Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-18-2013, 05:43 PM   #61
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Rolling Stone is run by a bunch of idiots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Rivers

That's actually kind of a glam photo too.

Abs lookin like Zac Efron status, and the blood gives him that badass action hero quality.
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:50 PM   #62
Doctor Rivers
Good college starter

Doctor Rivers is considered somewhat coolDoctor Rivers is considered somewhat coolDoctor Rivers is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
That's actually kind of a glam photo too.

Abs lookin like Zac Efron status, and the blood gives him that badass action hero quality.

weiiiird i don't see that at all but to each his own i guess
Doctor Rivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:51 PM   #63
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

I'd reserve judgment till I actually read the article, but I'm sure there's a reason that Rolling Stone put that specific picture on the cover. I was reading an cracked article and this this actually has a fan following and groupies.

longtime lurker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:19 PM   #64
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
Saying that Rolling Stone is a music mag is like saying that MTV is the music video network.

We all know MTV has become a reality tv show network, and we should know that Rolling Stone has just as much focus on politics as it does music these days.
I get that you like the mag. Normally I could care less about what's in it either way. If it makes you feel any better I'm really just judging this cover, I don't read the magazine at all to comment on the day-to-day...though if they consider this kind of thing to be a good idea in general I doubt I'd be a fan.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:22 PM   #65
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
Watching the coverage this morning I see why its not....a good idea. But im not sure it needs national coverage. Its the kinda thing taken for more serious because people get mad and make a big deal of it. I wouldnt even know he was on the cover if not for the outrage.

Why give it the most attention they have probably had ever? They knew you would get mad. They wanted the reaction. They win.

Boycotts dont do anything these days. I remember people mad at chick fila over being anti gay and people flocked there just to piss protesters off.

No...I dont find hating gays to be equal to blowing people up.

I just dont buy the "Boycott" angle when all the people doing it wanted was attention to begin with.

Not saying a word about it would be more effective. I bet every copy is bought, more people read it and find him humanized, and people might even save the issue because of all the controversy. Making a big deal about it is exactly what they wanted. Print media is near dead but one managed to be on every news program in the country.
They may get a net bump in sales but their readership is going to suffer in Massachusetts, stores won't put it on the shelves and local subscribers are canceling subscriptions and demanding refunds. I wonder how much money they need to make to make all the hate their getting worthwhile? Because hate does effect people, even people with money.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:27 PM   #66
KNOW1EDGE
AKA MUGGSY

KNOW1EDGE has an OK reputation so far

I agree with OP.

I think its sad that an American made magazine would promote terrorism against its own country. That is exactly what they are doing by putting a terrorist on the cover of their magazine, and trying to make us feel bad for him.

How mad would you be if you were affected by the bombings and then you walk down the street to see the culprit on the cover of a magazine??

Rolling Stone fell off a long time ago anyways, nobody reads that sh1t
KNOW1EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:56 PM   #67
RoTM
Local High School Star

RoTM has an OK reputation so far

Someone at RS obviously saw the buzz around those twitter air heads crushing over him ran with it to try and sell to teenage girls. It has nothing to do with journalism and anyone mad about it has a point. They are trying to sexualize a terrorist.
RoTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:00 PM   #68
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Rivers
weiiiird i don't see that at all but to each his own i guess

High fashion photo shoots can get pretty weird, and it almost looks like he's striking a pose the way he's pulling up his shirt and leaning like that.

He's got that lean Abercrombie body young girls love.
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:12 PM   #69
SpecialQue
NBA Superstar

SpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtucker

may the fukkers who put that piece of shit on the cover die a horrible death

Post of the year.
SpecialQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:47 PM   #70
SCdac
NBA sixth man of the year

SCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputation

and lets be real, Rolling Stone would not have put him on the cover had he not been a relatively good looking kid.

It's the vanity, "you can be bad as long as you look good", that bothers me as much as anything about this, and about this country in general.

You know they're not about to put some unattractive or heavy bearded terrorist on the cover. I mean can you envision this guy on the cover of Rolling Stone in a Morrison-esque image?

SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: