Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-11-2013, 09:32 AM   #1
outbreak
Custom User Title

outbreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroutbreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroutbreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroutbreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroutbreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroutbreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroutbreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroutbreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default the ashes

Anyone else here watching the first test? I knew agar is considered abit of an all rounder in donestic and Club cricket but that was one crazy session.
outbreak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:45 AM   #2
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

andremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: the ashes

I stopped watching cricket the day Adam Gilchrist retired, that guy use to play 20/20 cricket style in one dayer's and Test cricket, the GOAT wicketkeeper after he left that was it for me and cricket. Australia has been beyond piss weak for ages now.
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:57 AM   #3
outbreak
Custom User Title

outbreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroutbreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroutbreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroutbreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroutbreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroutbreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroutbreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroutbreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by andremiller07
I stopped watching cricket the day Adam Gilchrist retired, that guy use to play 20/20 cricket style in one dayer's and Test cricket, the GOAT wicketkeeper after he left that was it for me and cricket. Australia has been beyond piss weak for ages now.
Gilly changed a keepers role. I hate haddin, doesn't know when to consolidate and tries to play like Gilchrist every innings even though he doesn't have the talent
Old 07-11-2013, 12:04 PM   #4
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

andremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbreak
Gilly changed a keepers role. I hate haddin, doesn't know when to consolidate and tries to play like Gilchrist every innings even though he doesn't have the talent
Yeah Haddin is terrible I remember people saying when he replaced Gilly he "could" be better lmao what a joke. That Australian team in the late 90's to the mid 2000's was like a dream team literally every single player was a match winner. You had like 4-5 guys who couldn't make the team like MacGil, Bichel, Watson, M.Hussey (couldn't make it for ages) that would walk into any other line up.

I reckon had Australia had a Australia A team at that time that team would be top 3.
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:25 PM   #5
outbreak
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by andremiller07
Yeah Haddin is terrible I remember people saying when he replaced Gilly he "could" be better lmao what a joke. That Australian team in the late 90's to the mid 2000's was like a dream team literally every single player was a match winner. You had like 4-5 guys who couldn't make the team like MacGil, Bichel, Watson, M.Hussey (couldn't make it for ages) that would walk into any other line up.

I reckon had Australia had a Australia A team at that time that team would be top 3.

definitely, lehman, hussey, bichel, macgil, rogers, hodge all those guys would have been top players on other sides. I really don't get the selectors decisions these days, maxwell is terrible. I've watched him for vics and every now and then he has a good 20/20 innings which means nothing other than he can slog yet we look at him as a future test player? Smith has no technique at all and doesn't even work on his horrible bowling now yet we keep selecting him? Guys like O'keefe are putting up consistent bowling figures and decent batting while showing leadership skills but never get considered while we randomly pick guys like beer, smith, lyon (who has done ok) and agar (who may yet do ok). When did we swap from picking players based on their fc record to picking young guys based purely on potential and club cricket?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: