Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-21-2013, 05:15 AM   #16
HarryCallahan
Banned

HarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: ask a dude who has no friends at all anything

How on earth does Immortal Bum only have like 210 posts?
HarryCallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:23 AM   #17
eurobum
High School Varsity 12th Man

eurobum has no real reputation yet.

From one bum to another, my advice: consider that everything you've done so far in your life has led you to where you are now. Not happy with the results of following your intuition all these years? Do the opposite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKUvKE3bQlY
eurobum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 02:51 PM   #18
Immortal Bum
Decent playground baller

Immortal Bum has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullupJay
How do you cope with it?

What are your hobbies?

pot. though i've only been smoking about a year and half, and when it comes to being ambitious about work or trying new things, pot has helped tremendously. Prior to that i'd just stay depressed and alone and not try.

my hobbies include drinking, smoking, and all types of ill shit...or smoking pot, conversing with others on life, i really do enjoy a good conversation. its like art, listening to what they say, considering it, possibly replying. its fun. i have an xbox 360 but feel the older i get the less video games impress me. i watch shows, place pick-up basketball, write, listen to a lot of music. got a guitar, practice that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
Does it bother you?

Personally I've always been a loner and felt most comfortable alone even though I was 'popular' and had no issues making friends, being social, etc. Never liked moving in packs. Don't mind catching a movie by myself and doing other activities alone.

That fact never bothered me but it has cost me in terms of long term friendships.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholar
What do you think the Brooklyn Nets will be like next season?

that's the thing, it not bothering me is what also cost the associates i make. its that i am often most comfortable alone, but i go through these times when i get very depressed because i don't have a single person in the real world to call (outside of some aunts).

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullupJay
Do you even lift?

How often do you fap?

Do you drink alcohol?

How often do you smoke weed?

i do Yoga For Regular Guys. once a week, but i'm trying to go cold turkey. not regularly. i sometimes like to have wine and rum in the house just in case there is a guest. i smoke every day since its the main thing that keeps me from acting on my desire to choke people and tell life to **** off, take whatever is in the bank and just move some place foreign and diogenes of sinope the rest of life.
Immortal Bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 02:55 PM   #19
Immortal Bum
Decent playground baller

Immortal Bum has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurobum
From one bum to another, my advice: consider that everything you've done so far in your life has led you to where you are now. Not happy with the results of following your intuition all these years? Do the opposite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKUvKE3bQlY

great show, great episode. i got really high and watched a lot of seinfeld. the show felt so different, like George, Jerry, and Elaine are all actually elitist pricks, but isn't flat out said, but has a lot to do with how the rest of the city treats them (hence all the drama of the show, because everyone hates them). they are all spoiled brats, and this i their life. its one of those beverly hills/laguna beach mtv teen shows if it was done right. Kramer is on public assistance, SSI or something, the poor friend jerry made that hooked him up with drugs or helped him hide a body one time. they keep Kramer around for shady shit they don't want to do.
Immortal Bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:00 PM   #20
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

Blue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal Bum
so i guess i have a habit wanting friends when i want them, then not wanting to be bothered when i don't.
You sound like a perfect friend for me. I could call you to go do something when i felt like it, and when i didn't felt like it, i know you wouldn't bother me

Put an ad on a newspaper or something. "looking for casual friends".

Shit making friends is complicated, first because most people are idiots and are a waste of time, meaningful friendships are made when you are a kid\teenager, most are just validation, people need someone to validate their life, the perpetual "look at me, look at me" hence facebook being so popular.
Second because it would be creepy going around asking strangers if they want to be your friends, works fine if you want to bang them though.

get a job, do charity work... shit try to Google "how to make friends" pretty sure you will get tons of good ideas.

Be honest, seriously be honest, don't be afraid to sound and look like a loser, see it as a filter for douchebags.
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:26 PM   #21
nathanjizzle
life is exasperating

nathanjizzle posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrynathanjizzle posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrynathanjizzle posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

find a club to join.
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:05 PM   #22
Kaspah
We hoopin?

Kaspah is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKaspah is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKaspah is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKaspah is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKaspah is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKaspah is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKaspah is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKaspah is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKaspah is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKaspah is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yikes.

Everyone has problems, but how we deal with them is what makes us who we are.

As for my question, what was your favorite video game? Also, how old are you?
Kaspah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:10 PM   #23
DMV2
Keep on Rockin in...

DMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

You had friends in the past, maybe even a best friend or two. And as time went by, they grew well along into society's standard of lifestyle. Wife, kids, family, good work, etc.

You on the other hand is struggling in life. Struggling to get out of that teen-to-adulthood bridge that you're stuck on. You feel ashamed, you feel inferior so you purposely disconnect yourself from your inner-circle friends.

My advice is to work on your personal issues, and try to reconnect with your old friends. They'll forgive you and still support you because they're your best friends.
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:08 PM   #24
ReturnofJPR
Mirotic: Euro MVP '13

ReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this board

Getting high will isolate you, it's the most selfish thing to do..

You'd have more confidence, money, and motivation if you didnt do drugs.
ReturnofJPR is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: