Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-10-2013, 02:26 PM   #31
Goldrush25
Local High School Star

Goldrush25 has decent reputation
Default Re: Xbox One vs PS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by StocktonFan
Xbox one was renamed to xbox 180 aka code name flip flop.

PS4 - better hardware, better support, no huge hardware meltdown like xbox, better controllers with touchpads, smaller in design, looks much better

every single angle the ps4 is better... ddr5, no BS cloud renderings, no corporate a-holes who tell military 'too bad'.

Online interface/functionality

Xbox One >>>>>>>> PS4
Goldrush25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:44 PM   #32
General
High School Varsity 12th Man

General is starting to rub some people the wrong wayGeneral is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I'll be getting an Xbox One. I heard you'll have to pay 5 bucks a month to Sony to play online and people still bitch about Xbox live? The online experience will still be better on the Xbox.
General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:46 PM   #33
InfiniteBaskets
Decent college freshman

InfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmic †hesis
Really?!
Wow, all you people that are supporting Microsoft should be ashamed!!
Greedy ass company.

By the way when is PS4 coming out?

PS4 release date is November 13.

Also, as for Microsoft Office 2013 annual subscription price, read for yourself.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/home-premium/

And that's ONLY for 5 devices.

Sure you can buy Office Home for $220 one time install, but that's for ONE PC. Microsoft knows most "new generation" nuclear families have one family shared PC, and then the adults will have a laptop each. Even teenagers these days might get their own laptop.

That's the beauty of their business. Microsoft Word and Excel are absolutely nothing new, there are third party open source programs 100% free that do all the basic same things. But schools, colleges, businesses etc... have standardized Microsoft office tools that it's too late to go back to anything else.

I'm hoping the video game industry doesn't fall into the same type of monopoly control.
InfiniteBaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:47 PM   #34
TylerOO
Back in Cleveland!

TylerOO has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by StocktonFan
Xbox one was renamed to xbox 180 aka code name flip flop.

PS4 - better hardware, better support, no huge hardware meltdown like xbox, better controllers with touchpads, smaller in design, looks much better

every single angle the ps4 is better... ddr5, no BS cloud renderings, no corporate a-holes who tell military 'too bad'.

Yea their online service just gets hacked for like 2 months.

Im leaning PS4 but its hard to ignore that.
TylerOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:48 PM   #35
General

General is starting to rub some people the wrong wayGeneral is starting to rub some people the wrong way

People here talking how they don't trust Microsoft

How quickly PS fanboys forget they got their identities stolen a few years ago thanks to Sony. Their PSN was down for a month! Sony lost it's prestige a long time ago.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:55 PM   #36
General

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteBaskets
PS4 release date is November 13.

Also, as for Microsoft Office 2013 annual subscription price, read for yourself.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/home-premium/

And that's ONLY for 5 devices.

Sure you can buy Office Home for $220 one time install, but that's for ONE PC. Microsoft knows most "new generation" nuclear families have one family shared PC, and then the adults will have a laptop each. Even teenagers these days might get their own laptop.

That's the beauty of their business. Microsoft Word and Excel are absolutely nothing new, there are third party open source programs 100% free that do all the basic same things. But schools, colleges, businesses etc... have standardized Microsoft office tools that it's too late to go back to anything else.

I'm hoping the video game industry doesn't fall into the same type of monopoly control.

If you do any real work you will quickly realize that Office is superior to those half-assed freeware programs.

Libre Office, Open Office, Google Docs etc.

They're all garbage compared to Microsoft Office
Old 07-10-2013, 03:07 PM   #37
DukeDelonte13
NBA sixth man of the year

DukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by General
If you do any real work you will quickly realize that Office is superior to those half-assed freeware programs.

you are an idiot. I run a business and have used open office for years without any issue whatsoever.

We are talking about word processors here.

Last edited by DukeDelonte13 : 07-10-2013 at 03:11 PM.
DukeDelonte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:07 PM   #38
InfiniteBaskets
Decent college freshman

InfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputation

Quote:

Obviously, with more capital I would hope you can put out a superior product. But from a pure usage stand point, the versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint do not justify the prices they're trying to charge.

For example, the average Word user can get away with using Microsoft Word 97 for 99% of their purposes and would experience no marginal benefit for the Word 2013 upgrade. Yet we're not seeing a 1% price difference in Word 97 and Word 2013. Yeah we know Microsoft's got bills to pay, people to employ, but how about we see some innovation instead of trying to pick my pockets while taking your 1000th victory lap on ancient products?

We're seeing sky-high prices because Microsoft Office owns the educational and corporate world. Back when I was in college, all the essays I had to type up for Lit, Sociology, Psych, etc... could have been typed up in Wordpad and the final result would have been no different, except I would've have saved myself $90. Shit, even for my math intensive classes, we used more "R" than we did excel and that's an open source program right there.
InfiniteBaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:21 PM   #39
General

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
you are an idiot. I run a business and have used open office for years without any issue whatsoever.

We are talking about word processors here.
Office is more than a word processor. Your business would probably be fine if you used notepad. It's obvious there is no serious work going on there.
Old 07-10-2013, 03:29 PM   #40
General

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteBaskets
We're seeing sky-high prices because Microsoft Office owns the educational and corporate world. Back when I was in college, all the essays I had to type up for Lit, Sociology, Psych, etc... could have been typed up in Wordpad and the final result would have been no different, except I would've have saved myself $90. Shit, even for my math intensive classes, we used more "R" than we did excel and that's an open source program right there.
I agree with this. The average college student does not need Microsoft Office to write their essay. Regardless, most new PCs and laptops come with free Word and Excel I believe it's called Office Starter. They have limited functionality and have ads but for the average person it's perfect.
Old 07-10-2013, 03:35 PM   #41
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I agree with this. The average college student does not need Microsoft Office to write their essay. Regardless, most new PCs and laptops come with free Word and Excel I believe it's called Office Starter. They have limited functionality and have ads but for the average person it's perfect.
or you just download open office or libre office
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:37 PM   #42
Flagrant 2
QUITE FRANKLY

Flagrant 2 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryFlagrant 2 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

pc
Flagrant 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:41 PM   #43
monkeypox
National High School Star

monkeypox is popular on this boardmonkeypox is popular on this boardmonkeypox is popular on this boardmonkeypox is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
2 games? So new games will be $50 with no tax? Ummm I think not unless you go thru mom's purse and steal her 20% off Target or Walmart coupon. New games have always been $59.99 plus tax. Unless I missed the memo and by all means feel free to paste in this thread and inform me ok? The $100 is not 2 games its just 1. You now sit with $36-37 left in your hand. Whooptee doo.

Its hardly huge considering you're spending $400 on a damn video game system. Not $100, not $200. $400. I fail to see how damaging the price difference is between either system.

And I'll laugh at people who buy the ps eye which will be $60 plus tax. So you saved a good $30 or so. I mean come on. Cut it out.

Sidenote: Is ps4 charging to play online? If so do you or anyone know how much they are talkin about? I havent heard anything.

You're forgetting that the PS4 is supposedly significantly more powerful than the Xbone. So You're paying 30 bucks less for better technology. And it isn't confusing proprietary nonsense this time, they're both using the same architecture.

It's funny that people have finally figured out final cost vs. entry cost. The last generation the big complaint was how expensive the ps3 was compared to the 360. But once you bought all the extra stuff you needed to make the 360 as functional as the ps3 (wifi adapter 100$, charge kit 40$, xbox live 50 a year, hard drive 100$ ect) the 360 was significantly more expensive. When Microsoft released their bottom model without a harddrive so they could say "starting at 249" or whatever, people thought it was stupid because not having a harddrive didn't make sense. Yet people still fell for it.
monkeypox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:15 PM   #44
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by blablabla
or you just download open office or libre office

Or you just download Microsoft Office Professional for free.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:10 PM   #45
MastaKilla
Decent playground baller

MastaKilla has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
2 games? So new games will be $50 with no tax? Ummm I think not unless you go thru mom's purse and steal her 20% off Target or Walmart coupon. New games have always been $59.99 plus tax. Unless I missed the memo and by all means feel free to paste in this thread and inform me ok? The $100 is not 2 games its just 1. You now sit with $36-37 left in your hand. Whooptee doo.

Its hardly huge considering you're spending $400 on a damn video game system. Not $100, not $200. $400. I fail to see how damaging the price difference is between either system.

And I'll laugh at people who buy the ps eye which will be $60 plus tax. So you saved a good $30 or so. I mean come on. Cut it out.

Sidenote: Is ps4 charging to play online? If so do you or anyone know how much they are talkin about? I havent heard anything.

There's simply nothing about the xbox worth an extra 100 dollars (IMO) Idc about kinect, I don't care about social media on my gaming system, I don't care about halo.

I've hear ps plus online will be cheaper, not by much but cheaper.

For 100 dollars less you're getting a system that is arguably better than the Xbox and the special features the xbox provides are irrelevant to me anyways.

With that extra 100 I can get a game & a second controller for less or just as much as the Xbox console only.

That's an extra 100 to throw at rent, food, and other things.

Idk just makes more sense to me for my situation
MastaKilla is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: