Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-22-2013, 07:58 AM   #31
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: If/when Facebook dies

It's usage is definitely dwindling, but I don't think it'll ever die because it smartly hooked itself into login data on other sites. At this point I'd say my facebook account mostly exists to log into various accounts, like my ESPN insider account, and the like, and into phone apps. It's also basically replaced my email for genuine email, not shopping/shipping receipts or spam. But the Private messaging is basically my personal email at this point.
Thorpesaurous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:07 PM   #32
shaq2000
mde

shaq2000 has decent reputationshaq2000 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeFromDust
Facebook fails at the fundamentals of Web design, i.e. Don't let your pages vertically scroll. Every page should be designed to fit one vertical screen.

Umm, no...
shaq2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:25 PM   #33
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Maybe its usage is dying now because now that everyone has gotten on and said hello to their old high school acquaintances there is nothing left to talk about.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:50 PM   #34
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

wow, I just decided to do a little Googling around to see if it was dying and...

http://bgr.com/2013/04/29/facebook-m...l-2013-472500/

Quote:
Study claims Facebook has lost 6 million U.S. visitors in just one month

Facebook isn’t in any danger of experiencing a MySpace-style implosion anytime soon, but that doesn’t mean the social networking giant isn’t in danger of seeing its clout slowly erode over time. The Guardian reports that a new study from SocialBakers shows that Facebook lost around 6 million visitors in the United States in just the last month alone, which represents a 4% decline of its total user base. The most recent drop in American Facebook visitors is part of a sustained decline, since SocialBakers estimates that the social networking site has seen a drop of around 9 million visitors over the past six months. The good news for Facebook is that its own photo-sharing social network Instagram has apparently picked up the slack and has “seen surges in popularity with younger age groups.”

Facebook lost 4% of their user base, 6 million users, just this past month...April

that seems really serious to me...wow, people are actually leaving FB

also there is this:

http://www.businessweek.com/articles...-out-marketers

Quote:
Facebook Fatigue Among Teens Should Freak Out Marketers

Uh oh. Teens are growing tired of Facebook (FB) and YouTube (GOOG), new research (pdf) shows, a falling-out that has the potential to trigger a wide-ranging effect on retail, fashion, gaming, and other youth-oriented industries.

According to Piper Jaffray (PJC), while Facebook and YouTube are still considered the most important social media destination for teens, their popularity among this fickle demographic has fallen precipitously since this time last year, as the chart below indicates. (The cold-shoulder treatment may be because so many parents and grannies seem, creepily, to be all over Facebook these days.)

Teens are leaving FB now, because everyone's parents are now on it
Old 07-22-2013, 01:55 PM   #35
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

FB is shrinking rapidly, while Twitter is growing

Google + also growing
Old 07-22-2013, 02:07 PM   #36
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersmashbros
A better question would be this:

what would case facebook to die? I don't see it happening anytime in the next 5 years. Maybe in another 10 years when there is a huge para dime shift, but overall at the current moment, I don't think this is happening.

I use facebook alot but I never ever publicly post any personal info on it. Hell I don't even use my real name on it. And signed up to it with a fake email address. Still my real world friends add me on it because they recognize me by my first name and my facebook profile picture of my handsome face :-)

People said the same thing about Friendster and then Myspace. It will be replaced by something.
DeuceWallaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:43 PM   #37
Bosnian Sajo
(-_-)(X_X)BB(9_9)(^_^)

Bosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I guess it depends on where you live, but here in Florida FB has been dead for about a year now. Everyone has moved on to Twitter and Instagram.
Bosnian Sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:47 PM   #38
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

After reading around what it looks like to me is that FB is losing popularity and users because it has taken on a formal family setting full of parents and grandparents and people are heading over to Twitter and other places where they can act like jackasses without the entire family tree watching. Parents and grandparents haven't taken to Twitter and others yet.
Old 07-22-2013, 02:51 PM   #39
Bobcats2013
Warriors NBA Champs 15

Bobcats2013 has decent reputationBobcats2013 has decent reputation

Twitter is such an amazing innovation like Youtube. Don't see either of them dying anytime soon. Both will get bigger.
Bobcats2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:03 PM   #40
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
After reading around what it looks like to me is that FB is losing popularity and users because it has taken on a formal family setting full of parents and grandparents and people are heading over to Twitter and other places where they can act like jackasses without the entire family tree watching. Parents and grandparents haven't taken to Twitter and others yet.
Yeah, joining FB means you are giving away your privacy totally, and most people didn't even know that when they joined. The massive trap works.
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:45 PM   #41
Wally450
A Paul Heyman Guy

Wally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputation

I don't get what all the hooplah is about Twitter. I have Facebook and Twitter and I prefer Facebook 7 days of the week. Twitter all you can do is post a tweet, whats so cool about that?
Wally450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:55 PM   #42
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally450
I don't get what all the hooplah is about Twitter. I have Facebook and Twitter and I prefer Facebook 7 days of the week. Twitter all you can do is post a tweet, whats so cool about that?
I think it is just like FB but simplified...followers are like friends and posting a tweet or image is like posting a comment on FB.

It's got big differences obviously but I think the general concept of it is very similar to FB for the most part.

Twitter is also where all the celebs and athletes are...if I want to know what Dez Bryant did today in training camp he might have something to say about it, I can just look at his profile.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:57 PM   #43
Goldrush25
Local High School Star

Goldrush25 has decent reputation

First thing that came to mind for me was how does it affect Zuckerburg's wealth status?
Goldrush25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:29 PM   #44
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

ErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat coolErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE
I downloaded that like 3 years ago.

Never understood it, not even a little bit, had no clue how it worked or what it was supposed to be.

Gave up within an hour. None of my coworkers could figure it out either.
google plus is so dead our IT department doesnt even ban blocking it unlike facebook hehehe.
ErhnamDjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:44 PM   #45
Dresta
BANNED!!!!

Dresta has an OK reputation so far

Twitter needs to die too. Just what is the point, seriously?
Dresta is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: