Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 08-01-2013, 08:38 AM   #1
Fresh Kid
Banned

Fresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Top 5 NFL teams of all time

discuss..
Fresh Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:33 AM   #2
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputation
Default Re: Top 5 NFL teams of all time

I think you could make the list by picking 5 individual years between the Montana 49'ers, Cowboys dynasty and 70's Steelers.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:55 AM   #3
Fresh Kid
Banned

Fresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
I think you could make the list by picking 5 individual years between the Montana 49'ers, Cowboys dynasty and 70's Steelers.
true but my top 5 are...

cowboys dynasty
montana 49ers
eli manning giants
brett farve packers
and john elway broncos
Old 08-01-2013, 09:57 AM   #4
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

85 Bears. One of those Niner teams. 70's Steelers. 2007 Pats until the last seconds of the the Super Bowl. Those jump out at me.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:09 AM   #5
Fresh Kid
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
85 Bears. One of those Niner teams. 70's Steelers. 2007 Pats until the last seconds of the the Super Bowl. Those jump out at me.
yea 85 bears were amazing, and as a giant fan I sure enjoyed 07 patriots final game
Old 08-01-2013, 10:45 AM   #6
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

2007 Giants belong nowhere near this list.

I struggle with the '85 Bears and here's why. They're a great team, but I have a hard time getting past the significant disadvantage they have at quarterback/wideout in comparison to the other candidates for top 5 teams of all-time.

We're talking Montana/Rice//Taylor, Aikmen/Irvin/Harper..... I'm not as huge a fan of Bradshaw as some are but he along with Swann & Stallworth are a major advantage over what the Bears has as well.

I guess it comes down to if we're talking top 5 individual teams by year, or if you're just going to group the Cowboys dynasty into just one spot. If it's the ladder, then the '85 Bears arguably belong.....if not, I don't think they should be.
Old 08-01-2013, 12:16 PM   #7
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Good thing no one including a Giants fan (niko) mentioned the 2007 Giants.

GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:30 PM   #8
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

85 Bears
89 SF
92 Cowboys
72 Dolphins
79 Steelers

I couldn't squeeze 07 NE. They would be 6
Old 08-01-2013, 12:50 PM   #9
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

2007 Pats > 2007 Giants

All 5 of my teams would be from 70s Steelers and 90s Cowboys...those teams are absolutely liaded with HOFers. I believe that 18 of the starters on the 95 Cowboys were ProBowlers and 7 were HOFers if you include Haley and Woodson who will eventually get in. 70s Steelers teams are similar to that.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 01:03 PM   #10
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB

We weren't the better team. We just won the right game. Which a lot of people on this board (not you) don't seem to get is the point, but that doesn't get you points on the all time list. To be an all time great team you need to be dominant from front to back and the dominate the postseason.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 01:09 PM   #11
Fresh Kid
Banned

Quote:

I did.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:53 PM   #12
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Kid
I did.

Failure
Old 08-01-2013, 03:45 PM   #13
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
2007 Giants belong nowhere near this list.

I struggle with the '85 Bears and here's why. They're a great team, but I have a hard time getting past the significant disadvantage they have at quarterback/wideout in comparison to the other candidates for top 5 teams of all-time.

We're talking Montana/Rice//Taylor, Aikmen/Irvin/Harper..... I'm not as huge a fan of Bradshaw as some are but he along with Swann & Stallworth are a major advantage over what the Bears has as well.

I guess it comes down to if we're talking top 5 individual teams by year, or if you're just going to group the Cowboys dynasty into just one spot. If it's the ladder, then the '85 Bears arguably belong.....if not, I don't think they should be.

The '85 Bears had the #2 offense in the league. They had a nice OL, a capable QB, one of the fastest players at WR, one of the GOAT RBs, and also one of the GOAT defenses. What '90s Cowboy team stacks up with the '85 Bears? The '85 Bears didn't lose to bad or mediocre teams like those Cowboys teams did. Also, the Bears went to the playoffs and ran roughshod over their opponents outscoring them by a combined total of 91-10.

I gotta rep the '91 Redskins team.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 04:13 PM   #14
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

I'd say the '93 Cowboys.

They had an unreal offensive line....basically the whole line was pro bowlers (when it meant something) and all-pros. Plus the huge advantage of Aikman/Irving/Harper/Novacek over what the Bears had.

They also had a great defense, allowing only 14 ppg.

The Bears were kind of lucky. They only had to play against two elite QB's the whole year, the rest were guys that put zero fear in you. They lost one of those games, to Marino' Dolphins.

With Aikman, all his weapons....and an unreal offensive line to go along with an elite defense.....I prefer the Cowboys.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:53 PM   #15
Fresh Kid
Banned

Quote:
Failure
that was one of tha greatest games I ever saw, you cant deny that.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: