Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-11-2013, 08:28 PM   #1
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default MWP/Artest has been officially amnestied

I'm glad to have had this man be a part of the Lakers organization. He has clearly come a long way since the Malice in Auburn Palace. The shot he hit in game 7 and the defense he played throughout the Finals runs was truly something special. He will be missed but never forgotten for his great contributions.

Thank-you Metta World Peace a.k.a. Ron Artest!

Quote:
The Los Angeles Lakers released Metta World Peace via the amnesty clause on Thursday.

"It's tough to say goodbye to a player such as Metta, who has been a significant part of our team the past four seasons. For anyone who's had the opportunity to get to know him, it's impossible not to love him," Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak said in a release. "He has made many contributions to this organization, both in his community work as well as in our games; perhaps no more so than in his clutch play in Game 7 of the 2010 NBA Finals in helping to lead us over the Celtics in one of the greatest playoff wins in Lakers history. We thank Metta for all his contributions and wish him the best of luck in the future."

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...amnesty-clause
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:57 PM   #2
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: MWP/Artest has been officially amnestied

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
I'm glad to have had this man be a part of the Lakers organization. He has clearly come a long way since the Malice in Auburn Palace. The shot he hit in game 7 and the defense he played throughout the Finals runs was truly something special. He will be missed but never forgotten for his great contributions.

Thank-you Metta World Peace a.k.a. Ron Artest!

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...amnesty-clause

DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:35 PM   #3
Mgamer20o0
Great young streetballer

Mgamer20o0 has decent reputationMgamer20o0 has decent reputation

was so glad when we got him. sad to see him go. sad not to many players do what he does. defense is important but you just dont get the credit. i hope he finds a good fit on a new team.
Mgamer20o0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:40 PM   #4
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

One of the greatest sidekicks to Kobe, and one of the better teammates to ever wear a laker uniform. His career didn't get off to a hot start with his temper, but as a laker, his reputation was revived and he led us to arguably the best championship the lakers ever earned.

My favorite player, I am sad to see him go and I hope he will always stay in LA. Everyone needs a Ron Artest.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:17 PM   #5
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
One of the greatest sidekicks to Kobe, and one of the better teammates to ever wear a laker uniform. His career didn't get off to a hot start with his temper, but as a laker, his reputation was revived and he led us to arguably the best championship the lakers ever earned.

My favorite player, I am sad to see him go and I hope he will always stay in LA. Everyone needs a Ron Artest.

WHOA........who thinks that it was in the conversation of best Lakers championship??????? Not in my conversation......maybe a youngsters conv?
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 05:38 PM   #6
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
WHOA........who thinks that it was in the conversation of best Lakers championship??????? Not in my conversation......maybe a youngsters conv?

Okay well maybe the best of Kobe's era.

1) it was against the celtics
2) It was a rematch finals against the celtics
3) it went to game 7
4) Ron Artest, a role player, picked up the slack and kept us in
5) it was a second of back to back championships

All these factors are what make this championship victory special.

Best ever? maybe not. Best of Kobe's era? Yeah I'll probably concede to that.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: