Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 08-03-2013, 02:01 AM   #16
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: FIFA 14 Discussion

It's kinda weird how almost all my FIFA gaming revolves around playing online, and NBA 2K is almost exclusively offline.

If FIFA someday put more emphasis into Be A Pro mode (I think that's right, can't even remember the name) I'd definitely play it. Would be cool to have to start off in a lower division club, and have to work your way up the Footballing ladder. The thing that puts me off playing is the fact you can start up at any team straightaway.

But even so, I mainly play Ultimate Team and Seasons mode.
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 02:22 PM   #17
Burgz V2
Decent college freshman

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
I dont play enough sports games to argue otherwise. Just figured Fifa was the same product just wrapped in different plastic. I have some euro guys on my friends list who try to talk me into buyin it. Always play demo but never buy the game. Just too out of touch with soccer. Could be my first soccer purchase. I've said that before tho.

Is Fifa version of My player better than 2k?

the my player online team up games in Fifa are much better. In 2K no one EVER passes.

You can't go 1 on 11, so by nature you have to have good teamwork in order to win the team up games in Fifa.

You can also join an online club or make your own if you have a lot of friends that play so it's much deeper than 2K in that regard.

If you don't care about any of that and just want to play by yourself then I would say 2K is better because there really is no incentive otherwise to pass and not hog the ball.
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 08:58 AM   #18
Shade8780
GOATin

Shade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

New gameplay video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Uls-lOkwT4

Not sure if it's current or next gen but looks good
Shade8780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:39 PM   #19
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmic †hesis
No that's NBA 2K.
FIFA is the best sports franchise video game on the planet.

What FIFA are you playing. The game stays absolutely the same with it's shitty graphics(the players look like ants on the field), horrible career mode which has regressed significantly(ie the FIFA 07 for PSP had a much deeper manger mode) and fixed gameplay(BRB CPU scores in the 90th minute out of nowhere)

FIFA is a scam and the game is awful.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:26 PM   #20
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

Anyone played demo? How y'all like it?

Doesn't seem very good to me...
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:25 PM   #21
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal99
Anyone played demo? How y'all like it?

Doesn't seem very good to me...

Seems like they've tried to make it so realistic that it's really slowed down the speed of the game. It's really hard to turn on a dime and beat defenders with skills moves and touches are heavier so far. Goalkeepers look a lot easier to beat, probably a bit more realistic. I'm not sure what to make of it yet.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 04:26 PM   #22
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
Seems like they've tried to make it so realistic that it's really slowed down the speed of the game. It's really hard to turn on a dime and beat defenders with skills moves and touches are heavier so far. Goalkeepers look a lot easier to beat, probably a bit more realistic. I'm not sure what to make of it yet.
First things I noticed, couldn't get past defenders with Reus. Looks like they improved finesse shot and I scored quite a few goals with head, which I rarely do.

Kinda mixed feelings about this...
Old 09-14-2013, 12:03 AM   #23
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

Finesse shot seems too easy now, but I like the overall game improvement.

I scored with Jovetic from around 30m
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoGveCETXAc

And hit the post with Bale from around 40m
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFNtl...ature=youtu.be

Seems like you can score from anywhere with finesse shot.
Old 09-15-2013, 11:38 AM   #24
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

Fifa sucks. I played a few games of PES and they revamped the game alot from what i can tell. If only FIFA didn't have the licensing then there would be no reason why anyone would play fifa.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 12:21 PM   #25
Shade8780
GOATin

Shade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
Fifa sucks. I played a few games of PES and they revamped the game alot from what i can tell. If only FIFA didn't have the licensing then there would be no reason why anyone would play fifa.

FIFA along with Ultimate Team take a massive shit on PES.
Shade8780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 12:33 PM   #26
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

So I see if I pre-order I get a Ultimate Team pack, but I don't know what that means
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 01:07 PM   #27
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade8780

FIFA along with Ultimate Team take a massive shit on PES.

Ultimate team is for c0cksucking ******s like you.

EA just focuses on improving ultimate team because people dish out insane money for cards and shit while the rest of the game gets neglected.

BRB, FIFA 07 on the PSP had a better career mode than FIFA 13 on 360.
BRB, players look like ****ing ants on the field
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 01:21 PM   #28
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
Ultimate team is for c0cksucking ******s like you.

EA just focuses on improving ultimate team because people dish out insane money for cards and shit while the rest of the game gets neglected.

BRB, FIFA 07 on the PSP had a better career mode than FIFA 13 on 360.
BRB, players look like ****ing ants on the field

ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:03 AM   #29
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
I played PES since Playstation 1 beginnings but had to change to FIFA 2-3 years ago. FIFA's so much better now that it's not even funny. Actually, I'm quite sad about it because I spent my childhood gaming days playing PES with my friends...
Old 09-25-2013, 05:46 PM   #30
netsfan549
High School Starter

netsfan549 has decent reputationnetsfan549 has decent reputation

I want to start my own franchise with Red bulls like make trades with other teams etc...How do I do that? I went to ultimate team not what I wanted. I went to start my carrer but it had me with a player thats it.
netsfan549 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: