Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 03-05-2014, 04:24 PM   #61
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Knick just wasting time with Woodson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
I agree it's all about talent. You can be a great coach but you can't do much with a team that's not talented.

That's not the case here. Knicks aren't enough talented to win the championship,heck they aren't even enough talented to get to the ECF.
But they have enough talent to make the playoffs easily in the shitty East and Woodson has us waaaaay out of the playoffs.

Look at the Bulls. They are always depleted by injuries but they find a way to finish with a good record and be competitive in the playoffs.
Then look at the Bobcats and Hawks for example. No way they have more talent the Knicks but they're still way ahead of us.

Woodson doesn't have the talent to make this team special,I agree with that. But he definitely has a team that should make the playoffs.

Outside of Melo who on this team is as good as Noah? Nobody....and nobody on the Knicks play any form of defense....the Bulls are built on defense and hard work...two things this team has no one on it who cares about that.

It's almost mindboggling that the teams you mentioned all play defense.

The Hawks were good when they had Horford which is a better player than anyone on this team minus Melo.

Even when mentioning the Bobcats the certainly do have talent....I'd gladly take MKG,, Byiombo, and Al jefferson over almost everyone on the Knicks.

I said this before and it still stands true today....

The Knicks do not field the most talented team on any night and sometimes it's debatable if they field the best player because they make everyone look like all-stars.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:00 PM   #62
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Their is minimal talent on this team and not the highest IQ of players. This is when the coaching staff needs to put their stamp on the team.

It's not just a Woodson problem.

The biggest error is the team always tries to retool instead of rebuild. Under Walsh was the first time it seemed like the team was rebuilding but it was just to get under the cap to make a run at free agency.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 12:30 AM   #63
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Metta was eager to lead, but only led to buyout

Quote:
Metta World Peace said he was OK coach Mike Woodson denied him a spot in the rotation, but he wasn’t OK when told to tone it down in the locker room and refrain from taking a leadership role.

That’s when World Peace realized his Knicks stint was over and asked for a buyout on Feb. 25. World Peace had played the night before in Orlando but knew that was just temporary.

“He had his set rotation and I wasn’t in it,’’ World Peace told The Post by phone from his Beverly Hills home. “I played in Orlando only because [Iman] Shumpert was out. I asked my agent to be professional, respectful, and ask questions, and my agent said, ‘I think it’s best to try to get a buyout and get ready for the next opportunity.’ ”

World Peace had a player option for next season at $1.6 million and got about $250,000 of that figure in the buyout package, according to a source.
“I didn’t mind playing any role, but I didn’t see myself having a role, not even a leadership role,’’ World Peace said. “I was fine with being on the bench, but at times I wanted to help lead. But at times I tried to lead, it was met with resistance. I backed off a little and tried to blend in with the team. I tried to find where I could complement the players but I couldn’t find any room to complement.’’

World Peace said he wants to play two more seasons, then become a coach. He hasn’t ruled out rejoining the Knicks as a free agent next summer since he has experience in the triangle offense with Phil Jackson.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 04:53 PM   #64
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
I really have nothing to say, this article is hilarious.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: