Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-19-2013, 04:18 PM   #31
Jameerthefear
Feelin' Dandy

Jameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Obama: Trayvon 'could have been me'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
I don't know if you saw the full video, but he goes on to talk about his race and how he has had to deal with certain stereotypes of being a black man. I would agree with you had he not made it about race, but it's been about race with him since day 1.
Yep. Racism is nonexistent. No one is ever profiled or anything. It's all just a lie constructed by Liberals to make all the good Southerns look bad.

/sarcasm
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:19 PM   #32
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

This was actually a lot better than I thought it would be. He basically acknowledged that a lot of the problems besetting "the black community" are internal, and he seemed to go the lengths to not emphasize the racial aspect the media has been selling since day 1. At least in the parts I saw.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:23 PM   #33
longhornfan1234
Local High School Star

longhornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this board

I wish Reagan was still alive and he could run again. He would save the country again.
longhornfan1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:27 PM   #34
nathanjizzle
life is exasperating

nathanjizzle has a bad reputationnathanjizzle has a bad reputationnathanjizzle has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhornfan1234
I wish Reagan was still alive and he could run again. He would save the country again.

you say obama is dividing this country but then you talk about our country like its a piece of shit. their are people on board to be a progressive country and then their is people like you to jump off ship and hope we were a non tolerant conservative state again. your the one that is separating yourselves from this country its not obama. go sign a petition for texas to be a seperate country, and then blame obama for "dividing" our country.
nathanjizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:41 PM   #35
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
Yep. Racism is nonexistent. No one is ever profiled or anything. It's all just a lie constructed by Liberals to make all the good Southerns look bad.

/sarcasm

If he wants to talk about racism, then he can under a different context or platform. This Martin/Zimmerman issue was never about race.
Patrick Chewing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:56 PM   #36
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Obama has got to be the biggest joke of a President ever.

And f*ck all of ya'll who support that clown.

Short memory, huh?
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 05:12 PM   #37
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

got about halfway through the video, paused.

i'm a bit uncomfortable with it. everything he said is pretty much reasonable and well-stated, it's just that i would prefer he keep his involvement to a minimum. he almost comes across as wanting to be a secular minister to the united states, and that's a bit much.

he should know that he just doesn't have the audience for that. i mean, i'm sure this is all very painful for him, and i sympathise, but i think it might be best if the office of POTUS not get too involved in longish statements on this. i don't know.

and his people and at least some of his party have the civil suit thing to pursue... i'd rather he pursue that than interject himself in this way.

black people should be rightfully upset about all this, but there has to be a larger point IMO-- that it could have been any person at all who was walking home and wanted the right to get there safely. at night, in the rain, with a hoodie on, that could have been an eskimo walking down the street and i suspect GZ would have profiled him as a punk and started up the cop show music in his head.

so i think black people should have the sense to try to not own this issue, but to merge it in to a general point about walking around without being targeted because of your manner. that's something we can -all- potentially get behind.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 05:13 PM   #38
Derka
Go C's!

Derka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

"Country remains completely in the shitter...neither myself nor the elected Congress can or will do anything about it because that might require some work on our part. Better talk about Trayvon some more."
Derka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 05:14 PM   #39
Myth

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
If he wants to talk about racism, then he can under a different context or platform. This Martin/Zimmerman issue was never about race.

Actually, it has stirred up race since the beginning.
Old 07-19-2013, 05:17 PM   #40
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

hispanic kills black...is there something is south america we dont know about?
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 05:55 PM   #41
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Actually, it has stirred up race since the beginning.

Because a vast majority of sheep believe the BS that's been reported about this case. We're all being suckered into believing this is a racial issue. Far more pressing matters with this country than some made-up story about a racially-motivated killing or a racially-motivated decision.
Patrick Chewing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 07:11 PM   #42
dude77
NBA lottery pick

dude77 has not been impressing people

he cracked under the pressure .. no balls on this guy .. you know the naacp was coming down on him about saying something
dude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 07:22 PM   #43
Myth

Quote:
Because a vast majority of sheep believe the BS that's been reported about this case. We're all being suckered into believing this is a racial issue. Far more pressing matters with this country than some made-up story about a racially-motivated killing or a racially-motivated decision.

Did you listen to Zimmerman's call? He had no reason to be believe the kid was up to something other than how he "looked."
Old 07-19-2013, 08:05 PM   #44
Raymone
The Chosen King

Raymone has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Did you listen to Zimmerman's call? He had no reason to be believe the kid was up to something other than how he "looked."

No, he specifically said on the call that he thought the kid was behaving suspiciously.

Quote:
It's raining and he's just.. walking around, looking about.

He's here now, he's just staring... looking at all the houses.

Yeah, now he's coming towards me. He's got his hand in his waistband... Something's wrong with him. Yup, he's coming to check me out, he's got something in his hands.
Raymone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:12 PM   #45
The Custodian
Can barely lace up my sneakers

The Custodian has an OK reputation so far

Uneducated about the situation and quick to assume like the rest of his race
The Custodian is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: