Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-26-2013, 02:36 AM   #1
CanYouDigIt
Banned

CanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this boardCanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this boardCanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this boardCanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this boardCanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this boardCanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Biggest Sleeper Team: 2013-2014 Season

For me, Minnesota Timberwolves

CanYouDigIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:40 AM   #2
KNOW1EDGE
AKA MUGGSY

KNOW1EDGE is starting to rub some people the wrong wayKNOW1EDGE is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Biggest Sleeper Team: 2013-2014 Season

They don't have a legit 3.

And they have one of the worst benches in the league.

They have the potential to make the playoffs, and I think everybody would agree. I don't really see anyone sleeping on them, people expect them to do well.

Bobcats are a true sleeper, I don't think anyone expects them to be competitive, but I think the progression of some of the young guys and the addition of Al Jefferson could potentially get them into the playoffs.

New Orleans is another potential sleeper, but I think everyone has noticed the moves they made and they are expected to be in the conversation for a playoff spot
KNOW1EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:42 AM   #3
Inferno
chill

Inferno has an incredible reputation hereInferno has an incredible reputation hereInferno has an incredible reputation hereInferno has an incredible reputation hereInferno has an incredible reputation hereInferno has an incredible reputation hereInferno has an incredible reputation here

IMO the Blazers are up there too...there starting 5 last year could keep up with most any other team's starters, especially when any one of them (usually Aldridge or Lillard) got hot. Now they have an actual (decent - good) bench to backup their starters, unlike last year's bench which averaged 6 points less than the second worst bench in the league and at around 30% FG and 20% 3P...

PG: Lillard / McCollum (good scorer and Bball IQ) / Watson (veteran PG/mentor)
SG: Matthews / Barton (might have a breakout season) / Crabbe
SF: Batum / Wright (good scorer + defender off the bench) / Claver
PF: Aldridge / Robinson (great rebounder and a lot of upside) / Freeland
C: Lopez / Leonard (well...he might improve his defense)

Many people are still putting them around 9th-10th seed, but I say they make the playoffs.

Bobcats are another team too. They have a solid roster now.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:48 AM   #4
CanYouDigIt
Banned

CanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this boardCanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this boardCanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this boardCanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this boardCanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this boardCanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno
IMO the Blazers are up there too...there starting 5 last year could keep up with most any other team's starters, especially when any one of them (usually Aldridge or Lillard) got hot. Now they have an actual (decent - good) bench to backup their starters, unlike last year's bench which averaged 6 points less than the second worst bench in the league and at around 30% FG and 20% 3P...

PG: Lillard / McCollum (good scorer and Bball IQ) / Watson (veteran PG/mentor)
SG: Matthews / Barton (might have a breakout season) / Crabbe
SF: Batum / Wright (good scorer + defender off the bench) / Claver
PF: Aldridge / Robinson (great rebounder and a lot of upside) / Freeland
C: Lopez / Leonard (well...he might improve his defense)

Many people are still putting them around 9th-10th seed, but I say they make the playoffs.

Bobcats are another team too. They have a solid roster now.

I like this year's Blazers' squad. Hopefully Aldridge can find some new hope in this team and stick with the Blazers for years to come.
CanYouDigIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:54 AM   #5
tikay0
Banned

tikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong waytikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

The Bulls. This is the year we get our 7th title.
tikay0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:55 AM   #6
SpurrDurr
Local High School Star

SpurrDurr has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE
They don't have a legit 3.

And they have one of the worst benches in the league.

They have the potential to make the playoffs, and I think everybody would agree. I don't really see anyone sleeping on them, people expect them to do well.

Bobcats are a true sleeper, I don't think anyone expects them to be competitive, but I think the progression of some of the young guys and the addition of Al Jefferson could potentially get them into the playoffs.

New Orleans is another potential sleeper, but I think everyone has noticed the moves they made and they are expected to be in the conversation for a playoff spot

They don't have a bad bench at all, in fact is quite good.

Barea, Shved, Brewer, Shabazz, Williams isn't bad at all.

Their biggest problem is that none except Williams play good defense and their best players are always injued, that's why in my opinion they ll have a hard time landing an eventual 6th-8th seed.
SpurrDurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:01 AM   #7
KNOW1EDGE
AKA MUGGSY

KNOW1EDGE is starting to rub some people the wrong wayKNOW1EDGE is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpurrDurr
They don't have a bad bench at all, in fact is quite good.

Barea, Shved, Brewer, Shabazz, Williams isn't bad at all.

Their biggest problem is that none except Williams play good defense and their best players are always injued, that's why in my opinion they ll have a hard time landing an eventual 6th-8th seed.

Okay def not the worst, but not a good enough bench to get you into the playoffs IMO.

Barea is not an impact player, he does nothing but "not screw up" Shved is a shooter, Brewer is mediocre, Shabazz is a rookie who will struggle, Williams is a good player who just hasn't really got a chance, I think hes the best player on their bench.

I like the Wolves though, K Love is one of my fav players. Hopefully him and Rubio can stay healthy.
KNOW1EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:33 AM   #8
T-Time3
always Showtime

T-Time3 has decent reputation

Sac-Town baby. a lotta role player that can step up albeit inconsistently
T-Time3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:39 AM   #9
Kaspah
We hoopin?

Kaspah is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKaspah is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKaspah is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKaspah is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKaspah is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKaspah is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKaspah is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKaspah is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikay0

We're projected to be top 1-3 seed, no ones sleeping on us.

Kaspah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:45 AM   #10
leMVP
Alpha ♂

leMVP has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikay0

leMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:53 AM   #11
Kaspah
We hoopin?

Kaspah is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKaspah is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKaspah is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKaspah is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKaspah is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKaspah is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKaspah is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKaspah is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by leMVP

Dat trollin
Kaspah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:00 AM   #12
Legends66NBA7
Birds of a Feather

Legends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Toronto Raptors.

Defensively, have a very good frontcourt rotation. Improved outside shooting and depth. Going to be a tough team to beat this coming year, especially if Jonas and Amir continue to improve together.

Probably make the playoffs, 5th seed at the highest, though it might
be a reach.
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:08 AM   #13
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanYouDigIt
For me, Minnesota Timberwolves

1. Has Pekovic re-signed yet? I don't believe he has.

2. Will Kevin Love stay healthy? That's a pretty legit question at this point.

The team that stays healthy is going to be the sleeper. The Cavs could be that team. So could the Wizards.
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:11 AM   #14
Rekindled
Pringles Reborn

Rekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

portland will definitely make it to the playoffs baring major injury. they were on pace to make it last year before all the injury hit and they had by far the worst bench in the nba.
Rekindled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:24 AM   #15
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

SilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Heat
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: