Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 10:22 PM   #18586
Rose
good scorer

Default Re: BTE: Biggest Thread Ever!!! LVI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
Are you caught up with it all? I've heard really good things. The dialogue was refreshing and humorous but it didn't have me laughing. In your opinion, does it get funnier once you know the world a bit more?
I started season 2 but I completely stopped watching it, because I forgot about it. The dialogue gets better yeah, and the episodes get stronger throughout the series (that I've watched) but I would say if you haven't laughed yet you probably won't. Most people say that either the second or the third is the funniest episode of the first season. (I prefer the third myself). If you haven't laughed at that point you won't at all.

I've heard season 2 is even better, and that even people who didn't like season 1 like season 2. But I watched maybe 2 episodes so I can't verify that. I mean we have different comedic tastes anyways, but yeah that's my opinion.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:23 PM   #18587
Rose
good scorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicks101
Can we all just put * on ignore and pretend he doesn't exist?
Old 09-25-2013, 10:23 PM   #18588
Bcogswell
Raptors > You.

I need to start posting more, I feel like I've been slacking.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:24 PM   #18589
Bcogswell
Raptors > You.

I feel like I should have hit 10k already.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:25 PM   #18590
Killbot
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Angel
SMH Career 18 PPG and extremely efficient. Where's he at like 60%? If that's not having a good offensive game I don't know what is. The Howard hate is strong in this one.

Extremely efficient is good. Having only dunking moves as your main offensive arsenal is bad.

Luckily he is being taught by both Mchale and Olajuwon.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:26 PM   #18591
Killbot
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballup
So for the greater good of a village, you must burn a few houses so that the villagers are forced to build more houses more quickly than before in order to reach their original goal. Flawless logic! Definitely faster than just leaving the buildings alone and help build new ones.

That's much better than the way I put it.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:27 PM   #18592
ZeN
Stormblessed

Yo killbot how many post do I have total in all BTEs?
Old 09-25-2013, 10:29 PM   #18593
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
I started season 2 but I completely stopped watching it, because I forgot about it. The dialogue gets better yeah, and the episodes get stronger throughout the series (that I've watched) but I would say if you haven't laughed yet you probably won't. Most people say that either the second or the third is the funniest episode of the first season. (I prefer the third myself). If you haven't laughed at that point you won't at all.

I've heard season 2 is even better, and that even people who didn't like season 1 like season 2. But I watched maybe 2 episodes so I can't verify that. I mean we have different comedic tastes anyways, but yeah that's my opinion.

I mean I chuckled 3 or 4 times, just didn't flat out lose it (which is rare anyway). It was definitely good enough to keep me interested and want to watch more. Matt Walsh is one of my favorite comedic actors as well.

The only people I've heard talk about it are other comedians on podcasts, but you know, it's hard to take an insider opinion at face value... But they say it's one of the best written shows and praise the amount of work that goes into it. I'm definitely going to just shotgun these since there's only 20.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:32 PM   #18594
ballup
13.37 PER

Getting to 20k posts by 7:30 PM > getting to 20k post by 10:30 PM of the same night.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:35 PM   #18595
ZeN
Stormblessed

Quote:
Getting to 20k posts by 7:30 PM > getting to 20k post by 10:30 PM of the same night.
???
Old 09-25-2013, 10:35 PM   #18596
Rose
good scorer

Quote:
NUH UH.

Getting to 20.5K at a faster rate totally makes it worth it!!! Even though it could have gotten locked by that point!
Old 09-25-2013, 10:36 PM   #18597
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Angel
I already admitted I started caring for Howard because he's a Rocket player now. That's a bad thing? Woud you rather me act like LeBron23 and follow a specific player around? If Howard leaves Houston I don't care for him but he's a Rockets player so I do. And Yao was better than him when healthy. How is Howard overrated? You realize he led his team to the finals right? Dude's been a DPOY how many times now? Dude averaged 17 and 12 and fans are saying he had a disappointing season.

You blindly supporting a guy just because he's on your team isn't a good thing. You don't think it's a little odd that you're going to spend time posting about him, analyzing him, and praising him, only to have him leave and then not care?

You liking Howard now is no different than if Kobe went to the Celtics and I started saying how great he is.

He led his team to the finals because KG's knee exploded and LeBron is a bitch. DPOY? Really? You're going to act like that's a tough award now? LeBron is almost getting DPOY awards.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:36 PM   #18598
Rose
good scorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
???
YGS was a bitch boy and deleted posts last night because Brujesino BTE beat his own.

And then it got to 20K

So YGS had to delete all 500+ of his posts, and doesn't understand why people are mad at him about it.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:37 PM   #18599
Rose
good scorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
You blindly supporting a guy just because he's on your team isn't a good thing. You don't think it's a little odd that you're going to spend time posting about him, analyzing him, and praising him, only to have him leave and then not care?

You liking Howard now is no different than if Kobe went to the Celtics and I started saying how great he is.

He led his team to the finals because KG's knee exploded and LeBron is a bitch. DPOY? Really? You're going to act like that's a tough award now? LeBron is almost getting DPOY awards.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:37 PM   #18600
Knicks101
Hustle Loyalty Respect

Why aren't we ignoring YGS again?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread