Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2013, 10:17 PM   #18586
ballup
13.37 PER
 
ballup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 13,409
Default Re: BTE: Biggest Thread Ever!!! LVI

No point in discussing the terrible use of a fact.
ballup is offline  
Old 09-25-2013, 10:17 PM   #18587
Legends66NBA7
.
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 23,658
Default Re: BTE: Biggest Thread Ever!!! LVI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Angel
I'll suck Howard's dick as long as I'm right.

Don't you have any criticisms of Howard ?
Legends66NBA7 is offline  
Old 09-25-2013, 10:17 PM   #18588
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!
 
ProfessorMurder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: In the year 2525
Posts: 30,717
Default Re: BTE: Biggest Thread Ever!!! LVI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Angel
I'll suck Howard's dick as long as I'm right.

You're just doing it because he's on your team. If you really liked the guy you'd have been defending him for years instead of propping up Yao.

Dude is overrated and you're going to start bitching about him as soon as the season starts.
ProfessorMurder is offline  
Old 09-25-2013, 10:17 PM   #18589
Killbot
Banned
 
Killbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bombing Organisms Timelessly
Posts: 22,856
Default Re: BTE: Biggest Thread Ever!!! LVI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Angel
I agree. This thread was dead until 2 days ago. I'm giving you context.



Of course, but I wanted posters to post a shit ton for at least a day. I chose that day because we were close to 20K. Why do you think more posters were present that day and why do you think the thread had an increase of 650 more posts than the usual rate?



Horrible comparison. I have a better one. What happened yesterday is like a washed up Bird having a 30-15 night because he played against his arch rival. I was that archrival, the BTE is Bird/Byrd. I don't know how to spell it.



Nope. What I did was necessary and that was the only way this thread could explode like it did that day. Just look at it right now. The posts aren't increasing like they were two days ago. You say one thing but facts say another. You say I slowed down the BTE but facts say it had one of the greatest BTE nights in a very long time. Was it stupid? Maybe, but that's up to interpretation. Different discussion.



When I claimed you and Boogie were cheating. Yeah, that was like a year ago? That's exactly my point. The BTE been dead since I came back. Don't blame me for trying to bring the BTE back to life. Like I said, I did it with the interest of the BTE at heart.



So you admit the 900 posts don't happen if I don't delete mines but it was still a worthless endeavor? "YGS thanks for contributing over 900 posts but you could have done more!" I think you understand what I did. I did it out of love for the BTE. It was probably stupid, but it worked. All I did was.......care.

Thread averaging over 200 posts per day does not equal dead. If you think this, then the entire OTC is dead.

More posters were present because it was at night. There's no work or school. Plus I already said the main reason for the explosion was because of your controversial method. That doesn't make you right in thinking deleting your posts is the best way to make BTE bigger.


How is that a horrible comparison? You are comparing a 1 day posting average with a 2 month posting average. I could just narrow it down to any player who averaged 20 ppg during 2 month span and it will be exactly related to what's happening in the BTE.

It wasn't necessary. BTE can explode any moment and you could have contributed to the explosion (deleting does not equal contributing). You slowed it down by deleting. It doesn't matter if more posters posted. You still SLOWED the progress down, even if more posters are posting. Math is still math. Deletion = -1 post.

There could have been other moments where BTE had many posts, but I wasn't here to witness them so I don't know about it. I don't measure how many posts were posted each day, so I don't exactly know what topic brings BTE to 900 posts. I just thought of the one off the top of my head and it is the most memorable.

Kobe Jnr and ZeN both don't or hardly post here anymore. That contributes to the lack of BTE's rate because we don't have as much young blood that is willing to carry the BTE.

Yes. 900 probably don't happen if you don't delete, but we would already be around the same area with or without deletion.

If you cared about the BTE, you don't compromise it's size.
Killbot is offline  
Old 09-25-2013, 10:22 PM   #18590
Knicks101
Hustle Loyalty Respect
 
Knicks101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: CENATION
Posts: 41,611
Default Re: BTE: Biggest Thread Ever!!! LVI

Can we all just put * on ignore and pretend he doesn't exist?
Knicks101 is offline  
Old 09-25-2013, 10:22 PM   #18591
Rose
good scorer
 
Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Swimming with goldfish
Posts: 39,332
Default Re: BTE: Biggest Thread Ever!!! LVI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
Are you caught up with it all? I've heard really good things. The dialogue was refreshing and humorous but it didn't have me laughing. In your opinion, does it get funnier once you know the world a bit more?
I started season 2 but I completely stopped watching it, because I forgot about it. The dialogue gets better yeah, and the episodes get stronger throughout the series (that I've watched) but I would say if you haven't laughed yet you probably won't. Most people say that either the second or the third is the funniest episode of the first season. (I prefer the third myself). If you haven't laughed at that point you won't at all.

I've heard season 2 is even better, and that even people who didn't like season 1 like season 2. But I watched maybe 2 episodes so I can't verify that. I mean we have different comedic tastes anyways, but yeah that's my opinion.
Rose is offline  
Old 09-25-2013, 10:23 PM   #18592
Rose
good scorer
 
Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Swimming with goldfish
Posts: 39,332
Default Re: BTE: Biggest Thread Ever!!! LVI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicks101
Can we all just put * on ignore and pretend he doesn't exist?
Rose is offline  
Old 09-25-2013, 10:23 PM   #18593
Bcogswell
Raptors > You.
 
Bcogswell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 9,947
Default Re: BTE: Biggest Thread Ever!!! LVI

I need to start posting more, I feel like I've been slacking.
Bcogswell is offline  
Old 09-25-2013, 10:24 PM   #18594
Bcogswell
Raptors > You.
 
Bcogswell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 9,947
Default Re: BTE: Biggest Thread Ever!!! LVI

I feel like I should have hit 10k already.
Bcogswell is offline  
Old 09-25-2013, 10:25 PM   #18595
Killbot
Banned
 
Killbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bombing Organisms Timelessly
Posts: 22,856
Default Re: BTE: Biggest Thread Ever!!! LVI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Angel
SMH Career 18 PPG and extremely efficient. Where's he at like 60%? If that's not having a good offensive game I don't know what is. The Howard hate is strong in this one.

Extremely efficient is good. Having only dunking moves as your main offensive arsenal is bad.

Luckily he is being taught by both Mchale and Olajuwon.
Killbot is offline  
Old 09-25-2013, 10:26 PM   #18596
Killbot
Banned
 
Killbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bombing Organisms Timelessly
Posts: 22,856
Default Re: BTE: Biggest Thread Ever!!! LVI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballup
So for the greater good of a village, you must burn a few houses so that the villagers are forced to build more houses more quickly than before in order to reach their original goal. Flawless logic! Definitely faster than just leaving the buildings alone and help build new ones.

That's much better than the way I put it.
Killbot is offline  
Old 09-25-2013, 10:27 PM   #18597
ZeN
Stormblessed
 
ZeN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Roshar
Posts: 25,478
Default Re: BTE: Biggest Thread Ever!!! LVI

Yo killbot how many post do I have total in all BTEs?
ZeN is offline  
Old 09-25-2013, 10:29 PM   #18598
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!
 
ProfessorMurder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: In the year 2525
Posts: 30,717
Default Re: BTE: Biggest Thread Ever!!! LVI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
I started season 2 but I completely stopped watching it, because I forgot about it. The dialogue gets better yeah, and the episodes get stronger throughout the series (that I've watched) but I would say if you haven't laughed yet you probably won't. Most people say that either the second or the third is the funniest episode of the first season. (I prefer the third myself). If you haven't laughed at that point you won't at all.

I've heard season 2 is even better, and that even people who didn't like season 1 like season 2. But I watched maybe 2 episodes so I can't verify that. I mean we have different comedic tastes anyways, but yeah that's my opinion.

I mean I chuckled 3 or 4 times, just didn't flat out lose it (which is rare anyway). It was definitely good enough to keep me interested and want to watch more. Matt Walsh is one of my favorite comedic actors as well.

The only people I've heard talk about it are other comedians on podcasts, but you know, it's hard to take an insider opinion at face value... But they say it's one of the best written shows and praise the amount of work that goes into it. I'm definitely going to just shotgun these since there's only 20.
ProfessorMurder is offline  
Old 09-25-2013, 10:32 PM   #18599
ballup
13.37 PER
 
ballup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 13,409
Default Re: BTE: Biggest Thread Ever!!! LVI

Getting to 20k posts by 7:30 PM > getting to 20k post by 10:30 PM of the same night.
ballup is offline  
Old 09-25-2013, 10:35 PM   #18600
ZeN
Stormblessed
 
ZeN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Roshar
Posts: 25,478
Default Re: BTE: Biggest Thread Ever!!! LVI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballup
Getting to 20k posts by 7:30 PM > getting to 20k post by 10:30 PM of the same night.
???
ZeN is offline  
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:05 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy