06 AM   #4
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation here

Would definitely buy the PS4 if I could afford it.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:08 AM   #5
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm going to wait and see regardless. The launch window games really don't look very hot for either system, so I don't need to spend 400/500 bucks to buy a box that's is going to sit tucked away in the tv stand until there is something to play. Then somewhere during 2014 when I do want to get one hopefully I can make a more educated choice.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:10 AM   #6
StocktonFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade8780
A month or two ago this was easily PS4, but now since they've changed all the bad things with Xbox One, what console will you get? So far Xbox One has the most pre-orders on Amazon and I still don't know what console I'm getting. Another thing to consider is that the One comes with the Kinect sensor, while the Playstation doesn't. Add the price of the Playstation Camera to the PS4 and it adds up to I am in no means an Xbox fanboy, I even have a PS3, but people are gonna just bash them because of past problems that have been fixed.

wtf are you talking about, the ps4 is cheaper by 100 and the sony eye is 60-70 bucks if you want it... still cheaper.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:14 AM   #7
Bucket_Nakedz
Buckle up

Bucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this board

will be buying 2 of each as christmas gifts for my sisters and their kids. i think ill just stick with pc
Bucket_Nakedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:16 AM   #8
StocktonFan
Banned

Also, amazon sales are updated hourly... so just because xbox 180's sales are up on amazon doesnt mean total sales are..
Old 07-10-2013, 06:18 AM   #9
monkeypox
National High School Star

monkeypox is popular on this boardmonkeypox is popular on this boardmonkeypox is popular on this boardmonkeypox is popular on this board

Xbone isn't outselling the PS4 on Amazon. Amazon split each separate bundle into a different sku# for the ps4 so each bundle appears as separate items. Whereas all Xbone totals are counted under the one number. Gamestop already stopped taking pre-orders on the ps4. Not so with the Xbone.

As for which one I'm going to get, I'm not sure. Last gen the 360 was probably my gaming system of choice. I only played the major exclusives for the ps3 and got all the multi-platform games for the 360 because everyone I knew was on live. But then I didn't want to pay for live every year so it didn't really make much of a difference after awhile. Add that to the three RROD's and the 360 kind of left a sour taste in my mouth towards the end. The ps3 didn't have as good a controller but I did probably spend more total hours on it than the 360 because it played more media file types and was a much more open platform than the 360. It's possibly the least proprietary major console ever made.

Really I'm a pc gamer at heart though. I'm leaning ps4 first then eventually xbone on a price drop. The controller was the biggest problem, but after trying both new controllers, they're actually really similar now. Both last gen controllers seem to have morphed towards each other.
monkeypox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:23 AM   #10
Shade8780
GOATin

Shade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by StocktonFan
wtf are you talking about, the ps4 is cheaper by 100 and the sony eye is 60-70 bucks if you want it... still cheaper.
Was about to add it up. Then didn't bother. Forgot to edit it
Shade8780 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:42 AM   #11
joe
College star

joe is considered somewhat cooljoe is considered somewhat cool

Microsoft would have to do a lot to get me back. They're such a creepy company with their always on camera. Not to mention red rings, charging you for gamer pictures and then removing half of the formally free ones, etc. Just slight after slight directed at customers.
joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:57 AM   #12
fiddy
HC4L

fiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Neither
+
Saving for these babies
fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:39 AM   #13
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

PS4 easily. Even with Microsoft changing some of their policies I still think they need to feel some responsibility so they don't pull this again in the future (not just MS but any company opting for this DRM nonsense).
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:40 AM   #14
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong
Probably PS4, got a 360, so I like the idea of getting a PS4 so I can go back and play the PS3 games I missed. I play on PC where possible though.

Unfortunately you won't be able to play PS3 games on a PS4. Although I don't know when (heard 2014), they're going to introduce something called Gaikai which will allow you to download certain PS2 and PS3 games. Which is what's stopping me from getting a PS3 right now to play The Last Of Us.

That being said, I'm still leaning towards the PS4. Regardless of Microsoft kinda getting their act together, they still left a bitter taste in my mouth. Most of my friends are planning to get a PS4 too which also helps influence my decision. Right now it's a pretty even 50/50 split between 360 and PS3 owners in my friendship circle. I currently own a 360, but planning to take my talents to Sony.
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:00 AM   #15
red1
Dinosaurs

red1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

sony constantly proves that they are just better at this videogame shit than microsoft. ps4 is clearly superior to the new xbox
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: