Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-17-2013, 08:28 PM   #16
travelingman
Rules #2 dont give fk*

travelingman is popular on this boardtravelingman is popular on this boardtravelingman is popular on this boardtravelingman is popular on this boardtravelingman is popular on this board
Default Re: Do you call out "SHORT!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
lol semi-related:

I always wondered how the NBA commish would act if a player were to legally molest other players on the court, like caressing their balls, fingering, etc. while D'ing them up.

see Norris Cole
travelingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:49 PM   #17
MadeFromDust
i take yo azz 2da hole

MadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this board

I usually call out "Off" or "Brick" or "He got nothing" or "Board" and also "Short" just to psych chumps out whenever possible lol

And clapping too when closing in on a shooter yeah all that

Last edited by MadeFromDust : 07-17-2013 at 08:52 PM.
MadeFromDust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:55 PM   #18
MadeFromDust
i take yo azz 2da hole

MadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this board

When I'm shooting? "All day", "Yo face", "Bank, Dawg", "Swish", "Buckets", "Money", "Dolla Billz Yall", "You got nothing", etc. haha
MadeFromDust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:32 PM   #19
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!

Quizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
Hell I clap and yell something stupid at them to see if it will throw them off.

Nothing wrong with that.

I some times poke people in the stomach also(people here would actually call foul too. Talking bout it affects their shot.). I get that from back home though.
lol if someone did that to me i'd give them one warning and if they did it one more time i'm playing dirty as **** and fouling the shit out of them
Quizno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:54 PM   #20
TheReal Kendall
Love Live Life

TheReal Kendall has a bad reputationTheReal Kendall has a bad reputationTheReal Kendall has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quizno
lol if someone did that to me i'd give them one warning and if they did it one more time i'm playing dirty as **** and fouling the shit out of them

It's not a hard poke though. Just a slight touch it makes people jump most of the time.

I'm used to it though cause like I said I grew up with people doing it to me so it really kinda helped me concentrate on my shot while shooting.

I've seen people in the NBA do it also
TheReal Kendall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:57 PM   #21
highwhey
el vato encabronado

highwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Where I live ppl call out board

not to sound racist but why to.black ppl feel the need to talk sht? I know better then to listen but every mfing time there's someone who gets butthurt and a fight starts. Its anoying as fck, most of the time its visitors who start trash talking and it disrupts the gameflow. I aint gona stay around when a pissed off dude pulls out a knife

fcking grow up
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:11 PM   #22
TheReal Kendall
Love Live Life

TheReal Kendall has a bad reputationTheReal Kendall has a bad reputationTheReal Kendall has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwhey

not to sound racist but why to.black ppl feel the need to talk sht? I know better then to listen but every mfing time there's someone who gets butthurt and a fight starts. Its anoying as fck, most of the time its visitors who start trash talking and it disrupts the gameflow. I aint gona stay around when a pissed off dude pulls out a knife

fcking grow up

I've seen whites talk trash too(very rare though)

Most people that trash talk suck anyway.

You couldn't play where I'm from cause they trash talk and pull out guns. It's stupid but what be funny is it be people that known each other since the sandbox days
TheReal Kendall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:14 PM   #23
daily
I rattle in 5-footers

daily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwhey

fcking grow up

I was playing a pick up game at the high school last winter, we start playing, a high school kid is guarding me talking all kinds of trash, I never spoke a word the whole time. 5 minutes in we take a break in the action he comes up and starts trying to make small talk. I give him my best deaf guy impersonation, acting like I can't talk that well, I told him i'm not wearing my hear aid.

His face.
daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:21 PM   #24
CeltsGarlic
Real quick

CeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

if its off I always yell "bullocks"
CeltsGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:49 AM   #25
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I will do it to a player if I feel it will bother him, I will do it just pre-shot as he is setting it up. Just something for him to think about, works well if the guy is on a roll.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:57 AM   #26
Goliath Uterus
Y.G.R.N

Goliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I like yelling out "skrrrrt" or screaming in a high pitch voice. works pretty well, I've made a few dudes miss layups before. calling for the ball when the other team has it works more than you'd think as well.
Goliath Uterus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:39 AM   #27
WayOfWade
Returning AUG 2015

WayOfWade has an OK reputation so far

I really don't like it when people do that when I shoot, I feel insulted. However, I typically make it, and then proceed to stare them down while busting out the Mutumbo finger wag.
WayOfWade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:03 AM   #28
PistonsFan#21
College star

PistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputation

nobody calls ''short'' or ''off when i shoot. Actually they nickname me 90%. Because i will hit 90% of my midrange and 3point shots
PistonsFan#21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:15 AM   #29
unknowns8
Serious playground baller

unknowns8 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
here's one i've been struggling with, could use some opinions

for a while now on close-outs when i have no chance to affect the shot i'll clap to fk the shooter up..... bad etiquette/sportsmanship or does anything go?

i got pinged a tech foul for doing this exact same thing (clapping whislt running out on shooters)

apparently it's not legal play ... i play in Sydney, Australia so it's possibly a FIBA rule ... maybe ... I dunno, I got pinged a tech foul for doing it though
unknowns8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:17 AM   #30
unknowns8
Serious playground baller

unknowns8 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by daily
I was playing a pick up game at the high school last winter, we start playing, a high school kid is guarding me talking all kinds of trash, I never spoke a word the whole time. 5 minutes in we take a break in the action he comes up and starts trying to make small talk. I give him my best deaf guy impersonation, acting like I can't talk that well, I told him i'm not wearing my hear aid.

His face.

and a well earned for originality mate
unknowns8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: