Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 07-17-2013, 04:08 PM   #1
Twiens
lakers/raptors

Twiens is a pretty well-respected posterTwiens is a pretty well-respected posterTwiens is a pretty well-respected posterTwiens is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Wiggins wants to be a Raptor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=24eFIrSdprg

Trade everyone but Val, get it done Masai!!

says it at 2:15
Twiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:30 PM   #2
Sakkreth
Raptors/LTU/Zalgiris

Sakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Wiggins wants to be a Raptor

JV + Wiggins.

We can dream...
Sakkreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:29 PM   #3
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Man this is killing me. We have to get this guy!!
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:40 PM   #4
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Obviously it would be amazing but there's too much luck involved in getting the #1 pick. I hope the Raptors put themselves in a good position to tank and give themselves a great chance at it but if they "only" get a #2 or 3 pick then so be it. Still a great result.

If the Ratpors tank, you can't hold your breath for Wiggins and Wiggins alone. I'd be thrilled with a top 3 pick.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:15 PM   #5
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Obviously it would be amazing but there's too much luck involved in getting the #1 pick. I hope the Raptors put themselves in a good position to tank and give themselves a great chance at it but if they "only" get a #2 or 3 pick then so be it. Still a great result.

If the Ratpors tank, you can't hold your breath for Wiggins and Wiggins alone. I'd be thrilled with a top 3 pick.

With such a deep draft next year, not getting Wiggins isn't a huge loss. But at the same time, with the picks we have accumulated, I think I would give up some first rounders and some second rounders along with Derozan to get a higher pick...
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:28 AM   #6
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Low
With such a deep draft next year, not getting Wiggins isn't a huge loss. But at the same time, with the picks we have accumulated, I think I would give up some first rounders and some second rounders along with Derozan to get a higher pick...

I agree. If we end up with a decent pick in next years draft it might actually end up working out better for us. We can lock in that pick long term and throw everything we have to get Wiggins here, after his rookie contract expires.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:02 AM   #7
Grey Dawn
KG cancer to the NBA

Grey Dawn has not been impressing people

Time for Liwicke to grab a pillow and start handing out Silver those blowjobs.

That is if he and Stern still aren't sore from Gilbert.

But seriously, OF COURSE the guy says he would like to play for the Raptors, so him saying it doesn't mean anything.
Grey Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:58 PM   #8
Burgz V2
Decent college freshman

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Low

This is what I've been saying all along. Draft the best talent available and we'll have a star calibre player regardless. Pairing JV with a player like Julius Randle would be just as enticing, or drafting Marcus Smart to be the athletic PG we all know we will need to contend in the future. The possibilities are endless next year. Just hope we don't overachieve and drop out of the top 5.
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:27 PM   #9
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

^ as our team stands right now, we definitely won't be bottom 5 team in the NBA. Right now, Raptors are a fringe playoff team. As much as I want them to tank, the team as currently constructed is going to make the playoffs as a 7th/8th seed...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:03 PM   #10
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Right now I see the Raptors as a 7th seed at best, 11th at worst. Basically the worst position for a franchise to be in.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:02 AM   #11
Jballer
Local High School Star

Jballer has decent reputationJballer has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Right now I see the Raptors as a 7th seed at best, 11th at worst. Basically the worst position for a franchise to be in.

Great observation Q.

Comes down to "are we tanking or not"?

We are not tanking based on my reading of the puzzle.

I suspect the "corporate philosophy" of MLSE Management is : (1) win more (2) make the playoffs even as a marginal team and (3) bank on convincing the board of govenors to bring the All Star game to Toronto...ie. building excitment to 2016 and Team Canada (success in the Olympics?) marketed with Team Canada success (Raptors in NBA).

The next move (if any) will probably be the most telling.

I would predict that with QRich, Landry, Terrence, perhaps Derozan all available MU will actually make a move at trade deadline to improve the team.

Ironically I dont think Derozan is much in play as an asset even though there is overlap with Gays game. Gay may be here two and done - so Derozan would still seem to be the hier appartent.
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: