Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-13-2013, 02:19 AM   #31
ace23

ace23 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayace23 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Dropping Out of College?

Can you show us something you've done? Singing, acting, whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle

ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 02:20 AM   #32
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Heilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
do you write your own tunes, either lyrics/notes are both?
Can you play an instrument(s)?
Can you produce a music track?

No to all of the above.

After going through this thread, I am starting to realize how delusional I might have been regarding this. At 27, starting from absolute scratch.
Heilige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 02:22 AM   #33
ace23

ace23 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayace23 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heilige
No to all of the above.
What drew you to the entertainment business? What makes you think you can do it?
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 02:23 AM   #34
eriX
Good High School Starter

eriX has not been impressing people

You know there is a reason the voice, xfactor and idols exists... even the got talent shows...
eriX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 02:27 AM   #35
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
No to all of the above.

After going through this thread, I am starting to realize how delusional I might have been regarding this. At 27, starting from absolute scratch.
If you sing or want to be a singer, you should be able to at least write a song? Do you just sing cover tunes? It's good to start of that way, but sooner or latter you are gonna want to try something yourself, right?

Same with playing. Most players start out with cover tunes but eventually they begin to pluck, strum, bang, some notes of there on and before you know it, you got a Melodie you created all on your own.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 02:36 AM   #36
Jameerthefear
Banned

Jameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Why did LOJ switch accounts.
Also, I wish you the best of luck op
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 02:40 AM   #37
Hoodlum Science
Deity ★ Persona

Hoodlum Science is starting to rub some people the wrong wayHoodlum Science is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
Why did LOJ switch accounts.
Also, I wish you the best of luck op

The Legend of Josh account was perma-banned. Bunch of crybaby ninjas.
Hoodlum Science is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 03:15 AM   #38
Jameerthefear
Banned

Jameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodlum Science
The Legend of Josh account was perma-banned. Bunch of crybaby ninjas.
What reason?
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 03:20 AM   #39
unbreakable
National High School Star

unbreakable posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryunbreakable posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryunbreakable posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

i dropped out of college for 2 yrs to do the same thing... went back and finished my 1st degree thank goodness because the music didnt work out.

finish school.
if youre good enough to make it big while in school, youll get noticed eventually. otherwise you definitely want a back up plan. finish school as fast as you can.. take summer classes if you have to if youre very serious about pursuing your goals. good luck.
unbreakable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 01:44 PM   #40
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Heilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
What drew you to the entertainment business? What makes you think you can do it?

What drew me to the business was seeing how actors and musicians can elicit great emotions from people that watch them perform their craft; those that are the best in both fields (acting/musicianship/singing). That is what really drew me in. I want to be able to perform to the degree where I can touch people that way from an emotional standpoint the way the greats do. There are songs that have made me cry and breakdown and there have been scenes that actors have performed that have made me do the same. I have always been fascinated and inspired by people that can perform so well they get those types of responses from people. The entertainment business gives someone the largest platform from which to do that I feel.

Last edited by Heilige : 07-13-2013 at 01:48 PM.
Old 07-13-2013, 01:46 PM   #41
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Quote:
If you sing or want to be a singer, you should be able to at least write a song? Do you just sing cover tunes? It's good to start of that way, but sooner or latter you are gonna want to try something yourself, right?

Same with playing. Most players start out with cover tunes but eventually they begin to pluck, strum, bang, some notes of there on and before you know it, you got a Melodie you created all on your own.

I haven't written a song before and never really sang at all. It is still something I want to try at least.

How can I go from where I am at to at least being able to write my own song?
Old 07-13-2013, 01:56 PM   #42
intrinsic
Local High School Star

intrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputation

Quote:
I haven't written a song before and never really sang at all. It is still something I want to try at least.

Meet people. Talk to them. Develop your interests.
intrinsic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 02:05 PM   #43
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

You got a pen, you got some paper ... start writing.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 02:07 PM   #44
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Quote:

How do you become a good writer when it comes to writing songs?
Old 07-13-2013, 02:13 PM   #45
eriX
Good High School Starter

eriX has not been impressing people

Quote:

i assume he wants to do more than just writing lyrics... do you know how to play any instruments? If not buy a cheap guitar and learn it. If you have no musical knowledge at all, it would take at least 3 - 4 months before becoming familiar with reading/playing a guitar.

And honestly writing music is something you have to be talented in, just like how some are meant for sports, some are made for music. Same with singing, everyone can sing if you hit the right notes, but not everyone have that quality to their voice or power to become a great singer.
eriX is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: