Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-14-2013, 05:20 PM   #1
JerrySteakhouse
WE FIGHT! WE FIGHT!

JerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Looking for new basketball shoes

Anyone got some to recommend? I'd like something light on your feet...
JerrySteakhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 05:23 PM   #2
CeltsGarlic
Real quick

CeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Looking for new basketball shoes

yeah, me too. Would appreciate some recommendations. I was leaning towards 2nd ghosts.
CeltsGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:25 PM   #3
Shade8780
GOATin

Shade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The adidas Crazyquicks are a top 5 shoe this year, and yes, they're very light. Try them out.

Last edited by Shade8780 : 07-15-2013 at 04:37 PM.
Shade8780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:40 PM   #4
Shade8780
GOATin

Shade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Oh, and check out the Kobe 8s.
Shade8780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:47 PM   #5
macmac
Gov'n

macmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

http://m.youtube.com/watch?sns=fb&v=...blo%26sns%3Dfb
macmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:16 PM   #6
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

SilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Bitches love men that wear Sketchers and New Balance.
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:38 PM   #7
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade8780
The adidas Crazyquicks are a top 5 shoe this year, and yes, they're very light. Try them out.

I usually like the aesthetics of all adidas basketball shoes, but these are some of the most hideous I've ever seen.

For all I know, they are top-tier in terms of performance, but the sole looks odd with how bulky and wide it is. I guess it works in terms of its ankle support though.
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:47 PM   #8
TheReal Kendall
Love Live Life

TheReal Kendall posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryTheReal Kendall posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Try some Ektios

Very comfortable and I haven't had any problems
TheReal Kendall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:59 PM   #9
heavensdevil
Michael Lee

heavensdevil has an OK reputation so far

Nike Lebron X... crazy comfortable, adds bounce and looks quite nice as well.
heavensdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:33 PM   #10
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

lower tier nikes always work for me. Nike Lunar HyperGamer Low is my current shoe
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:34 PM   #11
StocktonFan
Banned

StocktonFan has an OK reputation so far

Why do people purchase new model nikes or whatever? It's not like shoes have really improved over the last 5 years...
StocktonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:46 PM   #12
KNOW1EDGE
AKA MUGGSY

KNOW1EDGE has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by StocktonFan
Why do people purchase new model nikes or whatever? It's not like shoes have really improved over the last 5 years...

They have though.

In a number of ways.

Lighter, more breathable, better traction, more responsive, sturdier etc etc

KD V's were the first shoe to have an 8mm zoom air unit when before we only had 6. LeBron X's also had an integrated zoom air unit molded with the max air unit in the heel. Kobe 8s were far more breathable than the Kobe 7s.

Shoes get better every year
KNOW1EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:51 PM   #13
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

20 dollar pair of bball shoes at Marshalls> any 100+ shoe
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:53 PM   #14
StocktonFan
Banned

StocktonFan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE
They have though.

In a number of ways.

Lighter, more breathable, better traction, more responsive, sturdier etc etc

KD V's were the first shoe to have an 8mm zoom air unit when before we only had 6. LeBron X's also had an integrated zoom air unit molded with the max air unit in the heel. Kobe 8s were far more breathable than the Kobe 7s.

Shoes get better every year

I mean all those specifics sound great and all, but how much of a difference does that really make?

I myself rarely play anymore so i'm usually rocking casuals or avia running shoes... i've been out of the loo since kobe was with adidas
StocktonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:57 PM   #15
KNOW1EDGE
AKA MUGGSY

KNOW1EDGE has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by StocktonFan
I mean all those specifics sound great and all, but how much of a difference does that really make?

I myself rarely play anymore so i'm usually rocking casuals or avia running shoes... i've been out of the loop.

True. I work for a sneaker retailer so I know a lot about the technical aspects of shoes. But in the end, its really up to whats most comfortable for you. And these technical specifics aren't really making an impact on your game, outside of comfort.

What does a 8mm zoom air unit do for you compared to a 4mm zoom? Prob not much. A shoe isn't going to make you run faster jump higher. But you can feel the difference between an 8mm zoom air unit compared to a 4mm.

And you can feel the difference between a shoe with a max air unit compared to a shoe that has no air unit and uses lunarlon foam instead.

Companies just put out a new shoe, make it seem great, that way they can get you to buy it. A lot of times they are improved, but not significantly enough to make me want to buy them if I already have a decent pair of hoop shoes.

When it comes to running shoes, there are MAJOR differences in a quality shoe vs a poor shoe, and your body can feel the difference and bad shoes can hurt your whole body
KNOW1EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: