Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2013, 10:39 PM   #1
Jameerthefear
Paid shill
 
Jameerthefear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Swimming in cash
Posts: 40,688
Default Autistic Kid Gets Mad Over Cole Line

Then makes a really weak rhyme and puts it on WSHH. I understand why he would be offended though.

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/video...849NL2f3LB34Ek

The line was:"I'm undoubtedly the hottest and that's just me bein' modest Go check the numbers dummy, that's just me gettin' started I'm artistic, you ni**as is autistic, retarded"

What do you think ISH? He's already put out an apology.
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:58 PM   #2
ace23
*****
 
ace23's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 10,241
Default Re: Autistic Kid Gets Mad Over Cole Line

The dude killed it.
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:59 PM   #3
Jameerthefear
Paid shill
 
Jameerthefear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Swimming in cash
Posts: 40,688
Default Re: Autistic Kid Gets Mad Over Cole Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
The dude killed it.
What?? That was weak
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:22 PM   #4
Peteballa
Go Gators
 
Peteballa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Gainesville
Posts: 2,337
Default Re: Autistic Kid Gets Mad Over Cole Line

The replies

Quote:
Top 5 autistic rappers

1.) Gucci Mane

2.) French Montana

3.) Future

4.) Chief Keef

5.) 50 Tyson

Quote:
NWA = n1ggas With Autism
Peteballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:37 PM   #5
Batz
Shit just got serious
 
Batz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 14,161
Default Re: Autistic Kid Gets Mad Over Cole Line

Neat.
Batz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:41 PM   #6
CelticBaller
You mad?
 
CelticBaller's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: CT, GOATLAND
Posts: 15,181
Default Re: Autistic Kid Gets Mad Over Cole Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peteballa
The replies
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:01 AM   #7
KNOW1EDGE
OREGrOwN
 
KNOW1EDGE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: 'murica
Posts: 4,937
Default Re: Autistic Kid Gets Mad Over Cole Line

I don't get why Cole would come back and apologize??

He didn't know it was offensive when he wrote it??

Hes back-pedaling.

Stand by your lyrics, youll never catch Eminem apologizing for saying f@ggot, queer, retard of any of that sh1t.

No apology needed.
KNOW1EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:07 AM   #8
StocktonFan
Banned
 
StocktonFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 781
Default Re: Autistic Kid Gets Mad Over Cole Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE
I don't get why Cole would come back and apologize??

He didn't know it was offensive when he wrote it??

Hes back-pedaling.

Stand by your lyrics, youll never catch Eminem apologizing for saying f@ggot, queer, retard of any of that sh1t.

No apology needed.


Dude, the difference between what Em was doing and what Cole said is signficant... back in the 90's and early 2000's words like ******, queer etc. were used commonly and its usage in slang had no association to being a homosexual.

But calling out an autistic person is ****ed up in any era IMO.
StocktonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:11 AM   #9
KNOW1EDGE
OREGrOwN
 
KNOW1EDGE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: 'murica
Posts: 4,937
Default Re: Autistic Kid Gets Mad Over Cole Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by StocktonFan
Dude, the difference between what Em was doing and what Cole said is signficant... back in the 90's and early 2000's words like ******, queer etc. were used commonly and its usage in slang had no association to being a homosexual.

But calling out an autistic person is ****ed up in any era IMO.

F@ggot and queer had no association with being gay? WTF are you talking about?? It was a derogatory term, used to put people down. Em called people f@ggot, queer etc etc that weren't homosexual as a way to make fun of them. you think gay people didn't take offense to that? the f*ck?

How was Cole "calling out an autistic person?" He did the SAME EXACT thing Eminem did, he used a term to make fun of someone. He wasn't calling out an autistic person.
KNOW1EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:00 AM   #10
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1
 
andgar923's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 17,066
Default Re: Autistic Kid Gets Mad Over Cole Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE
I don't get why Cole would come back and apologize??

He didn't know it was offensive when he wrote it??

Hes back-pedaling.

Stand by your lyrics, youll never catch Eminem apologizing for saying f@ggot, queer, retard of any of that sh1t.

No apology needed.

I have a co-worker who's nephew is autistic, she was hurt and emotional about this. She explained that in many ways it isn't different than if a white person saying "N*gger".

It's a term that's used to demean people, no different than 'n*gger' itself.

So I can understand the uproar.

I think 50 went through something similar in which he used the word 'retarded' or something when he got flooded with complaints. He received pictures of autistic kids and people with down syndrome and he apologized and donated to autism.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:17 AM   #11
KNOW1EDGE
OREGrOwN
 
KNOW1EDGE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: 'murica
Posts: 4,937
Default Re: Autistic Kid Gets Mad Over Cole Line

I def understand why it is offensive. And I agree that it is offensive.

My only point is, didn't J.Cole know it was offensive when he wrote the lyric? Why put it out there, knowing it is offensive, only to back-pedal and apologize for it when people complain(which he had to have known people would not like it)

At least be like Eminem, and if you say f*cked up stuff, stand behind it, don't apologize, if anything explain that you aren't really attacking gay people(or in j.coles case mentally handicapped people)but just trying to diss somebody and get a rise out of sensitive people.

I am both a J.Cole fan and Eminem fan. And I used to work in a foster home for adults with developmental disabilities(one kid who loved Eminem)lol
KNOW1EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:48 AM   #12
Jameerthefear
Paid shill
 
Jameerthefear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Swimming in cash
Posts: 40,688
Default Re: Autistic Kid Gets Mad Over Cole Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE
I def understand why it is offensive. And I agree that it is offensive.

My only point is, didn't J.Cole know it was offensive when he wrote the lyric? Why put it out there, knowing it is offensive, only to back-pedal and apologize for it when people complain(which he had to have known people would not like it)

At least be like Eminem, and if you say f*cked up stuff, stand behind it, don't apologize, if anything explain that you aren't really attacking gay people(or in j.coles case mentally handicapped people)but just trying to diss somebody and get a rise out of sensitive people.

I am both a J.Cole fan and Eminem fan. And I used to work in a foster home for adults with developmental disabilities(one kid who loved Eminem)lol
Yeah it is kind of weird for him to flip-flop on this one. Granted, he didn't change the line on Born Sinner - Villuminati "And I don't mean no disrespect whenever I say fa**ot, okay ****ot?"
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:56 AM   #13
Jameerthefear
Paid shill
 
Jameerthefear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Swimming in cash
Posts: 40,688
Default Re: Autistic Kid Gets Mad Over Cole Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
Yeah it is kind of weird for him to flip-flop on this one. Granted, he didn't change the line on Born Sinner - Villuminati "And I don't mean no disrespect whenever I say fa**ot, okay ****ot?"
Also Knowledge it WAS a freestyle. So he didn't write it out or anything.
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:59 AM   #14
KNOW1EDGE
OREGrOwN
 
KNOW1EDGE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: 'murica
Posts: 4,937
Default Re: Autistic Kid Gets Mad Over Cole Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
Yeah it is kind of weird for him to flip-flop on this one. Granted, he didn't change the line on Born Sinner - Villuminati "And I don't mean no disrespect whenever I say fa**ot, okay ****ot?"

Exactly. I just don't get him backing off his statement, and then saying something like that in his latest album.

When people use words like f@ggot, queer, retard etc etc...

....they aren't intending to disrespect gay people, or mentally disabled people, it is intended to disrespect the person they are referring to, because whether you want to admit it or not, it isn't cool or admirable to be gay or retarded.

I had a teacher with a mentally handicapped son, and if anyone said retard, she would literally get upset to the point of tears, I never understood it, like come on lady, this has nothing to do with your son, or "retards" it has to do with kids insulting kids.
KNOW1EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:07 AM   #15
joe
College superstar
 
joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,650
Default Re: Autistic Kid Gets Mad Over Cole Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE
Exactly. I just don't get him backing off his statement, and then saying something like that in his latest album.

When people use words like f@ggot, queer, retard etc etc...

....they aren't intending to disrespect gay people, or mentally disabled people, it is intended to disrespect the person they are referring to, because whether you want to admit it or not, it isn't cool or admirable to be gay or retarded.

I had a teacher with a mentally handicapped son, and if anyone said retard, she would literally get upset to the point of tears, I never understood it, like come on lady, this has nothing to do with your son, or "retards" it has to do with kids insulting kids.

It's insulting because it shows that you think retarded or gay people are "not admirable," in your own words. To call someone a retard is to say that retards are lesser beings, so much lesser that it's an insult to be labeled one. I don't get, how you don't get it.
joe is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:47 AM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy