Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-19-2013, 03:54 AM   #1
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

Default Mitch and company...where is the dee on this team??????

Simple question. Look at all the players the Lakers picked up.
High scoring no defense. We can at least use some defensive wings. Or a tough guy like K Mart.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:45 AM   #2
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Default Re: Mitch and company...where is the dee on this team??????

Did you make this thread for the intention of living the konex curse, and thus pressuring the lakers to sign defensive guys? lol

In all seriousness, we all know this is a "preparation" year for the off-season of 2014. There's no point in spending extra money (that we don't have) on a year where have no hope. Dwight Howard left and we have no superstar. Kobe is not going to be the same star anymore.

Whatever the case may be, we are prepped for 2014. In the mean time we got some young guys that can run in D'Antoni's system. Then after we miss the playoffs we can fire D'Antoni, bring superstars, and get back to the laker way.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:28 PM   #3
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisoner
Simple question. Look at all the players the Lakers picked up.
High scoring no defense. We can at least use some defensive wings. Or a tough guy like K Mart.

Lets b honest here.... Nobody in their wildest dreams think they are anywhere closer to winning championship..

Heck even mitch/kobe will agree with that...

This is a stopgap year.... Before the real thing next summer...

So enjoy the ride... Have fun putting up 120pts but losing by 20....

Like lf said ...we then fire D'Toni, get back Phil and we go on FA hunting in the summer

How this sounds

Farmar
Kobe
Melo
Lebron
Pau

bench : With the players we have but with higher confidence cause of next yr or just recycle couple

Last edited by Lakers_Kobe_Fan : 07-19-2013 at 01:53 PM.
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:50 PM   #4
dd24
College superstar

Do you guys really believe things will change around next summer? I don't think it's a certainty that Lebron or Melo sign here. It's really even more of a long shot. Paul George will likely sign a max contract with Indiana. Outside of that it's not guys who can be a #2 option to make a run to a championship who will be FA's. Wade, Amare, Deng, Bosh, Bogut..... good players but not enough to make the Lakers relevant in the championship discussion again. So while I agree it's not the smartest thing to sign a bunch of contracts this offseason so there's money to spend next year, I don't agree with people thinking it could be completely turned around in a year. The new CBA hurts the Lakers. David Stern really really really hurt the Lakers.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:50 AM   #5
SpecialQue
NBA Superstar

I'm guessing the lack of D is because they're focusing on high shooting/scoring to keep games entertaining, even though they're not going to do shit in the playoffs when they get there. They still have to sell tickets.
SpecialQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:18 PM   #6
Torious
Great young streetballer

I don't really think there's much to be gained in the '14 FA market. Wade will stay put at age 32, if LBJ opts out it will be to get a better contract from Miami. Why would he go anywhere else when he has Wade and Bosh there and solid vets are lining up to jump on the Championship bandwagon for practically no money.

Dont really see Melo and Amar'e opt out either.

So that leaves a couple of aging Superstars who are too loyal to leave their team (Duncan, Dirk). They'd also be useless to build a new Team around due to their age. The better ones of the (unrestricted) rest are a bunch of borderline All Stars like Zach, Granger and Deng who won't really make the Lakers a contender either.

The only way I see them go anywhere in the next couple of year is with trades or if they develop some real team chemistry like in... say.. San Antonio. Which hasn't happened in LA for some time now.
Torious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 03:15 PM   #7
Alter Ego
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torious
I don't really think there's much to be gained in the '14 FA market. Wade will stay put at age 32, if LBJ opts out it will be to get a better contract from Miami. Why would he go anywhere else when he has Wade and Bosh there and solid vets are lining up to jump on the Championship bandwagon for practically no money.

Dont really see Melo and Amar'e opt out either.

So that leaves a couple of aging Superstars who are too loyal to leave their team (Duncan, Dirk). They'd also be useless to build a new Team around due to their age. The better ones of the (unrestricted) rest are a bunch of borderline All Stars like Zach, Granger and Deng who won't really make the Lakers a contender either.

The only way I see them go anywhere in the next couple of year is with trades or if they develop some real team chemistry like in... say.. San Antonio. Which hasn't happened in LA for some time now.

Actually, we can go and try and grab Kyrie Irving, Lillard, or Paul George, Danny granger, Melo or Lebron and even LMA(not sure about this one)
Alter Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 04:59 PM   #8
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter Ego
Actually, we can go and try and grab Kyrie Irving, Lillard, or Paul George, Danny granger, Melo or Lebron and even LMA(not sure about this one)

What the heck happened to the loud rumor before about them getting Kevin Love?
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 05:31 PM   #9
dd24
College superstar

I don't really see Love or Irving leaving their teams. Irving would be a guy you can actually build around. Love I see as a #2 or #3 option on a championship team. The Cavs have a really nice young team though. I'm not sure why Kyrie would necessarily want to go and I don't think the Cavs would just let him walk that easily anyhow. Paul George is the guy that I think has the highest percentage to go somewhere else, but I don't really think that's going to happen either. With the way the salary cap is now setup, rebuilding through the draft is really the best way to do it. It's not like it was back in the day where you could just go out and sign the best talent and not worry too much about a luxury tax. That's why I'm a bit worried about this rebuild.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 07:19 PM   #10
Alter Ego
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
What the heck happened to the loud rumor before about them getting Kevin Love?

Idk. I'm an LA GUY, love the lakers but James Harden is my guy. I knew him growing up. He's from LA. I wish lakers would have grabbed him.
Lakers need to retool and picking up all these old dudes ain't cutting it
Alter Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:47 AM   #11
Mgamer20o0
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Idk. I'm an LA GUY, love the lakers but James Harden is my guy. I knew him growing up. He's from LA. I wish lakers would have grabbed him.
Lakers need to retool and picking up all these old dudes ain't cutting it
its just for this season though. they are so limited to what they can do right now there isnt many moves to make until they get back under the cap.

easy to say we should have got this guy or that but we need what the other team is looking for.
Mgamer20o0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:40 AM   #12
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
Do you guys really believe things will change around next summer? I don't think it's a certainty that Lebron or Melo sign here. It's really even more of a long shot. Paul George will likely sign a max contract with Indiana. Outside of that it's not guys who can be a #2 option to make a run to a championship who will be FA's. Wade, Amare, Deng, Bosh, Bogut..... good players but not enough to make the Lakers relevant in the championship discussion again. So while I agree it's not the smartest thing to sign a bunch of contracts this offseason so there's money to spend next year, I don't agree with people thinking it could be completely turned around in a year. The new CBA hurts the Lakers. David Stern really really really hurt the Lakers.

You are completely right. A quick fix is not going to happen.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:57 AM   #13
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

Both Melo & Amare knows that they've have a better chance winning a title with Kobe in LA than in NY. Knowing what Mitch can do, gawd it's gonna be a deep roster.
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:48 PM   #14
bladefd
Good college starter

Quote:

I don't think Lillard is a possibility. Blazers will hold onto him and match any offer that comes his way (its a team option so Blazers not letting him go). I don't see LeBron opting out, especially if they make it to finals again. George will get max deal in Indy and extra year so he isn't leaving that. LMA is under contract for 2 more years so only way to acquire him is to trade for him; we do not have the pieces they would want outside of Gasol's expiring contract. I don't know if Portland wants to clear any salary space..

As for Irving/George, dd24 already explained everything I was going to say.

That leaves Granger & Melo (& Deng who you didn't mention). Granger & Deng will be unrestricted FAs so I think Lakers should try to acquire one of them; I hope it's Deng. As for Melo, I think he is definitely a possibility because I expect him to opt out. Knicks will stay the Knicks.. Losing playoff series after playoffs. Only thing is I don't know if we want Melo. He has not had any playoff success in 9 years ;/
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:01 PM   #15
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

You guys know what I'm thinking.

Lamar Odom!
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: