Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-18-2013, 10:57 AM   #16
Real Men Wear Green
BathFrog of Doom

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Rolling Stone is run by a bunch of idiots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
I knew someone was going to post this.

People don't seem to care about the media doing all explicit and "demoralizing" stuff but once the Boston bomber photo comes up everyone has sand in their ******..
It's a glam photo, which they hope will wet your ******.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:02 AM   #17
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

People go absoultuely CRAZY over "terrorist attacks". Only 3 people died in the attack. More people were killed driving cars in the U.S. that day than at Boston Marathon. But people went f-cking BONKERS. They shut down a whole city to catch that one guy.

Can you imagine if there was an actual cooordinated network setting off several bombs in different cities on same day? The entire country would just shut down.....

Anyway....back to the cover.....it is kinda stupid to put him on the cover, but RS knows how people will react...They wanted this publicity. They're trying to make a point how a "terrorist" could even be your average good looking kid from next door. I think that's the point.....but whatever....
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:07 AM   #18
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Stop being an idiot; they're not glorifying him:

DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:14 AM   #19
Real Men Wear Green
BathFrog of Doom

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Stop being an idiot; they're not glorifying him
Do you know what a glam photo is? You're on a real stupid streak.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:42 AM   #20
TheMan
MJ GOAT, U MAD?

TheMan is popular on this boardTheMan is popular on this boardTheMan is popular on this boardTheMan is popular on this boardTheMan is popular on this board

I must admit, when I first glanced at the cover, I thought the dude on the cover was some new flavor of the month artist. I even had to read a few posts to understand why the OP was pissed

I currently live in Mexico, the Boston bombing news was big for a few days, that's why I didn't identify the bomber right away. I still don't get what's the big deal Don't infamous people get on covers all the time?

Last edited by TheMan : 07-18-2013 at 11:48 AM.
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:53 AM   #21
Norcaliblunt
Local High School Star

Norcaliblunt has decent reputationNorcaliblunt has decent reputation

People need to face the reality that murderers, serial killers, organized crime figures, and terrorists are celebrities, and apart of pop culture in this weird twisted society we have these days. Is it right? I don't know, but it's the way it is, and has been that way for a while. Jodie Arias had glam photos shown of her all over CNN every night during her trial, same with Casey Anthony. Hollywood makes movies based on the lives of true crime killers as a form of entertainment all the time. How many mobster movies have you seen based on real people and events? If you wanna talk about glorifying and glamouring up violence and life destroying crime you can start right there. What is weird is how people can watch the news, and the video of this terrorist event happen in Boston on loop every ten seconds, then immediately switch to some sort of crime murder drama for entertainment, while their kids up stairs play a video game that completely glorifies war, but an actual real life photo from an alleged terrorist's facebook page on the cover of a pop culture publication is responded with instantaneous outcry. It is bizarre to me, but than again this society we live in is bizarre.
Norcaliblunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:55 AM   #22
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
i think iím seeing the pattern, here. this is not exactly the decade of compassion, understanding and bridge-building. more like nelson muntzville. something bothers someone and itís not my problem, HAHA!

what a tremendous age we live in.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:17 PM   #23
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

You prefer they use a shot of his limp body being dragged out of the boat he was hiding in? Or maybe the surveillance photo that ID'd them at the marathon? Using, what you perceive, as a glam photo does not inherently make the story a glorification of him or negate the merits of the story and placing him on the cover.

I've seen you in two threads, both of which you were trumpeting idiotic stances. You going through a rough patch? Having some problems at home?
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:19 PM   #24
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Along with his entire, boycotting state. You, however, are not being extra-stupid. You are always this stupid.
did you react this way when the media publishes photos of osama? The overreaction to this is really way off base IMO
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:26 PM   #25
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputation

This was made obvious by their atrocious top 100 guitarist and drummer lists.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:27 PM   #26
Real Men Wear Green
BathFrog of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
did you react this way when the media publishes photos of osama? The overreaction to this is really way off base IMO
Any outlet that put a glam photo of bin Laden on their cover, I disagree with that decision. I don't know who would be dumb enough to try and make him a sympathetic figure but yes, that would be stupid. You find these glam bin Laden photos and I'll post a reaction, just for you. But the reason why you don't see a thread or posts about bin Laden like this one are the following:

1. I wasn't even on ISH in 2001.

2. I really can't think of any glam OBL photos.

3. I live in BOSTON. If someone from NY saw a photo like this on the cover of a major mag and reacted like me or even more strongly I'd empathize if I posted an opinion.

Your example isn't relevant unless there's something with OBL I'm supposed to be reacting to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
You prefer they use a shot of his limp body being dragged out of the boat he was hiding in?
Yes. **** him and **** you.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:30 PM   #27
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

again, this is a photo he took of himself. Its not from a professional photo shoot. It was on the cover of the NYT before it was on Rolling Stone.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:38 PM   #28
Real Men Wear Green
BathFrog of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
again, this is a photo he took of himself. Its not from a professional photo shoot. It was on the cover of the NYT before it was on Rolling Stone.
And they still chose it. Regardless the Times is a newspaper that was probably just looking for photos of Tsarnaev to show, they put papers out daily and I didn't notice this particular edition anyhow. Rolling Stone is a music mag that decided to try and make a terrorist into a sympathetic figure.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:45 PM   #29
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't really follow or know much about this magazine. I don't agree with the decision to put him on the cover. Very tasteless IMO. Stick to music.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:49 PM   #30
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcaliblunt
People need to face the reality that murderers, serial killers, organized crime figures, and terrorists are celebrities, and apart of pop culture in this weird twisted society we have these days. Is it right? ........ It is bizarre to me, but than again this society we live in is bizarre.

bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: