Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-28-2013, 08:08 PM   #1
kkinchen
High school junior varsity star

kkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Brandon Jennings still needs a job

Is there a way we can get him? Maybe we should dump Nash and offer Jennings a contract and go for it all this year.

Jennings/farmar/Blake
Bryant/Meeks/Seth curry
Young/Johnson/Harris
Gasol/c. villanueva/Kelly
Kaman/hill /sacre
kkinchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 11:48 PM   #2
ssandman
Can barely lace up my sneakers

ssandman has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Brandon Jennings still needs a job

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkinchen
Is there a way we can get him? Maybe we should dump Nash and offer Jennings a contract and go for it all this year.

Jennings/farmar/Blake
Bryant/Meeks/Seth curry
Young/Johnson/Harris
Kaman/hill /sacre

Great idea, He is a Kobe fan so he is compatible with Kobe, I think. But Lakers has to give him a big contract...
ssandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 04:23 PM   #3
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

C'mon now fellas.
Jennings isn't taking us to the promise land. Jennings needs to go to a place that has its culture established. Like the spurs, with defense and professionalism so that you can maximize what you get from BJ and lower the risks.

He's good, chucks a lot, but he is good. There's a reason why he hasn't got his contract and why teams aren't running up to sign him. I wouldn't give him anything beyond a 1 yr
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 04:40 PM   #4
kkinchen

kkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this board

But he is much much better than a 40 year old steve nash. It would be nice to have two young, athletic point guards on our roster in today's NBA.
Old 07-29-2013, 05:09 PM   #5
Bosnian Sajo
(-_-)(X_X)BB(9_9)(^_^)

Bosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He's worth more than anyone can offer atm, that's his problem. I would love to have him on our team but with not even the MLE available I don't see why he would want to sign for our team.
Bosnian Sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 06:52 PM   #6
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:

Jennings/farmar/Blake
Bryant/Meeks/Seth curry
Young/Johnson/Harris
Kaman/hill /sacre

to the lottery you mean?

Jose calderon has 4/29 but Jennings doesnt have a extension...this should tell you something
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:12 PM   #7
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I like Jennings but I don't see any way possible to get him. I think he's going to have to take a one year deal and become an unrestricted FA next year. I would imagine then the Lakers would look at him because they'll have money and it's doubtful someone like Melo, George, or Lebron end up here.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:11 PM   #8
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

if the lakers want him, the only possible scenario he comes here is if the bucks agree to sign & trade him here. The only player they'd take is Pau, and I am sure we do not want to give that up at this point in our off-season.

Basically, the rule to remember when the lakers pursue free agents is, if you haven't heard the rumors, it probably has never crossed the minds of management. I think the last surprise we had here in LA was when we all woke up and heard that Pau Gasol was acquired for essentially 0 of our core players.

Other than that, we talked about Dwight for two years before he came. Artest about 4 years before he came. We even talked about Chris Paul and got him before Stern crushed our hopes and dreams, and probably even set back the team another 4 years.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 11:26 PM   #9
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
if the lakers want him, the only possible scenario he comes here is if the bucks agree to sign & trade him here. The only player they'd take is Pau, and I am sure we do not want to give that up at this point in our off-season.

Basically, the rule to remember when the lakers pursue free agents is, if you haven't heard the rumors, it probably has never crossed the minds of management. I think the last surprise we had here in LA was when we all woke up and heard that Pau Gasol was acquired for essentially 0 of our core players.

Other than that, we talked about Dwight for two years before he came. Artest about 4 years before he came. We even talked about Chris Paul and got him before Stern crushed our hopes and dreams, and probably even set back the team another 4 years.

lakers cant accept a S&T player in any trade. if they could they would have gone for much better options...
Old 07-30-2013, 08:48 PM   #10
kkinchen

I guess that's not happening anyways since Detroit just picked up Jennings. I guess we're going to have to just make due with what we have. Maybe we'll pick up Barbosa and CDR and play a lot of smallball this year.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:59 PM   #11
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I like the deal that Detroit got him at too. 3 years 24 million and they didn't give up much in the trade.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:34 PM   #12
longtime lurker

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Jennings could do well on the Lakers, but he's not worth blowing up capspace for.
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:30 PM   #13
kkinchen

I would like for the Lakers to take a look at Seth Curry and maybe Charlie Villuneva and Al Harrington.

Last edited by kkinchen : 07-31-2013 at 10:36 PM.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:33 PM   #14
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Quote:
I would like for the Lakers to take a look at Seth Curry and maybe Charlie Villuneva and Al Harrington.

I looked at all of them and nobody is good...moving on....

u know Chalie Villuneva is under contract with the pistons? ans so is Al Harrington with Magic?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: