Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-20-2013, 08:04 PM   #16
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: batman-superman team-up movie is next DC movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialQue
My understanding is that they're going to go with a Dark Knight Returns angle, at least if Snyder's reference to it is any indication.
if tru
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 08:12 PM   #17
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

they need a homo superman
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 08:16 PM   #18
RoTM
Local High School Star

RoTM has an OK reputation so far

Nolan did a good job with dark knight and then messed up rises so hes hit and miss in my book.

I worry about Levitt taking the role next. He has even less presence than bale.

Anyway I like the flash news. Hes the character they need to build their Justice League franchise around instead of Batman or Supes. I believe that the problem with Man of Steel was WBs desire to force Superman to fit into the Nolan trilogys world. Traditionally those two are supposed to contrast but the Superman they made would fit right in with Dark Knight.

Last edited by RoTM : 07-20-2013 at 08:21 PM.
RoTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 08:45 PM   #19
eurobum
High School Varsity 12th Man

eurobum has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal Bum
Hahaha DC trying to use Batman to make people give a damn about Superman. Not gonna happen. If Superman isn't in a role of being a WMD for the US as the ultimate boy scout, then he's useless.

Right, so far MOS has only grossed $620M worldwide and will probably at least come close to $1B taking in DVD/BD sales and remaining theater showings. What a box office disappointment. If only more people cared.
eurobum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 08:59 PM   #20
eurobum

Nolan is confirmed as executive producer for "World's Finest" (as mentioned in a previous post, that's what they're calling it so far). So an even lesser role. Probably because he is working on his sci-fi masterpiece (his 2001: Space Odyssey) "Interstellar".

David S. Goyer has two pictures remaining on his deal (was a three-picture deal MOS being the first); so he will write the story of "World's Finest" with Snyder only, and the actual script Goyer will write alone. In comparison MOS story was written by Goyer and Nolan and the script by Goyer. The third picture in his deal will undoubtedly be Justice League.

I never cared for neither Justice League or Avengers .. I just don't think some superheroes should co-exist in the same universe, it's too much, ESPECIALLY for Superman/Batman arguably the biggest comic book characters to date. Like someone said, how can it NOT turn into Avengers silly crap?

Green Lantern LOL LOL LOL
Wonder Woman LOL
Aqua Man LOL
Flash slightly respectable but not very multidimensional

In the same way that
Hawkeye LOL
Black Widow LOL LOL
Captain America LOL

With MOS being the start of this universe I just don't see it panning out well, since they really went for a 'realistic' (you know what I mean) approach to Superman as an alien. How are all these other characters going to fit in? It will be ugly. Batman, maaaaaaaybe, but still.

Can't believe Avengers grossed as much as it did. Pure crap.

If it's silly and crazy from the start I'd be more obliged to accept it such as the DC upcoming big-budget project Guardians of the Galaxy. Google the conceptual art for this, looks pretty cool.

Last edited by eurobum : 07-20-2013 at 09:08 PM.
Old 07-20-2013, 09:03 PM   #21
Rose
Moon Wizard

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurobum
I never cared for neither Justice League or Avengers .. I just don't think some superheroes should co-exist in the same universe, it's too much, ESPECIALLY for Superman/Batman arguably the biggest comic book characters to date. Like someone said, how can it NOT turn into Avengers silly crap?

Green Lantern LOL LOL LOL
Wonder Woman LOL
Aqua Man LOL
Flash slightly respectable but not very multidimensional

In the same way that
Hawkeye LOL
Black Widow LOL LOL
Captain America LOL

With MOS being the start of this universe I just don't see it panning out well, since they really went for a 'realistic' (you know what I mean) approach to Superman as an alien. How are all these other characters going to fit? It will ugly. Batman, maaaaaaaybe, but still.

Can't believe Avengers grossed as much as it did. Pure crap.

If it's silly and crazy from the start I'd be more obliged to accept it such as the DC upcoming big-budget project Guardians of the Galaxy. Google the conceptual art for this, looks pretty cool.
Part of the problem with the green lantern is they chose the wrong one. Had they went with John Stewart they would have had one that could more easily co-exist in a Nolan-styled universe. It's especially shocking that they didn't use him since they tried to make Superman darker in MOS.

Martian Manhunter should also be in the movie. He'd fit great in the darker style. His views on humanity and being a lonely outcast? Perfect. How they do aquaman, wonder woman, and maybe even the flash is going to be interesting. Kinda surprised the flash is getting his solo movie, thought they'd do a team up of him and wonder woman.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:07 PM   #22
eurobum

I do, however, find solace in the fact that Snyder is the man. I've said for a long time he is one of the best contemporary action directors, so far his only real blemish is Sucker Punch (LOL).

Watchmen, one of the best comic movies to date.
300, in retrospect it's a little eh, but you can't deny the groundbreaking visuals and stylization.

I really don't get all the MOS hate. Loved it. Was the Superman movie our generation have been waiting our whole lives for. I love Superman the Movie, but Donner's silver age Superman just don't cut it in modern day setting. The approach, everything was spot on. Snyder was the PERFECT director and Nolan recognized this. It's a movie that couldn't be done without CG and Nolan is a big advocate for only using CG for enhancing scenes (for instance, most Batman shots of him standing atop skyscrapers, etc., are not CG). The presence of mind of Nolan to recognize that he wasn't right for Superman and then handpicking Snyder is just beautiful synergy to me.

I will definitely give "World's Finest" a chance, but after that I'm rather iffy about Flash and JL and a Batman reboot (with Batman re-cast there will surely be a reboot of the franchise). Hollywood is so disgusting. It really is ALL about the bottom line. $$$$$$.

Also, I find more solace in the fact that maybe it will be a "Dark Knight Returns" approach as mentioned in a previous post. The Frank Miller classic graphic novel ....

Now. We play the waiting game!
Old 07-20-2013, 09:16 PM   #23
eurobum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
Part of the problem with the green lantern is they chose the wrong one. Had they went with John Stewart they would have had one that could more easily co-exist in a Nolan-styled universe. It's especially shocking that they didn't use him since they tried to make Superman darker in MOS.

Martian Manhunter should also be in the movie. He'd fit great in the darker style. His views on humanity and being a lonely outcast? Perfect. How they do aquaman, wonder woman, and maybe even the flash is going to be interesting. Kinda surprised the flash is getting his solo movie, thought they'd do a team up of him and wonder woman.

But you never know how they're going to do it. Perhaps Green Lantern will be the 'main plot' for JL first introducing him there. Considering his large-scale scope I could see that happening, meaning his backdrop is 'larger than earth' on a cosmic level so it would match Avengers in terms of impact on the world. But again, there was already an attempted alien invasion in MOS, so how will they top that?

My point is, perhaps Wonder Woman will be a part of Flash or something like that. Aqua Man. Never know.

Mean while, McFarlane can't get his Spawn funded by Hollywood and is considering directing it himself on a lower budget. The studios have a problem with his script; not Hollywood enough. Not enough one-liners, explosions, etc.

And Silver Surfer, who has GREAT potential as a non-Hollywood or Hollywood superhero movie, is suffering because of the unsuccessful Fantastic Four franchise and probably won't get made until there is a successful FF franchise reboot, where he has a cameo.

Hollywood completely killing it right now. Just milking the sh*t out it and will probably cause the end of comic book movies for this era in ten years or so. Completely over-saturated.
Old 07-20-2013, 09:25 PM   #24
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I do, however, find solace in the fact that Snyder is the man. I've said for a long time he is one of the best contemporary action directors, so far his only real blemish is Sucker Punch (LOL).

Watchmen, one of the best comic movies to date.
300, in retrospect it's a little eh, but you can't deny the groundbreaking visuals and stylization.

I really don't get all the MOS hate. Loved it. Was the Superman movie our generation have been waiting our whole lives for. I love Superman the Movie, but Donner's silver age Superman just don't cut it in modern day setting. The approach, everything was spot on. Snyder was the PERFECT director and Nolan recognized this. It's a movie that couldn't be done without CG and Nolan is a big advocate for only using CG for enhancing scenes (for instance, most Batman shots of him standing atop skyscrapers, etc., are not CG). The presence of mind of Nolan to recognize that he wasn't right for Superman and then handpicking Snyder is just beautiful synergy to me.

I will definitely give "World's Finest" a chance, but after that I'm rather iffy about Flash and JL and a Batman reboot (with Batman re-cast there will surely be a reboot of the franchise). Hollywood is so disgusting. It really is ALL about the bottom line. $$$$$$.

Also, I find more solace in the fact that maybe it will be a "Dark Knight Returns" approach as mentioned in a previous post. The Frank Miller classic graphic novel ....

Now. We play the waiting game!
Watchmen is THE best comic movie to date IMO, but much of that is due to the simple fact it is perhaps the best comic story to date. It's the only one that gets away from the same old super hero saves world from super villain cookie cutter mold that every other movie so far is in. I suppose Sin City breaks away from that mold as well nut to be honest I think that movie sucked for the most part.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:29 PM   #25
eurobum

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
Watchmen is THE best comic movie to date IMO, but much of that is due to the simple fact it is perhaps the best comic story to date. It's the only one that gets away from the same old super hero saves world from super villain cookie cutter mold that every other movie so far is in.

This is true. Probably the greatest graphic novel to date, so yes, the story/characters/mythos is un****witable. That being said, I don't think it could've been done in ONE movie as well as Snyder did it. The director's cut of course (LOL at the 'ultimate cut').
Old 07-20-2013, 09:34 PM   #26
Graviton
The Lost Ninja Turtle

Graviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation here

Directed by Snyder and script done by Goyer again. If Man of Steel was any indication, this will be a gigantic cluster****. Expect more cliche one liners, underdeveloped characters, video game like CGI effects and boring villains with hollow personalities.

I can't believe WB is trusting Snyder/Goyer again after Man of Steel, the guy is the Michael Bay of comic book movies. I can guarantee that the movie will flop and Marvel will continue to curbstomp them with actual quality.
Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:36 PM   #27
Killbot
KillImpaleLiquefyLynch

Killbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Needs to be animated.
Killbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:38 PM   #28
eurobum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graviton
Directed by Snyder and script done by Goyer again. If Man of Steel was any indication, this will be a gigantic cluster****. Expect more cliche one liners, underdeveloped characters, video game like CGI effects and boring villains with hollow personalities.

I can't believe WB is trusting Snyder/Goyer again after Man of Steel, the guy is the Michael Bay of comic book movies. I can guarantee that the movie will flop and Marvel will continue to curbstomp them with actual quality.

Compared to the silliness of the current Avengers (Iron Man-centric) universe MOS was Cannes worthy. You are seriously berating MOS for its one-liners and shallowness then complimenting Marvel for 'actual quality'?

I accept the cluster****ity of MOS, because it's f*cking Superman. It's probably one of the only contemporary movies in recent times where I was able to sit through 20+ minutes of actions sequence without falling asleep/just starring blankly "through" the screen almost.

How do you expect a Superman-movie without massive amounts of CG?

I liked Zod, but I can see how people doesn't like him, so I'll give you that. But they're following the Nolan-Batman recipe (again, Hollywood won't take chances, if there's a formula, they will go for it). Second movie will be his arch nemesis, Lex Luthor, like Dark Knight was the Joker.

Last edited by eurobum : 07-20-2013 at 09:43 PM.
Old 07-20-2013, 09:40 PM   #29
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

They still can't get Superman right, and the creative engines behind the most successful film incarnation of Batman are no longer a factor.

I don't imagine this being much good.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:43 PM   #30
Graviton
The Lost Ninja Turtle

Graviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Compared to the silliness of the current Avengers (Iron Man-centric) universe MOS was Cannes worthy.

You are seriously berating MOS for its one-liners and shallowness then complimenting Marvel for 'actual quality'?
Yea if you actually think Man of Steel was better than Avengers/Iron Man 1 then I don't know what to tell you. Avengers was actually well developed and gave real screentime and dialogue to characters instead of speeding everything up and throwing in some cliche flashbacks to make us feel for Clark. Watchmen was much better than POS that was Man of Steel too. It's not as much Snyder's fault as it is that GARBAGE script, did you not notice how basically no character got more than 2 lines of dialogue in every scene? It was a rushed video game cut scene of a movie with no substance. Hiring Goyer to write the script again is just hilarious.
Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: