Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-01-2013, 09:03 PM   #631
ihoopallday
King James

Default Re: Fantasy Football 2013 Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaq2000
I started Jeffery (50 pts) and Decker (51 pts) in my PPR league.

100+ points from 2 WRs.

That's awesome. Crazy how just one or two players can change your fantasy day.
ihoopallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 10:48 PM   #632
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaq2000
I started Jeffery (50 pts) and Decker (51 pts) in my PPR league.

100+ points from 2 WRs.
Bet a guy in one of my leagues wished he copied you. Had both Jeffery and Gordon on 50 points on the bench!

Had Demayrius Thomas and Brandon Marshall as his WR's and Ray Rice as a flex. Totally blew his week with those two on the bench. Not sure why he was starting Rice over one of those WR's.

Last edited by El Kabong : 12-01-2013 at 10:50 PM.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 12:59 AM   #633
ihoopallday
King James

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong
Bet a guy in one of my leagues wished he copied you. Had both Jeffery and Gordon on 50 points on the bench!

Had Demayrius Thomas and Brandon Marshall as his WR's and Ray Rice as a flex. Totally blew his week with those two on the bench. Not sure why he was starting Rice over one of those WR's.

That guy deserves to be slapped. How do you bench Gordon when he had 362 yards, 2tds from his last two games coming into this weekend. And it's a matchup against the Jags. I'd be pissed off leaving 1 player with 50 on the bench, but 2??
Old 12-02-2013, 04:00 PM   #634
irondarts

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong

How in the hell do you start Ray Rice at this point? Especially when you have Gordon and Jeffery (and even Wallace).
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:40 PM   #635
TylerOO
Wake me up in June

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
How in the hell do you start Ray Rice at this point? Especially when you have Gordon and Jeffery (and even Wallace).

He's probably one of those idiots that are like "omg its RAY FREAKIN RICE". He probably started him every week because he refused to bench his first round pick
TylerOO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:27 PM   #636
irondarts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerOO
He's probably one of those idiots that are like "omg its RAY FREAKIN RICE". He probably started him every week because he refused to bench his first round pick
Probably.

But geez, Ray Rice is droppable at this point, he's certainly not startable.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:55 PM   #637
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

Depending on what Wilson does, I'll be eliminated in one league and clinch the last playoff spot in another.

The one I would clinch a spot I started 0-4 and 1-5 and am currently 6-6 but losing this week. If Breeds has a huge game I'll win but the guy I'm tied with for the last spot is only up 15 now and Wilson still has the second half to go.

In the other league I've lost Julio, Reggie, Black on, and Rodgers. So even with decent depth I just lost too much firepower.

So I guess I'm rooting for Wilson and Brees to have a shoot-out.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 05:13 AM   #638
ihoopallday
King James

Well, got my first round bye I ****ing love Josh Gordon. I faced a lot of injuries too this season. Lost Rodgers, Arian Foster, and Reggie Wayne. They were the main reason I started 6-1. Since then, just been making adjustments every week and it paid off. I could've clinched the bye week two weekends ago, but something very fishy happened. I was up 113-112 and somehow my opponent got an extra point for his Texans D/ST like 8 hours after the game which resulted in a tie. I looked at all the stat corrections, but didn't see it. The guy I tied with is the commissioners brother. Oh well, still came out on top.
Old 12-03-2013, 06:02 AM   #639
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerOO
Bingo!
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 02:22 PM   #640
shaq2000
mde

Guys, I need some help on this one. (PPR league)

1 QB:
Matt Ryan
Alx Smith
Ben Roethlisberger

2 WRs, 1 Flex:
Alshon Jeffery
Eric Decker
Jordy Nelson
Cecil Shorts
Maurice Jones-Drew
Ben Tate
Le'Veon Bell

For the QB... I've been able to squeak by starting Matt Ryan when he's had single digit or low teen weeks, but I can't afford to this week. I could really use 20+ points from my QB.

I can't sit Alshon. I don't think I should sit Decker either. Right? I'd start Bell at flex if he were 100% healthy, but it doesn't look like I'll be taking that gamble. MJD has been having some nice games but I feel like he's gonna drop off again soon. Jordy really needs Rodgers back to produce, so I feel like that's another gamble.

Jeffery/Decker/MJD?
Jeffery/Decker/Shorts?
Jeffery/Decker/Tate?
Jeffery/Decker/Nelson if Rodgers is going to play?
shaq2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 02:45 PM   #641
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

do i have my lineup right? it's the first week of playoffs, i was thinking maybe morris over gore because the seahawks shutdown ap the other week. i was also thinking cardinals d over the lolphins because cardinals have something to play for as do the steelers the lolphins opponent. any help is appreciated.
Styles p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 01:47 PM   #642
JimmyMcAdocious
Very good NBA starter

1 of for my WR/TE flex

Boldin against Seattle
Stevie Johnson @TB
Cordarrelle Patterson @Bal
Jared Cook @ Ari

No one is the free agency, although Jacoby Jones (against Min) and Dexter McCluster (@Was) sound interesting. They both have been getting targets and I do get points for return yards. Cordarrelle Patterson also returns kicks, fwiw.

Also Denarius Moore and Andre Holmes, both against the Jets. One of those is going to be the #1 for Oakland this week, just not sure who...

No WR depth and I have 3 players (Gore, Kaep, and Boldin) against the Seattle defense this week. I think Gore will still produce, unsure about Kaep and especially Boldin against Sherman. Trying to avoid Boldin at all costs.
JimmyMcAdocious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 02:18 PM   #643
jazz873
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
1 of for my WR/TE flex

Boldin against Seattle
Stevie Johnson @TB
Cordarrelle Patterson @Bal
Jared Cook @ Ari

No one is the free agency, although Jacoby Jones (against Min) and Dexter McCluster (@Was) sound interesting. They both have been getting targets and I do get points for return yards. Cordarrelle Patterson also returns kicks, fwiw.

Also Denarius Moore and Andre Holmes, both against the Jets. One of those is going to be the #1 for Oakland this week, just not sure who...

No WR depth and I have 3 players (Gore, Kaep, and Boldin) against the Seattle defense this week. I think Gore will still produce, unsure about Kaep and especially Boldin against Sherman. Trying to avoid Boldin at all costs.
Call me crazy but look at what the Philly's TE's did to the Cardinals
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 02:47 PM   #644
JimmyMcAdocious
Very good NBA starter

That's actually who I have been leaning towards.

Like I said, I want to avoid Boldin this week. Then Johnson has been so inconsistent, and his lows are really low. Like closer to 1 than 10, even got me a negative one week. Patterson is a consistent play (double digits in my league's scoring in all about 2 weeks - 1 & 6), but his upside is pretty limited. Doesn't make too much sense to play it safe when it's the playoffs, imo. And Cook's been solid all year. It's very likely I would get something close to Patterson's scoring, even on an average day from Cook.
JimmyMcAdocious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 07:16 PM   #645
ROCSteady
Wall*Kobe*Durant*Pau*

should I roll with chris johnson vs. denver or ben tate vs. jacksonville?

i think eddie lacy vs. atlanta is a given but i dunno how reliable tate will be after a big game this past week. johnson is always good for multiple receptions too
ROCSteady is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: