Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-22-2013, 02:59 AM   #16
KNOW1EDGE
AKA MUGGSY

KNOW1EDGE has decent reputationKNOW1EDGE has decent reputation
Default Re: Autistic Kid Gets Mad Over Cole Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
Yeah it is kind of weird for him to flip-flop on this one. Granted, he didn't change the line on Born Sinner - Villuminati "And I don't mean no disrespect whenever I say fa**ot, okay ****ot?"

Exactly. I just don't get him backing off his statement, and then saying something like that in his latest album.

When people use words like f@ggot, queer, retard etc etc...

....they aren't intending to disrespect gay people, or mentally disabled people, it is intended to disrespect the person they are referring to, because whether you want to admit it or not, it isn't cool or admirable to be gay or retarded.

I had a teacher with a mentally handicapped son, and if anyone said retard, she would literally get upset to the point of tears, I never understood it, like come on lady, this has nothing to do with your son, or "retards" it has to do with kids insulting kids.
KNOW1EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:07 AM   #17
joe
College superstar

joe has a terrific reputationjoe has a terrific reputationjoe has a terrific reputationjoe has a terrific reputationjoe has a terrific reputationjoe has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE
Exactly. I just don't get him backing off his statement, and then saying something like that in his latest album.

When people use words like f@ggot, queer, retard etc etc...

....they aren't intending to disrespect gay people, or mentally disabled people, it is intended to disrespect the person they are referring to, because whether you want to admit it or not, it isn't cool or admirable to be gay or retarded.

I had a teacher with a mentally handicapped son, and if anyone said retard, she would literally get upset to the point of tears, I never understood it, like come on lady, this has nothing to do with your son, or "retards" it has to do with kids insulting kids.

It's insulting because it shows that you think retarded or gay people are "not admirable," in your own words. To call someone a retard is to say that retards are lesser beings, so much lesser that it's an insult to be labeled one. I don't get, how you don't get it.
joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:10 AM   #18
KNOW1EDGE
AKA MUGGSY

KNOW1EDGE has decent reputationKNOW1EDGE has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe
It's insulting because it shows that you think retarded or gay people are "not admirable," in your own words. To call someone a retard is to say that retards are lesser beings, so much lesser that it's an insult to be labeled one. I don't get, how you don't get it.

I get how people would find it offensive. I don't get why my teacher would get THAT upset over a child using the word "retard"

And it is widely accepted that it is not cool or admirable to be gay or retarded.

No one said anything about being lesser beings, but if you want to address that, then yes, handicapped people are quite obviously lesser beings. IE they cant do as much, they do LESS.
KNOW1EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:24 AM   #19
OhNoTimNoSho
Your King

OhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation here

I think someone needs a hug.

I understand being autistic isn't easy, but that guy needs to get the sand out of his vag. Society is getting so pussified its ridiculous.
OhNoTimNoSho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:40 AM   #20
Jameerthefear
Banned

Jameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Looking at the comments on that petition they started, it seems thug is the new word for n*gger. If they did their research they'd know that Cole is far from a thug.
Jameerthefear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:50 PM   #21
c3z4r
resident lurker

c3z4r is a pretty well-respected posterc3z4r is a pretty well-respected posterc3z4r is a pretty well-respected posterc3z4r is a pretty well-respected poster

Wasn't this a freestyle?
c3z4r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:51 PM   #22
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

I'm pretty sure there's a few autistic posters on this board.
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:53 PM   #23
Jameerthefear
Banned

Jameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3z4r
Wasn't this a freestyle?
Yeah.
Jameerthefear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:04 PM   #24
Psycho
Banned

Psycho has a bad reputationPsycho has a bad reputationPsycho has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhNoTimNoSho
I think someone needs a hug.

I understand being autistic isn't easy, but that guy needs to get the sand out of his vag. Society is getting so pussified its ridiculous.

Hey dude, I've volunteered at a program dedicated to helping autistic kids, and what that guy was saying was hyperbolic, but definitely true. It's tough as shit being autistic, you have to work 10 times harder to communicate with people, and there will be people who enjoy putting you down or don't understand you and hate you.

It's really not cool to use the word autistic as an insult, and people should be upset if something that is such a big part of their life and constantly puts a target on their back is ridiculed. It would be much more pussified to just stand there and take it than to actually make a response to the rapper. The guy who made this video had some serious guts.
Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:22 PM   #25
OhNoTimNoSho
Your King

OhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho
Hey dude, I've volunteered at a program dedicated to helping autistic kids, and what that guy was saying was hyperbolic, but definitely true. It's tough as shit being autistic, you have to work 10 times harder to communicate with people, and there will be people who enjoy putting you down or don't understand you and hate you.

It's really not cool to use the word autistic as an insult, and people should be upset if something that is such a big part of their life and constantly puts a target on their back is ridiculed. It would be much more pussified to just stand there and take it than to actually make a response to the rapper. The guy who made this video had some serious guts.
I do not deny the difficulty of being autistic and also commend him for standing up and making a video and posting it on a public domain, that takes balls. But reacting to something some rapper said, who intended absolutely nothing personal to you when he said it is not cool. People say shit all the time, having an emotional reaction to something like that will only make his life more difficult. People say shit. Thats just the world. Calling someone retarted or autistic is used as an insult. Its just how it is. He needs to learn how to deal with it. It has nothing to do with him.
OhNoTimNoSho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:03 PM   #26
Psycho
Banned

Psycho has a bad reputationPsycho has a bad reputationPsycho has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhNoTimNoSho
I do not deny the difficulty of being autistic and also commend him for standing up and making a video and posting it on a public domain, that takes balls. But reacting to something some rapper said, who intended absolutely nothing personal to you when he said it is not cool. People say shit all the time, having an emotional reaction to something like that will only make his life more difficult. People say shit. Thats just the world. Calling someone retarted or autistic is used as an insult. Its just how it is. He needs to learn how to deal with it. It has nothing to do with him.

But if you do confront it, language can change. It, in fact, changes constantly. n1gger is no longer a word that is accepted in a formal setting, while it had been in the past. This kid doesn't want to sit around and let the world piss on him, he wants to change it. That is his way of dealing with it. I respect that.
Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:27 PM   #27
HarryCallahan
Banned

HarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
I have a co-worker who's nephew is autistic, she was hurt and emotional about this. She explained that in many ways it isn't different than if a white person saying "N*gger".

It's a term that's used to demean people, no different than 'n*gger' itself.

So I can understand the uproar.

I think 50 went through something similar in which he used the word 'retarded' or something when he got flooded with complaints. He received pictures of autistic kids and people with down syndrome and he apologized and donated to autism.

You need to slap the sh!t out of that b!tch or tell me where she stays so I can.
"Autistic" is a clinical term, doctors use it to describe a medical condition. "N!gger" is a pejorative term for black person, racists use it to put-down black people.

If she can't see the difference then she is a stupid cunt.
HarryCallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: