Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 07-15-2013, 12:10 AM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Metta World Peace interested in joining Knicks

Metta World Peace wants to play for the New York Knicks, according to a person close to the veteran small forward.

World Peace cleared waivers late Sunday afternoon, making him an unrestricted free agent. A source told ESPN.com's Brian Windhorst that the Knicks, who can offer him part of their taxpayer mid-level exception [roughly $1.7 million], already have reached out to the former Los Angeles Laker.

-- ESPN.com
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:20 AM   #2
percelloveknicks
Straight Hardcore

percelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this board
Default Re: Metta World Peace interested in joining Knicks

I dont think he is a good fit for the Knicks, he is just another erratic shooting old dude.
percelloveknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:12 PM   #3
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA 1 minute ago

Metta World Peace has reached an agreement in principle on a two-year deal with the New York Knicks, league source tells Y! Sports.

helps our bench or starting lineup defensively
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:52 PM   #4
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

MWP is a Knick. I'm cool with the signing...but once again where's Grunwald's negotiation skills?

So you mean to tell me you couldn't get an amnestied player to sign a vet min deal. 400K cost you a 1.7 million dollar player. Whatever. Welcome to the Knicks. Queensbridge! Change your name back to Ron now.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:18 PM   #5
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
MWP is a Knick. I'm cool with the signing...but once again where's Grunwald's negotiation skills?

So you mean to tell me you couldn't get an amnestied player to sign a vet min deal. 400K cost you a 1.7 million dollar player. Whatever. Welcome to the Knicks. Queensbridge! Change your name back to Ron now.

Now will you finally believe folks aint coming for free, you gotta overpay.

This dude wants to be here, and we had to cover his taxes just to get him to sign.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:47 PM   #6
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

why would martin come back when we give mvp the larger sum of money we had left over to a guy already getting paid 7.8 from the lakers and martin settle for 1.4 now?
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:24 PM   #7
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
why would martin come back when we give mvp the larger sum of money we had left over to a guy already getting paid 7.8 from the lakers and martin settle for 1.4 now?
K-Mart can sign for the non bird exception which will provide him 120% of his previous salary.

It brings him up to exactly 1.7 mil....so no need to use it on him.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:46 PM   #8
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

The Knicks started their free-agency process searching for an upgrade at small forward -- one who could possibly start alongside Carmelo Anthony when Melo plays the 4. When the Knicks heard World Peace would be amnestied by the Lakers, they wanted to make him the priority, a player source said. And they got their man -- a 14-year veteran and NBA champion in 2010 with the Lakers.

-- ESPN NY
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:50 PM   #9
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

At least the Knicks got a brute.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:12 PM   #10
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Now will you finally believe folks aint coming for free, you gotta overpay.

This dude wants to be here, and we had to cover his taxes just to get him to sign.

No I don't believe that whatsoever. This merely convinced me Grunwald doesn't know what he's doing. Metta World Peace was amnestied for a reason. I'm not treating him like a priority. Grunwald is simply an idiot and this signing did not convince me otherwise. He has absolutely no negotiating skills. He simply signs flashy names and overpays for fan favorites. The man said himself he overpaid for Steve Novak and Marcus Camby. Every guy he's overpaid for were players where it really wouldn't have been the end of the world if we missed out on them.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:53 PM   #11
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
No I don't believe that whatsoever. This merely convinced me Grunwald doesn't know what he's doing. Metta World Peace was amnestied for a reason. I'm not treating him like a priority. Grunwald is simply an idiot and this signing did not convince me otherwise. He has absolutely no negotiating skills. He simply signs flashy names and overpays for fan favorites. The man said himself he overpaid for Steve Novak and Marcus Camby. Every guy he's overpaid for were players where it really wouldn't have been the end of the world if we missed out on them.
I dont think in the last 20 years the Knicks have ever gotten a player worth more on discount.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:50 PM   #12
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Metta World Peace isn't Ron Artest. Like I said, I didn't mind the acquisition at all. I just think Grunwald has very little savvy when it comes to negotiation.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:42 AM   #13
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Did Ron Ron get the Mini-MLE or vet minimum?

I cant think of one FA the Knicks ever signed that wasnt overpaid. This could be the first.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:00 PM   #14
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Did Ron Ron get the Mini-MLE or vet minimum?

I cant think of one FA the Knicks ever signed that wasnt overpaid. This could be the first.

Mini mid. I don't think he's overpaid from a price standpoint. I think Grunwald overpaid because he could have signed him to a vet min deal for about 300K less and been able to use the mini mid on a younger player whose min deal is significantly less do to the scale.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:45 PM   #15
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Mini mid. I don't think he's overpaid from a price standpoint. I think Grunwald overpaid because he could have signed him to a vet min deal for about 300K less and been able to use the mini mid on a younger player whose min deal is significantly less do to the scale.
You are assuming that wasnt the first option.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: