Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 07-11-2013, 10:47 AM   #1
ZMonkey11
YMCA Scrub

ZMonkey11 has decent reputation
Default Mr. Big Shot is back!!!

"Former Piston Chauncey Billups is returning to the Pistons for a two-year deal, according to sources.

Billups, the 2004 NBA Finals MVP who was traded from the Pistons in the 2008-09 season, has agreed to a two-year deal with the Pistons worth $5 million, according to sources. The second year is a team option."

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...0102/307110073

And Sheed is back as an assistant coach. Now I can say I am thoroughly happy with the Josh Smith signing!!!! OMG I'm SO HAPPY!!!!

VIVA LA PISTONS!!!!!
ZMonkey11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:16 AM   #2
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Nastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Mr. Big Shot is back!!!

I'm cool with this. He can retire a Piston and transition to the front office now. He's a good leader and a good shooter, we need both. Hopefully he helps Knight like LB helped him.

My hope now is that Teague's offer sheet gets matched and we can sign and trade Stuckey/Knight for Jennings.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:39 PM   #3
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

This is a fantastic move. I think the young guys (especially Knight) can learn a lot from him. Chauncey is not only a great player on the court but he's a great locker room guy. He gives us a guy who can play PG or SG and gives us another outside shooter. I'm glad Joe D finally made up for trading him for AI. It will be nice to see him end his career as a Piston. Now we just need Rip back
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:54 PM   #4
TheSilentKiller
5-time NBA All-Star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Very excited to see what this season brings.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:43 AM   #5
Aussie Dunker
Local High School Star

Aussie Dunker has decent reputationAussie Dunker has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
This is a fantastic move. I think the young guys (especially Knight) can learn a lot from him. Chauncey is not only a great player on the court but he's a great locker room guy. He gives us a guy who can play PG or SG and gives us another outside shooter. I'm glad Joe D finally made up for trading him for AI. It will be nice to see him end his career as a Piston. Now we just need Rip back

Well the Bulls did waive him...

Billups and Rip coming off the bench together would be sick!
Aussie Dunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:44 AM   #6
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'd love to see Rip end his career in Detroit.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:17 PM   #7
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

The Pistons should bring back Rip to mentor KCP like Chauncey is for BK.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:58 PM   #8
Aussie Dunker
Local High School Star

I wonder how Bynum and perhaps Stuckey feel about having Billups back taking minutes off them...
Old 07-15-2013, 06:14 PM   #9
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
I wonder how Bynum and perhaps Stuckey feel about having Billups back taking minutes off them...

I'm sure Stuckey will get his fair amount of PT. He's still the best guard on the roster. Bynum was a FA so he could have went anywhere he wanted to and there were other teams that were interested. He chose to resign with Detroit so I'm sure he's happy with his decision.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:27 PM   #10
Aussie Dunker
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
I'm sure Stuckey will get his fair amount of PT. He's still the best guard on the roster. Bynum was a FA so he could have went anywhere he wanted to and there were other teams that were interested. He chose to resign with Detroit so I'm sure he's happy with his decision.

Bynum resigned before they signed Billups thought didn't he?

Stuckey could potentially be the most lethal 6th man eventually in this league, a role in which I think he suits perfectly, but like you I think he will start at SG for us...

Do you think KCP will get the starting nod at some stage this year?
Old 07-15-2013, 06:52 PM   #11
dd24
College superstar

He did but he also had to know they would be bringing in another guard. Stuckey would be a great 6th man. I'm not sure if KCP will get the chance to start this season. If he plays well enough he could. When Stuckey has been fully healthy he's been really solid though so I think it's going to be tough to not start him unless he gets hurt again. I would probably expect Stuckey to miss a few games due to injury and that's where KCP will get his chance to start possibly. I think Chauncey would start in the back court with Knight before that though. Heck they may start the season out with a Billups & Knight backcourt and bring in KCP & Stuckey off the bench.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:17 PM   #12
Aussie Dunker
Local High School Star

Just seen something on the net about the Pistons looking to acquire Jennings through a sign and trade with the Bucks..

What do you think the trade would look like - surely would have to involve Knight right?

And moving forward, would we rather Jennings or Knight? Jennings shoots an extremely low FG%... With the way our team is structured the most important thing our PG needs is:

A) Perimeter shooting
B) Play-making ability

Not sure how how I feel about this
Old 07-15-2013, 08:00 PM   #13
dd24
College superstar

For over a year now they've been trying to sell us on a new core of Knight, Monroe, and Drummond. Then Joe D goes out and trades for Calderon and right then I knew they didn't have faith in Knight as a PG even though Joe D came out and said otherwise. Now we've seen Knights name in a rumored trade for Rondo and there's the rumors that we're going after Jennings. I'm convinced the management in Detroit isn't thrilled about having Knight as our PG of the future.

I think Jennings would be an upgrade. It's hard to know how it would work out because he's never really had much help in Milwaukee. He was the go to scorer. Last year he had Ellis but that's about it. With guys like Drummond, Monroe, & Smith his game might change to being more of a distributor. He can be a good playmaker, it's just he hasn't had anybody to really make plays for.

I would guess if they offered Atlanta a package it would be the same offer they gave Boston. It probably revolves around Knight + an expiring contract. I think Detroit has some cap space left too, so they could probably take on some extra salary.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:29 PM   #14
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Nastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat cool

A team like Detroit has to take the gamble on a guy like Jennings IMO. Neither Knight or Stuckey has his upside. Also, Cheeks and Billups would be good mentors for him. The kid is only 23 still. We'd be signing him through 27.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 02:15 AM   #15
dd24
College superstar

Everything I'm hearing is even though Jennings wants out of Milwaukee there's just not a good enough trade out there that they like so they'll end up signing him to a 1 year deal and next year be an unrestricted FA (he's restricted this year). I think he wants to play for a big market team. Everybody knows the Lakers will have cap space and a need for a PG next season too... who knows if they have interest though.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: