Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 03-05-2013, 09:38 AM   #1
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here
Default MLB13: The Show

Released today. About to go pick it up. Anyone else?

I skipped last year's but got all the years before that.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:04 AM   #2
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: MLB13: The Show

I'm gonna have to get it since my boy Cutch is on the cover. Plus, I'm sick of playing the 2K games on Xbox since The Show is far better.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:03 PM   #3
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster

Just picked it up. Haven't played since '10 (which was worth .33 in a trade in ).
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:04 PM   #4
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yeah I picked it up today. So far I've only played a little bit cause I had to work all day, but as usual it's very fun and very good on first impression.
irondarts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:46 AM   #5
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster

I made a RF in RTTS. I'm on the Dodgers AA team. Through 6 games I'm leading the league in .ba, hits, doubles, slugging and ops but still hitting 7th in the lineup . The last one I played was '10 but man the fielding is rough. I can't tell where the hell the fly balls are going when they're anywhere but right at me. Shit is rough.
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:22 AM   #6
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

One thing I've noticed, the player ratings are kind of weird. There are a lot of 99 rated players in the game, and a lot of players have way higher ratings than they should.
Old 03-08-2013, 04:02 AM   #7
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

Might get it this weekend, thoughts?
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:21 AM   #8
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Is this something that could appeal to someone who knows nothing about Baseball? Is there anything in the game similar to 2K13's My Career mode?
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:49 AM   #9
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukballer
Is this something that could appeal to someone who knows nothing about Baseball? Is there anything in the game similar to 2K13's My Career mode?
No, the core gameplay is too hard for a non baseball fan. You'd be bored.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:45 PM   #10
scott0326
National High School Star

scott0326 has decent reputationscott0326 has decent reputation

I really wish I had a PS3 sometimes. I want to play a baseball game but I'm not buying another shitty ass 2k baseball game.
scott0326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:52 PM   #11
Wally450
A Paul Heyman Guy

Wally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott0326
I really wish I had a PS3 sometimes. I want to play a baseball game but I'm not buying another shitty ass 2k baseball game.

This x1000
Wally450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:08 AM   #12
irondarts

For some reason, I don't really like this year's version. There's just something about it that isn't very fun for me.

For one, the Franchise sim mode is really unrealistic. It's all offense, routine scores of 17-2, 20-6, etc. It's just not realistic. I'm sure when baseball season starts I'll get into it more. But for right now, it's not doing much for me.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:38 PM   #13
kNicKz
College superstar

kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster

This game is hard as hell.

I just got it
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:49 AM   #14
irondarts

I haven't really spent a lot of time playing this game. It's not like the game is bad, in fact it's pretty fun. However it's just not very interesting to me this year. Maybe I'm just getting sick of video games in general.
Old 07-26-2013, 04:16 PM   #15
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
I haven't really spent a lot of time playing this game. It's not like the game is bad, in fact it's pretty fun. However it's just not very interesting to me this year. Maybe I'm just getting sick of video games in general.
I've been the same way with The Show this summer for some reason. I got it a couple of weeks after it came out, and burned through about 50 games of a Braves dynasty (some simmed games) in the first few weeks I had it. I don't know what is, but I haven't really felt like playing it much since then. I've played a few games here-and-there, but I just didn't get into it nearly as much as year's past. Thing is, it's still an awesome and really fun game.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: