Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-11-2013, 04:35 AM   #1
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default can you become non milk lactose?

I used to drink milk like it was water when I was younger. I'd literally go through 1 gallon of milk a day at times. I'd have it with meals, drink it after a workout or playing ball, you name it.

But now I can't even drink an inch worth of milk without rushing to the crapper with a mild case of diarrhea, which is why I only drink it when I have two days off in a row.

I understand one can become milk lactose later on in life and it isn't something you're born with.

But does anybody know if one can become un lactose?

I want to drink milk again. I avoid eating tons of pastries and sweets because of this. Can't even enjoy real orchata at work because I start to rush to the crapper asap.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:55 AM   #2
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: can you become non milk lactose?

I'm lactose intolerant. I just drink lactose free milk.

You could always go see a doctor and they can prescribe pills that helps you digest lactose easier.

As for becoming 'un-lactose intolerant' I don't think that will happen, from what I know it gets worse the older you get.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:30 AM   #3
Nanners
Great college starter

Nanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

yes you can become non milk lactose

i do it all the time
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:43 AM   #4
Jello
Hume>Kunt.

Jello is starting to rub some people the wrong wayJello is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Yes I became non milk lactose even though I'm an adult.
Jello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:55 AM   #5
joe
College superstar

joe has a terrific reputationjoe has a terrific reputationjoe has a terrific reputationjoe has a terrific reputationjoe has a terrific reputationjoe has a terrific reputation

Ever try any milk alternatives? They're not exactly the same but some of them are really good. I love almond milk and soy milk.
joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:13 AM   #6
DukeDelonte13
NBA sixth man of the year

DukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

just take a lactaid. They work.
DukeDelonte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:31 AM   #7
TheReal Kendall
Love Live Life

TheReal Kendall is starting to rub some people the wrong wayTheReal Kendall is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I can only drink chocolate milk. White milk makes me throw up

I guess I'm a lil racist
TheReal Kendall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:57 PM   #8
senelcoolidge
College star

senelcoolidge has not been impressing people

once you're lactose intolerant you are lactose intolerant for life. but there are alternatives.
senelcoolidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:15 PM   #9
DMV2
Keep on Rockin in...

DMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I recently have the same issue like you, OP. Was a regular milk consumer until about a month or ago. Every time I drank milk, it could be as little as one small cup, I would get an upset stomach and have diarrhea.

I skipped a week and tried drinking milk again, same result. I guess I'm lactose intolerant now.
Now I'm just drinking alternative milk like soybean milk and coconut milk.
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:31 PM   #10
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

Eat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
I used to drink milk like it was water when I was younger. I'd literally go through 1 gallon of milk a day at times. I'd have it with meals, drink it after a workout or playing ball, you name it.

But now I can't even drink an inch worth of milk without rushing to the crapper with a mild case of diarrhea, which is why I only drink it when I have two days off in a row.

I understand one can become milk lactose later on in life and it isn't something you're born with.

But does anybody know if one can become un lactose?

I want to drink milk again. I avoid eating tons of pastries and sweets because of this. Can't even enjoy real orchata at work because I start to rush to the crapper asap.
Dude, I'm literally like the exact opposite. I hated milk when I was a kid, and puked/had a mild case of diarrhea whenever I drank a certain amount.

But right now I love milk. I drink it twice daily, and use it in all my smoothies. I don't know whether or not I was lactose intolerant when I was little...
Eat Like A Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:46 PM   #11
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

TBH drinking another animal's milk is a bit weird. I think humans are the only ones to do it.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:49 PM   #12
TheReal Kendall
Love Live Life

TheReal Kendall is starting to rub some people the wrong wayTheReal Kendall is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
TBH drinking another animal's milk is a bit weird. I think humans are the only ones to do it.

It is quite weird. Who came up with this idea?
TheReal Kendall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:52 PM   #13
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Consider raw milk or Sheeps milk

If u like the taste then sub with rice milk

If you're looking for similar nutrient profile quinoa has a carb pro fat ratio almost like it and vit d can be attained from sun calcium from leafy greens
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 04:00 PM   #14
DMV2
Keep on Rockin in...

DMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
We should start drinking breastmilk. Has a lot of nutrients and a lot healthier than processed milk.
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:34 PM   #15
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
just take a lactaid. They work.

Thanks for all the suggestions from everybody.

Problem is, you can't always get a certain type of milk. I have heard about this before, I can't believe I haven't explored it, I'll def give it a shot. Thanks
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: