Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-14-2013, 07:44 PM   #1
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One is considered somewhat coolTarik One is considered somewhat cool
Default Do you drink water at room temperature?

All my life until recently I absolutely had to have drinking water cold, to the point where if I was very thirsty and there was no cold water or ice handy, I'd wait for the water to chill in the fridge or ice to freeze. Why are people so programmed? Now it doesn't even matter. I'll guzzle a pitcher with my supper.

Do I prefer cold water? Of course, but it's not that big of a deal.

Last edited by Tarik One : 07-14-2013 at 08:10 PM.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:48 PM   #2
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Do you drink water warm?

I drink a lot of room temperature water. Is that what you mean by "warm"? I can't recall ever heating up water to drink though that is good for your innards.
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:49 PM   #3
Bugz
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Bugz has an OK reputation so far

I dont think its about being programmed dude...

Cold water IS more refreshing... anything cold is more refreshing lol...
Bugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:49 PM   #4
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
The First School

kuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugz

This.
kuniva_dAMiGhTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:53 PM   #5
Bandito
Banned

Bandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I prefer water to be room temperature,or do you mean to heat water?
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:56 PM   #6
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

My mom can't drink cold water i keep telling her to get that checked out so she only drinks warm water.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 08:08 PM   #7
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One is considered somewhat coolTarik One is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugz

My point was that warm/room temperature water wasn't even a consideration. That's what I meant by 'programmed'
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 11:38 PM   #8
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

room temperature fluids / food... that's the healthiest way to drink / eat in the absence of pathogen considerations.

the more you cool or heat substances, the more work your body has to do bringing it to the mean body temp... and therefore the more system shock and system energy expended. through your stomach, specifically.

obviously that's not the only reason to consume chilled / warmed, but it has an effect. if you're sick, the effect can become magnified IME.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 11:56 PM   #9
AintNoSunshine
Decent college freshman

AintNoSunshine is starting to rub some people the wrong way

chinese ppl especially those who's always been living in china, always have the concept warm(as in heated) water is healthier than cold/iced water, better for the stomach? i never bought that but still wonder if that hoolds any truth? in americca noone drinks hot water but theyre just fine
AintNoSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:00 AM   #10
Patrick Chewing
Knicks fan since 1981

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

More bacteria in warm water
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:49 AM   #11
SpecialQue
NBA Superstar

SpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

No.
SpecialQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:58 AM   #12
flipogb
College superstar

flipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected poster

only if im thirsty and have nothing else
flipogb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:43 AM   #13
tpols
5-time NBA All-Star

tpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this board

Back in elementary school with the really old water fountains that only had luke warm water. Since then though no
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:01 AM   #14
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I drink room temperature water.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:19 AM   #15
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I sometimes drink hot water. Like tea or coffee.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: