Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-21-2013, 09:58 PM   #16
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Default Re: Mitch and company...where is the dee on this team??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
I don't really see Love or Irving leaving their teams. Irving would be a guy you can actually build around. Love I see as a #2 or #3 option on a championship team. The Cavs have a really nice young team though. I'm not sure why Kyrie would necessarily want to go and I don't think the Cavs would just let him walk that easily anyhow. Paul George is the guy that I think has the highest percentage to go somewhere else, but I don't really think that's going to happen either. With the way the salary cap is now setup, rebuilding through the draft is really the best way to do it. It's not like it was back in the day where you could just go out and sign the best talent and not worry too much about a luxury tax. That's why I'm a bit worried about this rebuild.

Irving has been successful in Cleveland and will likely stay.

Love on the other hand has not been treated with as much respect as they have been treating Rubio. With Kevin's contract in question, the wolves have not extended him and he has been feeling left out, despite his efforts on that team.

I think it will be a big surprise if he ends up staying in Minny.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:02 PM   #17
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Also might I add, there are many beautiful things about having much cap space as the lakers do next off-season.

the one point I want to focus on is the fact that trades will be so successful.

I am sure that when you go sniffing around other teams in the league, you will find unhappy all-stars. Additionally there will be teams looking to dump salary.

So let me give an example, we have a superstar player in the league on one of our rival teams, the Boston Celtics. They have a guy named Rondo.

What can happen is you may have a Rondo that is growing impatient with the rebuild. You also may have a celtics team looking to invest their 9 picks in the next few years into top notch players. What can we offer? How's about a nice big fat salary relief, with some picks to add to their collection and in return, we will get a championship caliber point guard.

We don't have to be big in free agency with all that money. We're about a few trades away from being legit again.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:10 AM   #18
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

Ok first things first guys...

We CAN NOT get Irving or George because their respective teams can and will match anything we throw at them next summer.

So that leaves us Granger who is a great player but has been injured.
Deng another good player but not a player to build your team around.

Then the 2015 season...where Rondo, Love etc will be unrestricted free agents.

And of course there are unrealistic shots at LeBron and Melo opting out early.
And I don't see that happening but who knows.

I can't help to think that if we did keep Dwight and got the players we signed so far this offseason....man the Lakers would be scary. Oh freaking well.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: