Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 08-26-2013, 12:29 PM   #46
LeFraud James
THE KING GOT HIS RING

LeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Fantasy Football 2013 Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
Because you still have to start two RB, Romo is ranked like 12th QB on ESPN. Just tells you can still grab a good QB late.

That's my bad, I should have realized I neglected to mention that last year in this league there were 4 QB's taken Round 1.

There's always the guy who grabs Peyton in the 1st, and even this year he picked up a RB instead.

Any thoughts on the squad?
LeFraud James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:50 PM   #47
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

12 team league. Had 8th pick

QB - Matt Ryan
WR - Torrey Smith
WR - Eric Decker
WR - Sidney Rice
RB1 - Marshawn Lynch (1st rd)
RB2 - Frank Gore (2nd rd)
TE - Rob Gronkowski
WRT - Ben Tate
K - Sebastian Janikowski
DEF - Houston

Bench - Brent Celek, Andre Roberts, Justin Blackmon, Matt Schaub, Denarius Moore
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:58 PM   #48
LeFraud James
THE KING GOT HIS RING

LeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa
12 team league. Had 8th pick

QB - Matt Ryan
WR - Torrey Smith
WR - Eric Decker
WR - Sidney Rice
RB1 - Marshawn Lynch (1st rd)
RB2 - Frank Gore (2nd rd)
TE - Rob Gronkowski
WRT - Ben Tate
K - Sebastian Janikowski
DEF - Houston

Bench - Brent Celek, Andre Roberts, Justin Blackmon, Matt Schaub, Denarius Moore

8.5/10

No stand out guys at WR, and you have absolutely no depth at RB, but aside from that you're solid all around.

You reached for Gore a bit, but it's understandable if you wanted to go RB-RB and he was the best available. He's much safer than all the other guys going around him.

Who did you get in the 3rd?
LeFraud James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:23 PM   #49
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeFraud James
8.5/10

No stand out guys at WR, and you have absolutely no depth at RB, but aside from that you're solid all around.

You reached for Gore a bit, but it's understandable if you wanted to go RB-RB and he was the best available. He's much safer than all the other guys going around him.

Who did you get in the 3rd?

Ryan was my 3rd pick.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:52 AM   #50
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

14th pick in a 14 team work league. How the **** do I prepare for that?
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:38 AM   #51
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

For a buddy

"Need a fantasy football consultation. My RBs are Martin, Jackson, Le'Veon Bell and Ballard. My WRs are White, Nicks, Garcon, Mike Williams, Britt. Do you think my WRs are solid enough to where I could trade White for another RB or should I rock out with what I have? Btw I got Kaep at QB"
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:38 AM   #52
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
14th pick in a 14 team work league. How the **** do I prepare for that?
What are the settings? PPR? If so id be prepared to go back to back with two stud receivers unless a tier 1 rb falls to you.
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:41 AM   #53
TheSilentKiller
3-time NBA All-Star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
For a buddy

"Need a fantasy football consultation. My RBs are Martin, Jackson, Le'Veon Bell and Ballard. My WRs are White, Nicks, Garcon, Mike Williams, Britt. Do you think my WRs are solid enough to where I could trade White for another RB or should I rock out with what I have? Btw I got Kaep at QB"
Trading one of his top 3 receivers would probably be a good idea.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:59 AM   #54
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz873
What are the settings? PPR? If so id be prepared to go back to back with two stud receivers unless a tier 1 rb falls to you.
Non-ppr. I'm planning on taking the highest RB and WR on my list. Probably a pick of AJ/Dez/Julio and whoever falls at RB.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:20 PM   #55
TheSilentKiller
3-time NBA All-Star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Non-ppr. I'm planning on taking the highest RB and WR on my list. Probably a pick of AJ/Dez/Julio and whoever falls at RB.
This is what I would do.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 06:35 PM   #56
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
bad plan IMO

you should just take the two players you have ranked the highest regardless of what position they play...don't take a RB just because you feel you have to take a RB...just take the players that score the most points
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:47 AM   #57
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

My gf's starting qb is Big Ben, she has a trade option of either Matt Ryan or RGIII (owned by the same guy) for either Roddy White or Sea D.. what should she do..

Her back up D is GB.

Other potential is trade MJD for Mike Vick but would need to probably through in a back up qb and something else to even it out.

What do??

Last edited by Anti Hero : 08-29-2013 at 08:20 AM.
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:25 AM   #58
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
bad plan IMO

you should just take the two players you have ranked the highest regardless of what position they play...don't take a RB just because you feel you have to take a RB...just take the players that score the most points
I know you won with this strategy but what place did you come in as far as overall points. I don't think I've ever been lower than 4th in total points unless killed by injuries.
Old 08-29-2013, 01:21 PM   #59
shaq2000
mde

shaq2000 has decent reputationshaq2000 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeFraud James
I would give your draft an 8/10.

You're definitely a little thin at WR, but that core of Peterson/CJ/Julio is a powerhouse. Throw in a low-end RB2 Sproles in your flex with a high ceiling TE and you're golden if the boys can protect Romo.

Drop Pead immedietely and pick up either a lottery type RB(none of which are left I'm sure), or a WR who could see some playing time if injuries were to happen.

I dropped Pead for Cordarrelle Patterson. Good pick up?

Haven't seen much of him, but I heard he's been making some waves in Minnesota's receiving squad.
shaq2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:06 PM   #60
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I know you won with this strategy but what place did you come in as far as overall points. I don't think I've ever been lower than 4th in total points unless killed by injuries.
I was 3rd overall...behind only SCY and Nugsfan

I've used this same strategy since day 1, not just last year, and I have the best overall average in the money league for those who have played 3+ years...playoffs every year

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
2010:

*1. Tamme Sauce
*2. Keys Trees
*3. Ross from Friends
*4. Team RBA
*5. Shake
*6. -playmaker-
7. Illini Money
8. Riddler
9. Raging Wild Nuts
10. Curtis Martin Music
11. Favre's Last Stand
12. Posterize

2011:

*1. Injured Reserve
*2. Team RBA
*3. The JBs
*4. Baseketball4life
*5. -playmaker-
*6. Riddler
7. Keys Trees
8. ILLINI Money
9. Perry is Something
10. Teen Tits
11. Teen Titans
12. Tamme Sauce

2012:

*1. -spillertime-
*2. NataliePortman's
*3. My Favorite Marshawn
*4. Baseketball4life
*5. Doomsday Dallas
*6. The JBs
7. Jazz Ballers
8. The Silent Killer
9. Illini Money
10. Young and Hungry
11. GOBB iz GOOD amen
12. Team RBA

rankings from players that played all 3 years:
(although I don't know who some of those teams from 2010 are, is B4L in there or SCY?)

1. -primetime-: 6/5/1 avg: 4
2. RBA: 4/2/12 avg: 6
3. Doomsday: 8/6/5 avg: 6.3
4. Marlo: 1/12/10 avg: 7.7
5. Illini: 7/8/9 avg: 8

not tryin to brag but I'm fckin good god damn it, listen to me
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: