Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-16-2013, 02:45 PM   #511
STATUTORY
Bear Chested Da Brawn

Default Re: Zimmerman Not Guilty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor

I think the difference is the police and law enforcement acted swiftly in the case of Marley Lion and began investigations that led to subsequent arrests. Meanwhile for Trayvon there was no urgency to even collect evidence and arrest was not made until national outcry.

What's with the difference in police response? You tell me
STATUTORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 02:49 PM   #512
longtime lurker
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude77
he's talking about a civil rights charge .. from the government .. and plenty of other hate crimes occur from blacks attacking whites .. there was just one there in baltimore just yesterday or today .. a pack attacked some hispanic guy .. beat him and said 'this is for trayvon' lol .. do you think the doj is gonna step in and charge those fine young men with civil rights violations ? ..

the doj never charges these people with 'civil rights' violations .. why is that ?

They'll get charged with assault and a hate crime. So I don't see the point you're trying to make.
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 02:49 PM   #513
dude77
NBA sixth man of the year

and by the way that marley lion case is as brutally shocking as any case .. guy walking up to the guy's car and executing him ? are you @#$# kidding me ? and no coverage at all .. nothing .. zilch .. total blackout ..

same thing with channon christian/christopher newsom .. brutally tortured, raped and killed and set on fire .. makes the gz case look like a disney story .. yet no coverage at all .. but this bs self defense case goes international .. gtfoh lol .. I didn't even know who that marley guy was until RIGHT NOW and that shit happened last year
dude77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 02:53 PM   #514
LBJMVP
Cavaliers!

Quote:

not even the same. marley case it open and shut. they killed him and it was on camera.

martin case deserved a trial. and then it was blown up by media.
LBJMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 02:54 PM   #515
longtime lurker
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude77
and by the way that marley lion case is as brutally shocking as any case .. guy walking up to the guy's car and executing him ? are you @#$# kidding me ? and no coverage at all .. nothing .. zilch .. total blackout ..

same thing with channon christian/christopher newsom .. brutally tortured, raped and killed and set on fire .. makes the gz case look like a disney story .. yet no coverage at all .. but this bs self defense case goes international .. gtfoh lol .. I didn't even know who that marley guy was until RIGHT NOW and that shit happened last year

You want to cry about all the cases of white on white, black on black, white on black and black on white cases that aren't on the news? Get real. I don't see all the news outlets covering the Michael Dunn case or the lady who got 20 years for firing warning shots.
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 03:03 PM   #516
dude77

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUTORY
I think the difference is the police and law enforcement acted swiftly in the case of Marley Lion and began investigations that led to subsequent arrests. Meanwhile for Trayvon there was no urgency to even collect evidence and arrest was not made until national outcry.

What's with the difference in police response? You tell me

this was all a show backed by an agenda .. headed by crump, sharpton and company .. it was all about race and race baiting pieces of shit stoking the flames and trying to profit from it .. they didn't charge him because he acted in self defense .. case should have never gone to trial and should have never gotten this much attention ..

if it was for the reasons you stated, then the cordell jude story would have blown up just like this one . but it didn't .. we know why

as for the difference in police response .. marley lion was EXECUTED ON CAMERA FOR FUN wtf lol .. that's what's with the difference in police response .. if gz had 'executed tm for fun', the response would have been the same .. that wasn't the case .. it was a self defense case that looked like self defense
Old 07-16-2013, 03:10 PM   #517
dude77

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
You want to cry about all the cases of white on white, black on black, white on black and black on white cases that aren't on the news? Get real. I don't see all the news outlets covering the Michael Dunn case or the lady who got 20 years for firing warning shots.

gtfoh .. for every 'michael dunn' case there's 10 black attacking white case .. seriously stfu .. and none of those black on white cases will get any air time .. two kids get kidnapped, tortured and set on fire to death .. no one knows about it .. some fat sp ic defends himself from some lowlife thug who's trying to kill him and the story goes international lol ..

i'm sure that dunn case will be on cnn daily in no time
Old 07-16-2013, 06:59 PM   #518
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by andremiller07
lol @ all the tweets saying they going to get Zimmermen pretty sure the guy is a master of self defense I wouldn't be messing with him. Shit he will even give you the first 3-4 hits and still comeback to win.

They're not going to find him. He has a costume to conceal his identity out in public:

Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:05 PM   #519
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
This Is pretty much my assessment as well. Pretty senseless and tragic. I have spoken with alot of colleagues.. District attorneys, defense lawyers and judges... They all agreed zimmerman was going to get off. Keep in mind that several of these friends are black as well, but regardless of how they think of the situation, we all know that there was no case

Eh, I heard plenty of lawyers who said there was a case. J. Cheney Mason said he thought there was a good shot at a manslaughter conviction, and he's an attorney with more than 40 years experience handling homicide cases in Florida.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:08 PM   #520
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
Look at the case of Roderick Scott. His self defense claim worked, when he shot and killed a white teenager who charged him. The white teenager didnt manage to lay a finger on him, but there was potential that he and his friends could have seriously hurt him if they got their hands on him. Scotts self defense claim worked without any damage happening to him.

And, TM couldn't say the exact same thing if he wasn't killed?
Old 07-16-2013, 07:21 PM   #521
NoGunzJustSkillz

jurors never even discussed race???
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 09:21 PM   #522
Raymone
The Chosen King

Two words.
Raymone is offline   Reply With Quote