Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-15-2013, 06:58 PM   #16
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

Default Re: Looking for new basketball shoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by StocktonFan
Why do people purchase new model nikes or whatever? It's not like shoes have really improved over the last 5 years...

If they like Nikes, what else are they going to buy? Used models of older shoes? Deadstocked shoes from years ago that are starting to have sole separation?

Technology in shoes continues to improve. Hyperfuse and Flywire are two specific names when it comes to the increased sturdiness KNOW1EDGE mentioned. They are extremely light and keep the ankles in place within the shoe much better than older models. It doesn't just "sound great and all", it actually has increased performance value and protection you can feel.
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:00 PM   #17
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

I prefer low-tops, and currently use both the Kobe VI's and CP3 VI's. My next shoe will probably be the KD VI's.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 04:23 AM   #18
dr.hee
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
I prefer low-tops, and currently use both the Kobe VI's and CP3 VI's. My next shoe will probably be the KD VI's.

I'd say if there are still Kobe VI's available somewhere for a reduced price, they are great value for the money. Doesn't get much better in terms of fit and comfort imo. They aren't that great for outdoor play though, lose traction rather quickly.
dr.hee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:32 AM   #19
Thorpesaurous
NBA lottery pick

I like my shoes lightweight, and really liked last years Adizero stuff, the Derrick Rose shoe.

Of course I eventually blew out my achilles while playing with it on, but to be fair the shoe really had nothing to do with it.
Thorpesaurous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:42 PM   #20
hateraid
Is it in you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
I like my shoes lightweight, and really liked last years Adizero stuff, the Derrick Rose shoe.

Of course I eventually blew out my achilles while playing with it on, but to be fair the shoe really had nothing to do with it.

I second this about Adidas. As a long time Jordan guy I've found the adizero line to be the best in terms of quality/weight vs price. Probably the best shoe that I've ever played in. But my input might be skewed in the fact that playing in retroes for so long I never experienced the evolution of shoe technology. Even the low end adizeros to me outperform any other brand
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:56 PM   #21
WayOfWade
Returning AUG 2015

Dem' Concords
WayOfWade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 04:57 PM   #22
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
But my input might be skewed in the fact that playing in retroes for so long I never experienced the evolution of shoe technology.

Which retroes did you play in? The 6's, 7's and 8's all have cardboard underneath the insole separating it from the air unit.
Old 07-16-2013, 04:57 PM   #23
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayOfWade
Dem' Concords

Iverson at Georgetown grail status.
Old 07-16-2013, 05:13 PM   #24
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Quote:
I second this about Adidas. As a long time Jordan guy I've found the adizero line to be the best in terms of quality/weight vs price. Probably the best shoe that I've ever played in. But my input might be skewed in the fact that playing in retroes for so long I never experienced the evolution of shoe technology. Even the low end adizeros to me outperform any other brand

I agree. I have a pair a low Rose 2.5s and they are amazing. Slim along the middle of the foot but wide around the toe. Probably the best fitting pair of shoes I have ever had. I'll prob get a pair of 3.5s after his new pair are released and prices drop.

I really prefer low tops now. I never wore them until recently but I love the freedom of motion they give. I've never had anything more than minor ankle sprains tho so I don't worry much about support.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 05:28 PM   #25
Ron Jeremy
I airball my layups

Ron Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 06:45 PM   #26
Levity
Dale, you giblet head!

if you like mids, the lebron solider zoom 6's are on sale on eastbay for like 80-90

honestly, i dont like lebron shoes all that much, but these shoes are GREAT for ballin
Levity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:51 PM   #27
Clifton
talk less, say more

I got a pair of Black/Blue Adidas T-Macs a couple weeks ago at FinishLine. $65. Nobody was happier that day than I.

My advice would be to get those classics.

They take forever to break in, though. And they're kinda heavy.
Clifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 11:07 AM   #28
hateraid
Is it in you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
Which retroes did you play in? The 6's, 7's and 8's all have cardboard underneath the insole separating it from the air unit.

I didn't really pick up my first pair of J's until the XV first dropped. But they weren't even my first pair of J's. My very first pair of J's were the Jordan Lite OG's

Back then it was first all about Reebok. Being in Philly you had to have the Questions and then follow with all the Answers. Also this is when And 1 became big and we had a local kid Aaron Owens representin', so we all rocked the Tai Chis. I also had a huge collection of slip ons from that line. When I started getting into J's on the regular the pairs I rocked on the court were:

III's (my fave by far)
XI (Cool Greys and Fire Red lows)
Pure

XVIII
XIII

After the XVI I never got into any newer models because I was hooked on the retros.
So it's been a long time since I've experienced new kicks. Up until I got my Derrick rose adizero 2 I wore either my XIII lows or my retro Questions
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:35 PM   #29
chosen_one6
Earned not given

I just bought some Hyperdunk's for ankle support on Eastbay. What do you guys think about those shoes?
chosen_one6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:26 PM   #30
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

Quote:
III's (my fave by far)
XI (Cool Greys and Fire Red lows)

I respect how you are able to treat these shoes the way they are intended to be treated, as shoes. Whenever I get my hands on a III or XI, I treat them with extreme care and wear them no more than twice a week. And, neither would ever see a basketball court. They each have features about them that deserve attention if you're like me and want to keep them looking new for as long as possible (midsole paint cracking on the III and icy sole yellowing on the XI).

I remember you said you sold some Space Jam XI's to a hipster kid on a skateboard. How much did you get for them and what was the condition of the icy soles?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: