Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2013, 12:16 AM   #11836
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: In the year 2525
Posts: 30,432
Default Re: BTE: Biggest Thread Ever!!! LVI

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeltsGarlic
Oh. My bad. Cool.

Yeah, I messed up my knee badly when I was 14... Issues with coaches at my school. Then I messed up the same knee again when I was 19.
ProfessorMurder is offline  
Old 09-08-2013, 12:25 AM   #11837
CeltsGarlic
Gesaffelstain Fan
 
CeltsGarlic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: dungeons of rap
Posts: 7,704
Default Re: BTE: Biggest Thread Ever!!! LVI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
Yeah, I messed up my knee badly when I was 14... Issues with coaches at my school. Then I messed up the same knee again when I was 19.

Yeah, I knew about problems with your knee. But with a coach... damn man. Unless he was an idiot and a loser its your fault.
CeltsGarlic is offline  
Old 09-08-2013, 12:40 AM   #11838
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: In the year 2525
Posts: 30,432
Default Re: BTE: Biggest Thread Ever!!! LVI

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeltsGarlic
Yeah, I knew about problems with your knee. But with a coach... damn man. Unless he was an idiot and a loser its your fault.

It was all politics and nepotism. I moved from Indiana to Maine when I was a kid, so I had no family in the area. The school I went to had a lot of 'tradition', so they rewarded kids because their dads played there. The coaches immediately shit on me, stuck me on the end of the bench and forgot about me.

They hated me because I had long hair. They told me to cut it, and I said, "It's not in the rulebook that I have to have short hair."

They wanted me to buy overpriced team shoes, but it wasn't in the rulebook.

The three coaches cornered me in the hallway and tried to intimidate me.

I made about 30 straight shots in pregame and then didn't get 1 second of playing time.

Every scrimmage we had, the team I played for won.

One game I was put in when we were down by 20 and brought the team back to win. In that game I was the second highest scorer on the team and I got about 7 minutes of playing time. They continued not playing me.

I wanted to quit and transfer to a couple of other schools that wanted me to play, but that would've been a hassle... So I got fed up with it and started talking shit back at them. At different times I almost got into a fight with a coach, a teammate, an opposing player.

The head coach was also legitimately racist. He made the only black kid on the team take drug tests.
ProfessorMurder is offline  
Old 09-08-2013, 12:45 AM   #11839
CeltsGarlic
Gesaffelstain Fan
 
CeltsGarlic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: dungeons of rap
Posts: 7,704
Default Re: BTE: Biggest Thread Ever!!! LVI

Wow, Prof., you went through a lot of shit.. For long hair? Really? Thats so absurd.. what a fvcking idiot.. Man, sorry for doubting, I was backing up coaches cause they deal through a lot of "i know better teens" but man this guy was a fvcking asshole at least. You did the right thing.

I dont know your situation back then, but switching schools might have been a good idea.. But a tough one.


Imagine going back at that school while playing for a different one, and scoring 50 on 'em.. That would be awesome.
CeltsGarlic is offline  
Old 09-08-2013, 12:55 AM   #11840
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: In the year 2525
Posts: 30,432
Default Re: BTE: Biggest Thread Ever!!! LVI

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeltsGarlic
Wow, Prof., you went through a lot of shit.. For long hair? Really? Thats so absurd.. what a fvcking idiot.. Man, sorry for doubting, I was backing up coaches cause they deal through a lot of "i know better teens" but man this guy was a fvcking asshole at least. You did the right thing.

I dont know your situation back then, but switching schools might have been a good idea.. But a tough one.


Imagine going back at that school while playing for a different one, and scoring 50 on 'em.. That would be awesome.

Oh yeah, also I think they wanted to keep me on the team to help with the team's grade point average. I was a straight A student and most of the others were close to failing multiple classes

That guy almost got fired over the drug test thing, because it's illegal to drug test students, and also because he racially profiled the kid.

In hindsight I kind of regret not switching schools, but I'd moved a few times as a kid and was sick of being the new kid. I figured I'd just quit playing and keep my friends. Plus one school was a 40 minute drive and the other was pretty close but didn't offer classes I wanted.

I did drop 48 in a rec league that year, and still shit on the teammates from high school at the YMCA when I played them after I gave up playing.

Ehh, whatever. It's not like I'd have gone pro or anything.

How's the competition at your college? Are you pretty much guaranteed a spot?
ProfessorMurder is offline  
Old 09-08-2013, 01:48 AM   #11841
The Macho Man
Randy Savage
 
The Macho Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Head Game Al Snow
Posts: 27,468
Default Re: BTE: Biggest Thread Ever!!! LVI

1st Happy 21st to TSK

2nd I'm in love again, guys <3
The Macho Man is offline  
Old 09-08-2013, 01:50 AM   #11842
The Macho Man
Randy Savage
 
The Macho Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Head Game Al Snow
Posts: 27,468
Default Re: BTE: Biggest Thread Ever!!! LVI

3rd Prof ballin his ass off. Go 'head Professor!
The Macho Man is offline  
Old 09-08-2013, 01:52 AM   #11843
CeltsGarlic
Gesaffelstain Fan
 
CeltsGarlic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: dungeons of rap
Posts: 7,704
Default Re: BTE: Biggest Thread Ever!!! LVI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
Oh yeah, also I think they wanted to keep me on the team to help with the team's grade point average. I was a straight A student and most of the others were close to failing multiple classes

That guy almost got fired over the drug test thing, because it's illegal to drug test students, and also because he racially profiled the kid.

In hindsight I kind of regret not switching schools, but I'd moved a few times as a kid and was sick of being the new kid. I figured I'd just quit playing and keep my friends. Plus one school was a 40 minute drive and the other was pretty close but didn't offer classes I wanted.

I did drop 48 in a rec league that year, and still shit on the teammates from high school at the YMCA when I played them after I gave up playing.

Ehh, whatever. It's not like I'd have gone pro or anything.

How's the competition at your college? Are you pretty much guaranteed a spot?


Oh yeah, lol, we have like 300 students only , compared to other universities were where are at least 10k .Its like business school, so there are not many ballers, so I expect to be the starting 5, and play as a PG or SG.
CeltsGarlic is offline  
Old 09-08-2013, 01:55 AM   #11844
The Macho Man
Randy Savage
 
The Macho Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Head Game Al Snow
Posts: 27,468
Default Re: BTE: Biggest Thread Ever!!! LVI

If Linas and Prof played 1 on 1, would Linas score?
The Macho Man is offline  
Old 09-08-2013, 01:57 AM   #11845
CeltsGarlic
Gesaffelstain Fan
 
CeltsGarlic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: dungeons of rap
Posts: 7,704
Default Re: BTE: Biggest Thread Ever!!! LVI

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
If Linas and Prof played 1 on 1, would Linas score?

If we played "who scores with machos mom"


no.
CeltsGarlic is offline  
Old 09-08-2013, 01:58 AM   #11846
The Macho Man
Randy Savage
 
The Macho Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Head Game Al Snow
Posts: 27,468
Default Re: BTE: Biggest Thread Ever!!! LVI

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeltsGarlic
If we played "who scores with machos mom"


no.

My mom is like 65 bruh
The Macho Man is offline  
Old 09-08-2013, 02:00 AM   #11847
CeltsGarlic
Gesaffelstain Fan
 
CeltsGarlic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: dungeons of rap
Posts: 7,704
Default Re: BTE: Biggest Thread Ever!!! LVI

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
My mom is like 65 bruh

thats why I said no.
out of respect.
CeltsGarlic is offline  
Old 09-08-2013, 02:02 AM   #11848
Al Thornton
no sana no life
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: free wop
Posts: 22,118
Default Re: BTE: Biggest Thread Ever!!! LVI

can we go a few days without speaking to the eurotrash, this is getting out of hand
Al Thornton is offline  
Old 09-08-2013, 02:05 AM   #11849
Maniak
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 25,930
Default Re: BTE: Biggest Thread Ever!!! LVI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton
can we go a few days without speaking to the eurotrash, this is getting out of hand
!!!!
Maniak is offline  
Old 09-08-2013, 02:05 AM   #11850
CeltsGarlic
Gesaffelstain Fan
 
CeltsGarlic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: dungeons of rap
Posts: 7,704
Default Re: BTE: Biggest Thread Ever!!! LVI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton
can we go a few days without speaking to the eurotrash, this is getting out of hand

Dude, you probably cry because of me at night
What a fvcking loser of person. Its not my fault you suck at everything.
CeltsGarlic is offline  
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:32 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy