Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-22-2013, 01:17 PM   #46
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Scarface/Tony Montana and Black People

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
he was just an overly protective brother. Manny was a known man whore and he didn't want his sister to end up as one of Manny's conquests. if his sister and manny had come to Tony ahead of time and explained that they were actually in love i doubt Tony would have reacted the way he did.

I would also agree with this answer... Seems tony montana was like alot of older brothers/dad type figures. He had that attitude where he was gonna do dirt, but he was gonna try and keep Gina away from it.. He even tried to make some good use of his money by trying to give it to his mother...

you know old cliche where the rich criminal tries to make amends by trying to put his money to good use..

He was just fanatical about keeping Gina pure.. He would have trouble with any dude, but no way in hell would let Manny have her..
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:21 PM   #47
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
he was just an overly protective brother. Manny was a known man whore and he didn't want his sister to end up as one of Manny's conquests. if his sister and manny had come to Tony ahead of time and explained that they were actually in love i doubt Tony would have reacted the way he did.
Thank you. You saved me from having to write it myself. But I would also like to add that Tony didn't have anyone that loved him except his sister. So naturally he's going to be over protective of her. Especially when you throw in his 'gangsta' mentality.

Lol@incest. You guys couldn't be more wrong.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:32 PM   #48
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
Thank you. You saved me from having to write it myself. But I would also like to add that Tony didn't have anyone that loved him except his sister. So naturally he's going to be over protective of her. Especially when you throw in his 'gangsta' mentality.

Lol@incest. You guys couldn't be more wrong.

yup.. he tries to protect her and he destroys her and his only other friend Manny in the process..

The classic character.... Everything he touches turns to sh*t, no matter what his intent..

his momma was right about him
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:36 PM   #49
Ass Dan
LOL Maker, Intraweb

Ass Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca$H
Why do black people like/revere scarface/tony montana so much?

underdog who made it to the top and didn't give a single solitary f*ck.

moved more bricks than almost anyone.

the hook however, is we see the ennui and the sadness that making it to the top gets us. you get what you always wanted but things end up worse.

also, great f*cking lines in that movie, the Geto Boys owe their rap career to Tony Montana.
Ass Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:48 PM   #50
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

AlphaWolf24 is considered somewhat coolAlphaWolf24 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca$H
Denzel in traning day should replace Tony Montana for black people. Young Italians should become Tony Montana stans.

Tony Montana was cuban....

not that it matters.....only the ignorant/uneducated use an imaginary " Race" element to find a common bond.
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:51 PM   #51
Dresta
BANNED!!!!

Dresta posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDresta posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDresta posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Just look at the expression on Montana's face when he first sees his sister. It is blatant. In the original the incestuousness was more overt, but they obviously dialled it back in this one because otherwise the film wouldn't have as many fanboys.
Dresta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:02 PM   #52
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dresta
Just look at the expression on Montana's face when he first sees his sister. It is blatant. In the original the incestuousness was more overt, but they obviously dialled it back in this one because otherwise the film wouldn't have as many fanboys.

They didn't dial it back. They changed it completely to overprotectiveness with a hint of possible incest just to give it a little texture to make the audience wonder about their past.

Tony is oddly close to his sister. I'll give you that, but Rasheed1's short description is perfect. He's simply fanatical about keeping her pure.
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:04 PM   #53
Goldrush25
Local High School Star

Goldrush25 has decent reputation

Horray for sweeping generalizations!

I'm black, I've tried watching Scarface at least 3 times. I thought it was boring, never could get past 30 minutes in. I guess I've seen Al Pacino in more believable roles before I watched that movie so I never bought that dumb accent.
Goldrush25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:20 PM   #54
MavsSuperFan
NBA rookie of the year

MavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade8780
Honeydew melon >>> Watermelon

this is inaccurate

1.watermelon
2. orange
3. pear
4. grapes
5. apples

XX. honeydew
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:25 PM   #55
MavsSuperFan
NBA rookie of the year

MavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
I would also agree with this answer... Seems tony montana was like alot of older brothers/dad type figures. He had that attitude where he was gonna do dirt, but he was gonna try and keep Gina away from it.. He even tried to make some good use of his money by trying to give it to his mother...

you know old cliche where the rich criminal tries to make amends by trying to put his money to good use..

He was just fanatical about keeping Gina pure.. He would have trouble with any dude, but no way in hell would let Manny have her..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4GsCEopbd4
dude didnt do a good job then.
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:43 PM   #56
DMV2
Keep on Rockin in...

DMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandito
Why do white people like Mayonnaise and peanut butter so much?
Mayo is the shit, man. And I'm not even white.

I like PB and bread when I ain't got nothing else to eat.

I think it's more of a poor people thing than white people thing.
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:47 PM   #57
dude77
NBA lottery pick

dude77 has decent reputation

Quote:
If Tony didn't kill Manny this shit didn't Happened.

funny and true

as for Gina .. damn she looked great here .. that face
dude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:57 PM   #58
Dresta
BANNED!!!!

Dresta posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDresta posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDresta posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
They didn't dial it back. They changed it completely to overprotectiveness with a hint of possible incest just to give it a little texture to make the audience wonder about their past.

Tony is oddly close to his sister. I'll give you that, but Rasheed1's short description is perfect. He's simply fanatical about keeping her pure.
Yeah, but for himself.
Dresta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:21 PM   #59
DropStep
Good High School Starter

DropStep has decent reputation

Its not just black people, its everyone.

There is a reason why movies and shows like Breaking Bad, Godfather, Scarface,The Wire and Goodfellas have success. Everyone wants to be and watch the guy sitting at the top.
DropStep is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: