Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 07-31-2013, 11:28 PM   #16
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Fantasy Football 2013 Advice

Spiller or McCoy
Dez or Green
Forte or Chris Johnson
David Wilson or Lamar Miller or Chris Ivory
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:44 PM   #17
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz873
Spiller or McCoy
Dez or Green
Forte or Chris Johnson
David Wilson or Lamar Miller or Chris Ivory

Spiller easily. He's so explosive. With a rookie QB I feel like he's going to see an increase in attempts this season as well. Barring any injuries, if you take McCoy over Spiller you're making a mistake.

Dez or Green...tough. Both have awesome ability. Green is less of an injury risk but I would go Dez because he's playing some pretty shitty secondaires in the NFC East. He has the much easier schedule over all.

Forte and Chris Johnson is closer than people think. I'm avoiding Forte this season if I can because that offensive line is shit and he has a pretty tough schedule. Chris Johnson has an improved offesnvie line, but he's so unpredictable. He can either be the 5th best RB next season or the 15th. If you want a guy who you pretty much know will be a RB2 go Forte. If you want a guy who could become a RB1 if everything goes right, but risk him playing more like a RB3 go CJ.

I have the last 3 RBs ranked in this order.

David Wilson- Tough schedule, but very good offensive line. Will see a large amount of carries this season, and his lightining quick speed and big play ability.

Chris Ivory- Easy easy easy schedule. Playing 2nd easiest schedule against teams who gave up most fantasy points to RBs last season. Miller actually has the 1rst easiest, but Ivory has the experience over the rookie.

Lamar Miller

I actually have Ivory and Miller ranked back to back.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:52 PM   #18
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

IGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation here

Tenth year of my keeper league. QBs own the scoring and the layout allows you to start 2. My team was ass last year and I haven't had a good QB since Kurt Warner and Michel Vick (of the Falcons....). Help me out here.

Keep 3 of:

Josh Freeman
Kevin Kolb
Jake Locker
Christian Ponder

Reggie Bush
Frank Gore
Mikel Leshoure
Alfred Morris

Danario Alexander
Kenny Britt
Larry Fitzgerald
Jordy Nelson
Hakeem Nicks

Probably Morris and Bush or Gore? Should I just keep all 3 of them? There's two RB plus a flex, so I could technically use all 3. Take a chance on a Fitz or Nicks comeback season? Any of my QBs with upside? Because I'll honestly take the chance, I need a QB worth keeping in a bad way.

Since I 'm here, any rookies worth taking a shot at early? Preferably a QB.
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:03 PM   #19
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
Tenth year of my keeper league. QBs own the scoring and the layout allows you to start 2. My team was ass last year and I haven't had a good QB since Kurt Warner and Michel Vick (of the Falcons....). Help me out here.

Keep 3 of:

Josh Freeman
Kevin Kolb
Jake Locker
Christian Ponder

Reggie Bush
Frank Gore

Mikel Leshoure
Alfred Morris
(no-brainer)

Danario Alexander
Kenny Britt
Larry Fitzgerald
Jordy Nelson
Hakeem Nicks
(can't answer this off hand, I think both Nelson and Alexander have injury issues...so probably Fitz/Nicks/Britt)

Probably Morris and Bush or Gore? Should I just keep all 3 of them? There's two RB plus a flex, so I could technically use all 3. Take a chance on a Fitz or Nicks comeback season? Any of my QBs with upside? Because I'll honestly take the chance, I need a QB worth keeping in a bad way.

Quote:
no. just did a keeper draft, EJ Manuel went mid 2nd round and then Geno Smith
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:11 PM   #20
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

IGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation here

Oops, I see how I may have confused you. 3 out of the entire list. I only separated it by position so it's easier on the eyes.

I'm thinking of taking one of those two earlier than they should. I don't like any of the QBs in this draft, but I also didn't like Newton and RG3 that much, passed over them, and now I'm crawling for crumbs. I need to take a shot on a rookie QB this year.

I think I'm going with Geno because he's the QB I like the least. Go against my terrible instincts and see what happens.
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:23 PM   #21
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

With those QBs in a QB driven league it may be safe to assume you don't like your chanes to compete for the title? If you're banking on Geno Smith to be a good enough fantasy QB to win your league this year I'm going to say you're probably wrong about that.

Consider keeping your 3 most valuable trade pieces and trading for a QB that will be the man on your team for the future.

If you don't want to do that than those 3 Rbs look like the right choice as keepers.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:58 PM   #22
code green
Boston Tank Party

code green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation here

I'm trying to hold of on a QB this year...who would you draft out of the following?

Romo
Luck
RG3
Schaub
Dalton
Eli
Bradford
Palmer

I have them in this order...any objections?
code green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 04:08 PM   #23
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by code green
I'm trying to hold of on a QB this year...who would you draft out of the following?

Romo
Luck
RG3
Schaub
Dalton
Eli
Bradford
Palmer

No you've got it right in my opinion, unless of courde its a keeper league. I love picking a bunch of top rb and wrs and grabbing Romo in the 7-9th round. The schedule he has would make even Jamarcus Russel a starter.
Old 08-21-2013, 04:15 PM   #24
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Romo
Luck
RG3
Schaub
Dalton
Eli
Bradford
Palmer

as much as it pains me to say this I would put RG3 ahead of Romo, he was one of the best fantasy players period last year. Yeah his injury is a concern but his ceiling is through the roof. He has the potential to be the top scoring fantasy player period...

after that I would put Dalton over Shaub

basically

RG3
Romo
Luck
Dalton
Shaub
Old 08-21-2013, 04:17 PM   #25
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Keep 3 of:

Josh Freeman
Kevin Kolb
Jake Locker
Christian Ponder

Reggie Bush
Frank Gore
Mikel Leshoure
Alfred Morris

Danario Alexander
Kenny Britt
Larry Fitzgerald
Jordy Nelson
Hakeem Nicks

I would probably keep Alf, Reggie, and Fitz. Sucks your QB situation is so shitty but I would rather have a good foundation with those 3 than waste a keeper on a mediocre QB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
as much as it pains me to say this I would put RG3 ahead of Romo, he was one of the best fantasy players period last year. Yeah his injury is a concern but his ceiling is through the roof. He has the potential to be the top scoring fantasy player period...

after that I would put Dalton over Shaub

basically

RG3
Romo
Luck
Dalton
Shaub

Yeah, I would rate RG3 first too. If you can get him in a reasonable round, then I think he is the way to go. You can always get a solid back-up for cheap later on.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:23 PM   #26
code green
Boston Tank Party

code green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation here

I love being in New England. I got the 2nd overall pick and the guy who had #1 always takes Brady with his first pick. Allllllllll Dayyyy.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:55 PM   #27
code green
Boston Tank Party

Just finished my draft. Got the #2 pick in a 12 team league.

QB: Russell Wilson/Carson Palmer
RB: Adrian Peterson/Stevan Ridley/Danny Woodhead/DeAngelo Williams
WR: Brandon Marshall/Randall Cobb/T.Y. Hilton/Cecil Shorts/Denarius Moore
TE: Greg Olsen/Zach Sudfeld
K: Garrett Hartley
D: San Diego
Old 08-22-2013, 12:03 AM   #28
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Just finished my draft. Got the #2 pick in a 12 team league.

QB: Russell Wilson/Carson Palmer
RB: Adrian Peterson/Stevan Ridley/Danny Woodhead/DeAngelo Williams
WR: Brandon Marshall/Randall Cobb/T.Y. Hilton/Cecil Shorts/Denarius Moore
TE: Greg Olsen/Zach Sudfeld
K: Garrett Hartley
D: San Diego
like this team...obviously crazy that AP was there at #2 but I rank Ridley and Marshall almost the same so one of them fell to you and you took advantage.

I don't like your TE situation but that is about it
Old 08-25-2013, 02:18 PM   #29
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Anyone got any advice for a 16 team league strategy?
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 02:24 PM   #30
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
Anyone got any advice for a 16 team league strategy?
Do you know what pick you have?
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: