Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-20-2013, 02:26 AM   #1
Alter Ego
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Alter Ego has an OK reputation so far
Default Seeking some help on liver/ammonia level ?

So here's the big deal. I'm prescribed Norco and take the 10mg ones that have 325mg acetaminophen. (APAP).

Now, I also drink.(not As much as I used to, but enough to say that I drink)
(I mention these to see if they would be the cause to a high ammonia level)
Anyway. I'm a healthy 25 yr old male. I have a buddy who works in a laboratory and he ran my blood to check basic kidney and liver functions. Everything was normal EXCEPT MY AMMONIA level. He reran it and boom. Same thing. The normal range at THAT lab is 11-35. My level was 43. This concerns me. I've been doing a lot of reading and can't seem to find anything that gives me comfort.

Anyone know anything about liver disease, liver failure, cirrhosis, high ammonia levels that can shed some info?

Please. Serious responses.(haven't been on in a cool minute)

Last edited by Alter Ego : 07-20-2013 at 02:29 AM.
Alter Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 04:55 AM   #2
StocktonFan
Banned

StocktonFan has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Seeking some help on liver/ammonia level ?

Take Liv.52, it's from India and contains all natural ingredients. I took it when bodybuilding to help assist the liver. It's cheap and works wonders...

Most people take it when on steroids, or prohormones to combat the effects on the liver - they generally like it so much they stay on it...

i don't know how it supports the liver, but it is called liver assist. PCT stuff may work well for you.
StocktonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:54 AM   #3
Alter Ego

Cool. Good looking out.
But this stuff is going to lower ammonia level?
I'm a little concerned. Not trying to have cirrhosis or liver failure
Old 07-20-2013, 10:17 AM   #4
bmulls
Great college starter

bmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation here

I have no idea what those numbers mean but 43 out of a normal range of 11-35 really doesn't sound that bad.
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 10:55 AM   #5
Alter Ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmulls
I have no idea what those numbers mean but 43 out of a normal range of 11-35 really doesn't sound that bad.

Yeah well my buddy (the guy who works in the lab and runs tests daily) said it was still in a normal range, just on the higher side, and says usually a 70 score would be a concern. Biggest thing here is to see if it increases.
Old 07-20-2013, 11:37 AM   #6
Reef
College star

Reef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Crazy thought here, but maybe try talking to your doctor about this?

By the way, you should never drink while on Acetaminophen.
Reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:49 AM   #7
highwhey
el vato encabronado

highwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Agree with reef although I understand if you dont have health insurance bc I dont and paying for a visit is a pain in the ass.

Also acetaminophen and alcohol are bad for your liver im sure you already know. Cut the alcohol
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 12:20 PM   #8
The Real JW
High School Starter

The Real JW is popular on this boardThe Real JW is popular on this boardThe Real JW is popular on this boardThe Real JW is popular on this board

How much per day do you take? How long have you have you been on it?

Last edited by The Real JW : 07-20-2013 at 12:23 PM.
The Real JW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:10 PM   #9
Alter Ego

Thanks for the info.

I get the 10mghydro/325aceta pills. I don't drink and take em; although I'm sure there's been a couple times when I wasn't aware and did it.
I try not to take them often. I try to limit how often I take them. Try once a week but sometimes as much as 4 times a week(rare)
I usually take around 2 or 3 at a time

The dr did joke once and said "take a couple of these and a beer and you'll be having fun"

Anyway.yeah. I'm going to see my dr.
Old 07-20-2013, 01:42 PM   #10
Alter Ego

So basically I was asking if you guys knew anything of ammonia levels and cirrhosis and liver failiure, etc.

I was wondering if you guys knew of anything else that would cause a slightly elevated (yet still normal) ammonia level ?

I did some research but I feel it's limited.

I read that opiates cause a higher ammonia level as well as acetaminophen.
Also constipation and dehydration (comes from opiates)

And drinking also does it.

Anyway. I'm going to ask my dr. I do have insurance but f.uck man, if I'm not there for my back (chronic problem), migrane or some other shit, I'm always going there. Shouldn't be a problem. It's just the principle I guess but hey that's what insurance is for. I can go anytime I want.(given I feel I need to see a dr)
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: