Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 08-05-2013, 11:51 PM   #31
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Pistons Trade For Brandon Jennings

I think I mentioned before that it feels like the Pistons still need to make that one more move. Well, this was in the rumors today:

Quote:
Just because the Pistons acquired Brandon Jennings in a sign-and-trade deal with the Bucks doesn’t mean they’ve lost interest in Rajon Rondo. In fact, they could eventually use Jennings as a trade chip and seek to acquire Rondo. There are going to be several interested parties in Rondo, and that number could increase when he shows he’s fully recovered from anterior cruciate ligament surgery. Boston Globe

Interesting. I think Rondo is definitely a better PG. He still can't shoot outside either, but he gets to the rim well and creates as good as anyone.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:48 AM   #32
Aussie Dunker
Local High School Star

Aussie Dunker has decent reputationAussie Dunker has decent reputation

Monroe + Jennings + Big expiring contract (Charlie)

for

Rondo + Green

??

Dre
Smith
Green
KCP
Rondo

Rangey, defensive and the pick and roll potential mannnnnn

Never gonna happen
Aussie Dunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:04 AM   #33
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I would really hate to see Monroe involved in a trade. He's just too good and too young.
Old 08-06-2013, 05:18 AM   #34
Aussie Dunker
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
I would really hate to see Monroe involved in a trade. He's just too good and too young.

I know mate - but if we want to get rondo.....................

I'd rather get rid of Smith personally - Want to see what the twin Towers can achieve over the next 7 years...
Old 08-06-2013, 02:55 PM   #35
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Nastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat cool

I wouldn't give up Jennings and Monroe for Rondo, but maybe Westbrook
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:15 PM   #36
ZMonkey11
YMCA Scrub

ZMonkey11 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
Monroe + Jennings + Big expiring contract (Charlie)

for

Rondo + Green

??

Dre
Smith
Green
KCP
Rondo

Rangey, defensive and the pick and roll potential mannnnnn

Never gonna happen

I think I drooled a little.
ZMonkey11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:43 PM   #37
Aussie Dunker
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMonkey11
I think I drooled a little.

One of the only trades that I would be willing to involve Monroe in....
Old 08-09-2013, 10:38 AM   #38
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

Joe Dumars wasn't looking to trade Brandon Knight when the Milwaukee Bucks came calling.

He wasn't ready to give up on the eighth overall pick in the 2011 NBA Draft despite the fact that Knight struggled during his first two seasons with the Detroit Pistons.

So it wasn't easy to send Knight to the Bucks last week along with Khris Middleston and Slava Kravtsov in exchange for point guard Brandon Jennings.

But at the same time, Dumars couldn't pass up the opportunity to get Jennings, who is two years older and has twice as much NBA experience as Knight. When Bucks general manager John Hammond said Knight was the key to the deal for Milwaukee, Dumars had no choice but to end Knight's days in Detroit.

-- Michigan Live
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:01 PM   #39
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
Joe Dumars wasn't looking to trade Brandon Knight when the Milwaukee Bucks came calling.

He wasn't ready to give up on the eighth overall pick in the 2011 NBA Draft despite the fact that Knight struggled during his first two seasons with the Detroit Pistons.

So it wasn't easy to send Knight to the Bucks last week along with Khris Middleston and Slava Kravtsov in exchange for point guard Brandon Jennings.

But at the same time, Dumars couldn't pass up the opportunity to get Jennings, who is two years older and has twice as much NBA experience as Knight. When Bucks general manager John Hammond said Knight was the key to the deal for Milwaukee, Dumars had no choice but to end Knight's days in Detroit.

-- Michigan Live

I don't believe for a second that Joe Dumars didn't give up on Knight yet..... he traded for Calderon and then was rumored to try to trade him for Rondo. I've said it a million times, they wouldn't have traded for Calderon if they had faith in Knight. I think Knight can be a decent player in the league. He has a good outside shot and we've all seen him have some good games. He's not consistent at it though and that's what will always seperate him from the really good PG's. Not every lottery pick ends up an all-star. I see him eventually being more of a 6th man.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:53 PM   #40
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Nastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat cool

I don't know if he was hellbent on getting rid of him or anything, but I think they did realize that he wasn't some sort of franchise PG or anything. To be fair on Calderon, they traded for him, but in large part to dump Prince's deal. They did end up letting Calderon walk fwiw.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: