Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2013, 06:44 PM   #106
Goldrush25
Local High School Star
 
Goldrush25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,077
Default Re: New pictures of Tsarnaev

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude77
because it's in their best interest to not get involved with that .. too much to lose .. doesn't mean they don't secretly think it or are aware of it

No, it's because (and I know because I'm one of them) fundamentally they negotiate life's obstacles with a premise that they have the ability to control their own circumstances. And when bad things happen, it's not necessarily a grand scheme with multifactorial elements to it. Most likely, when bad things happen, they happen because of the actions of a few radically thinking individuals. But conspiracy theorists take solace in believing in conspiracies because it gives you an out, it gives you the ability to say that a greater power controls things like a puppet master and they're the cause for why you can't rise to greatness in your own life.

It's not that I dismiss the possibility of a conspiracy. It's that I recognize that it's the least likely of the presented scenarios. Yet some people persistently cling to them, mostly because they can't be disproven. Conspiracy theories are immune to evidence. Even if this kid came out and said he did it, conspiracy theorists can say that he was coerced by the government. It never ends. You'll continue to dismiss evidence or contort it to comply with what you believe to be the truth.
Goldrush25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:49 PM   #107
dude77
NBA lottery pick
 
dude77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5,743
Default Re: New pictures of Tsarnaev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldrush25
No, it's because (and I know because I'm one of them) fundamentally they negotiate life's obstacles with a premise that they have the ability to control their own circumstances. And when bad things happen, it's not necessarily a grand scheme with multifactorial elements to it. Most likely, when bad things happen, they happen because of the actions of a few radically thinking individuals. But conspiracy theorists take solace in believing in conspiracies because it gives you an out, it gives you the ability to say that a greater power controls things like a puppet master and they're the cause for why you can't rise to greatness in your own life.

It's not that I dismiss the possibility of a conspiracy. It's that I recognize that it's the least likely of the presented scenarios. Yet some people persistently cling to them, mostly because they can't be disproven. Conspiracy theories are immune to evidence. Even if this kid came out and said he did it, conspiracy theorists can say that he was coerced by the government. It never ends. You'll continue to dismiss evidence or contort it to comply with what you believe to be the truth.

speak for yourself .. not following what we're told by the media and the government doesn't mean you're looking for 'an out' lol .. it just means you're not a blind zombie who just follows and believes everything you're being told ..

even if you do see the media and government for what they are, you're not going to say anything if you're a successful person .. for obvious reasons
dude77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:55 PM   #108
Goldrush25
Local High School Star
 
Goldrush25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,077
Default Re: New pictures of Tsarnaev

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude77
speak for yourself .. not following what we're told by the media and the government doesn't mean you're looking for 'an out' lol .. it just means you're not a blind zombie who just follows and believes everything you're being told ..

even if you do see the media and government for what they are, you're not going to say anything if you're a successful person .. for obvious reasons

So instead of considering evidence that's been presented, you're choosing to believe evidence that may exonerate him, but does not exist yet? I would say that's being blind.

Do you believe any of what the media has presented? What do you believe and what don't you believe?

Last edited by Goldrush25 : 07-21-2013 at 06:58 PM.
Goldrush25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:13 PM   #109
dude77
NBA lottery pick
 
dude77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5,743
Default Re: New pictures of Tsarnaev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldrush25
So instead of considering evidence that's been presented, you're choosing to believe evidence that may exonerate him, but does not exist yet? I would say that's being blind.

Do you believe any of what the media has presented? What do you believe and what don't you believe?

I'll consider all evidence .. now I haven't been watching much coverage about that case so I can't say exactly what I know or don't know(or should I say what I've been told by the news) .. I'm going more so by what I've seen in the past .. so like I said before, there's nothing wrong with questioning the news or government agencies .. they're all known to lie, omit, distort, and MAKE UP information for their own agendas as we all know
dude77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:16 AM   #110
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator
 
JtotheIzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Wolviapolis
Posts: 14,192
Default Re: New pictures of Tsarnaev

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenIverson3
How many more people are you gonna judge without even knowing them.... Please tell me something else about me.

You're a ****ing clown who believes your government is here to protect your fat ass when in reality they don't give a flying **** about you. Keep living in a world where you think America is perfect....

Land of the free, home of the brave!

This is why you and Dude77 are wrong, because despite the fact that I have stated the contrary, you still fall back on this strawman argument that I am some walking drone unable to think anything other than what the media feeds me.

What you don't understand is that this 'underground media' the one with the truthers and conspiracy theorists who claim they know the real deal is every bit the business enterprise the MSM is. They are in it to make a buck, they have certain talking points they need to hit on to keep their audience adn most importantly they need content. ergo facto brainwashed retardo, they need to pervert every story to fit their talking points.

Its even more formulaic and less sincere than the MSM, they are CONSISTENTLY wrong, but never have to print an apology or acknowledge an error, because they aren't held to the same standards as the real media. They are ENTERTAINMENT, not meant to be taken seriously.

EVERYONE knows the MSM is disingenuous at times and overbearing with some news, but their business model is such. I hold no illusions that they are first and foremost a business and view them with a healthy dose of scepticism, but that being said I don't see them as a nefarious tool of the elite whose sole purpose is to mislead the masses so the lizard people can forward their world domination agenda.

are we clear now? will we not come back to this again, or is that reply the only tool in your arsenal?

when you get a little older you will realise that nothing is exactly how it seems, but it is a reasonable facsimile of its appearance. the viewpoints and reasoning you have now is consistent with the 'angry young man' stage you are at in your cognitive development.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:12 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy