Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-10-2013, 11:35 AM   #16
InfiniteBaskets
Decent college freshman

InfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Xbox One vs PS4

PS4 for me, will probably buy around November / December time frame.

Microsoft is so damn gung-ho about this subscription based profit model that it's bound to happen if they keep attracting consumers. Their latest Office 2013 is now on a subscription based payment plan, costing $100 annually, which is absolutely nuts IMO.

They do have a student rate, $80 for all four years for university students. That's not a bad deal, but I remember picking up the student version of Word, Excel, Powerpoint for like $90, with no time limit. Note that they are still selling a one time cost Office 2013, but for an obscene $220.

IMO if Microsoft woos enough consumers to the point of say where Sony withdraws from the market. They are hands down going to switch back to their old policies of not being able to sell games and forcing you to log on after so many days. At which point there will be no alternative.

Every industry is trying to get on the damn Netflix and Spotify/Pandora model it's damn annoying. Some things are meant for a one time buy no matter how small our world gets.
InfiniteBaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:39 AM   #17
TheReal Kendall
Love Live Life

TheReal Kendall has a bad reputationTheReal Kendall has a bad reputationTheReal Kendall has a bad reputation

I'm a xbox guy but I won't be getting the new one.

I'm switching to sony. We gotta show xbox we not taking crap from them
TheReal Kendall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:42 AM   #18
MavsSuperFan
NBA lottery pick

MavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this board

lol at you believing they made those changes.
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:49 AM   #19
Shade8780
GOATin

Shade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
lol at you believing they made those changes.

Are you dumb or something? If they lied they'd have made the situation 10x worse. People would be even more mad at them and a lot of people would just return them for a PS4.
Shade8780 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:56 AM   #20
TheReal Kendall
Love Live Life

TheReal Kendall has a bad reputationTheReal Kendall has a bad reputationTheReal Kendall has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade8780

Are you dumb or something? If they lied they'd have made the situation 10x worse. People would be even more mad at them and a lot of people would just return them for a PS4.

True!

You can return them after you opened them though.....right?
Old 07-10-2013, 12:01 PM   #21
Shade8780
GOATin

Shade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
True!

You can return them after you opened them though.....right?
Even if you can't, you just trade them in for money. Maybe sell it online for even more expensive
Shade8780 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:03 PM   #22
TheReal Kendall
Love Live Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade8780
Even if you can't, you just trade them in for money. Maybe sell it online for even more expensive

You right but you'll still be losing money.

Especially if you trade it in.

I'm gonna stick with the ps4. I has everything xbox has now and it's still free for online play.

Plus the same games
Old 07-10-2013, 12:10 PM   #23
Jameerthefear
Elf = GOAT

Jameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I want PS4 but ill my sheep friends aregetting the Xbone
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:54 PM   #24
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

rhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation here

Would you pay more to fuck a dirty prostitute over a Victoria secret model?
Yeah neither would I.

Ps4 > Xbox One, in every way.
rhythmic †hesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:56 PM   #25
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

rhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteBaskets
PS4 for me, will probably buy around November / December time frame.

Microsoft is so damn gung-ho about this subscription based profit model that it's bound to happen if they keep attracting consumers. Their latest Office 2013 is now on a subscription based payment plan, costing $100 annually, which is absolutely nuts IMO.

They do have a student rate, $80 for all four years for university students. That's not a bad deal, but I remember picking up the student version of Word, Excel, Powerpoint for like $90, with no time limit. Note that they are still selling a one time cost Office 2013, but for an obscene $220

IMO if Microsoft woos enough consumers to the point of say where Sony withdraws from the market. They are hands down going to switch back to their old policies of not being able to sell games and forcing you to log on after so many days. At which point there will be no alternative.

Every industry is trying to get on the damn Netflix and Spotify/Pandora model it's damn annoying. Some things are meant for a one time buy no matter how small our world gets.

Really?!
Wow, all you people that are supporting Microsoft should be ashamed!!
Greedy ass company.

By the way when is PS4 coming out?
rhythmic †hesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:11 PM   #26
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

I was a PS1 and PS2 supporter.....no Xbox....then when the next gen systems came out I went with the Xbox 360. After a few years I find myself supporting the ps3 much more. So it looks like it'll be the ps4 for me.

A big issue with the 360 was the red ring of death. It doesn't seem like this'll be a problem with the Xbox1....

One of the most common problems that annoyed early Xbox 360 adopters was the appearance of the “red ring of death,” a flashing red light on the console’s start button indicating that its hardware was essentially fried and would need to be sent to Microsoft to be replaced. But Microsoft Game Studios vice president Phil Spencer tells Edge that the company has learned its lessons and that the new Xbox One will not experience hardware failures on a mass scale like the Xbox 360 did. In particular, Spencer noted that Microsoft’s success rate on the more recently released Xbox 360 Slim was “very high” and said that the same team behind the Slim also built the Xbox One, so chances are very good that the new console won’t burn out within months of buying it.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:05 PM   #27
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm waiting regardless. I have xbox live that doesnt end until next June 2014. In no rush for xbox one since the game I'm most anticipating will not be on either new console when it drops. GTA 5.

I'll sit back and wait to see how both play out, the issues and so forth. Who knows price may dip a little or you get a good bundle deal next year. The price argument is silly to me. PS4 originally was going top bundle the eye like xbox did kinect. Then they last second decided not too just so the price could be $100 cheaper. Thus spawning the cheap folks to rejoice with glee.

Only its a $30 difference at the end of the day and if you decide not to purchase the eye. $100 difference. People can make a big deal out of $100 but you're paying $400 anyway. If ps4 was half or nearly half the price of a xbox one? The $$$ argument makes sense to me. But its not. Again you're shelling out $400 for a video game system vs $500. Not a BIG difference in my book at all.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:13 PM   #28
MastaKilla
I hit open 5-footers

MastaKilla has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
I'm waiting regardless. I have xbox live that doesnt end until next June 2014. In no rush for xbox one since the game I'm most anticipating will not be on either new console when it drops. GTA 5.

I'll sit back and wait to see how both play out, the issues and so forth. Who knows price may dip a little or you get a good bundle deal next year. The price argument is silly to me. PS4 originally was going top bundle the eye like xbox did kinect. Then they last second decided not too just so the price could be $100 cheaper. Thus spawning the cheap folks to rejoice with glee.

Only its a $30 difference at the end of the day and if you decide not to purchase the eye. $100 difference. People can make a big deal out of $100 but you're paying $400 anyway. If ps4 was half or nearly half the price of a xbox one? The $$$ argument makes sense to me. But its not. Again you're shelling out $400 for a video game system vs $500. Not a BIG difference in my book at all.

The price difference is huge. Come release day with that extra 100 I can get 2 games and two 40's for 15 dollars more than if I were to just buy the Xbox system with no game
MastaKilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:20 PM   #29
DukeDelonte13
NBA sixth man of the year

DukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation here

i'll get a ps4 when the price drops as ps3 still has a lot of great titles i haven't played yet. Can't wait for smash bros and mario kart on the wii u though.
DukeDelonte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:20 PM   #30
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MastaKilla
The price difference is huge. Come release day with that extra 100 I can get 2 games and two 40's for 15 dollars more than if I were to just buy the Xbox system with no game

2 games? So new games will be $50 with no tax? Ummm I think not unless you go thru mom's purse and steal her 20% off Target or Walmart coupon. New games have always been $59.99 plus tax. Unless I missed the memo and by all means feel free to paste in this thread and inform me ok? The $100 is not 2 games its just 1. You now sit with $36-37 left in your hand. Whooptee doo.

Its hardly huge considering you're spending $400 on a damn video game system. Not $100, not $200. $400. I fail to see how damaging the price difference is between either system.

And I'll laugh at people who buy the ps eye which will be $60 plus tax. So you saved a good $30 or so. I mean come on. Cut it out.

Sidenote: Is ps4 charging to play online? If so do you or anyone know how much they are talkin about? I havent heard anything.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: