Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-20-2013, 12:49 AM   #61
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Obama: Trayvon 'could have been me'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Slide
Obama doesn't win any election if it weren't for his race.

It's the truth.

That's not the truth. That's blind speculation.

I could see Obama winning as a Hispanic man.
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 12:55 AM   #62
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Slide
Obama doesn't win any election if it weren't for his race.

It's the truth.

After 8 years of Bush, Joe Biden could have won the '08 election.

After all the Romney gaffes, any Democrat could have won in '12.

You can thank the ineptitude of the GOP for Obama.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:01 AM   #63
bmulls
Great college starter

bmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
Saw this on BBC in the hotel this morning. Thought it was pretty heartfelt, but the way this trial has been politicized it is going to rub a lot of people the wrong way.

I think I like this Obama though, actually tackling race head on and discussing it instead of dithering in the middle trying not to piss anyone off.

Except there's no issue to tackle here. The only race issue is the one manufactured by the media and race baiters like Sharpton, Jackson and Obama himself.
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:01 AM   #64
DCL
NBA rookie of the year

DCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC system

DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:06 AM   #65
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmulls
Except there's no issue to tackle here. The only race issue is the one manufactured by the media and race baiters like Sharpton, Jackson and Obama himself.

Blacks do get different treatment from authority figures and strangers, any black man will tell you that. Constantly citing Sharpton and Jackson is akin to minorities constantly citing Ann Coulter and Rush Limbaugh as the spokespeople for whites. The vast majority of black people are level headed people just trying to get ahead, and it is very frustrating when you are a contributing member of society yet often treated with suspicion.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:45 AM   #66
shadow
Laker fan here

shadow is considered somewhat coolshadow is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
Blacks do get different treatment from authority figures and strangers, any black man will tell you that. Constantly citing Sharpton and Jackson is akin to minorities constantly citing Ann Coulter and Rush Limbaugh as the spokespeople for whites. The vast majority of black people are level headed people just trying to get ahead, and it is very frustrating when you are a contributing member of society yet often treated with suspicion.

Exactly, and you don't have to be black to see it. Anyone who thinks that Trayvon, had he been the one following Zimmerman around with a loaded gun, ended up in a fight and shot Zimm, would not have landed in jail the very first night is completely blind to reality.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1402574

^ Same state, in her home, no one dead. Why is she in Jail?
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:55 AM   #67
dude77
NBA lottery pick

dude77 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow
Exactly, and you don't have to be black to see it. Anyone who thinks that Trayvon, had he been the one following Zimmerman around with a loaded gun, ended up in a fight and shot Zimm, would not have landed in jail the very first night is completely blind to reality.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1402574

^ Same state, in her home, no one dead. Why is she in Jail?

after reading more facts on the case, it seems she did a bit more than she's told us .. 20 is still a bit much but from reading the evidence, she definitely did some illegal shit .. how much time she should get I don't know though

http://www.scribd.com/doc/89763383/S...n-for-Immunity

Last edited by dude77 : 07-20-2013 at 01:58 AM.
dude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: