Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 06-17-2006, 10:29 PM   #1
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

traditionone has an OK reputation so far
Default Thoughts on Kareem Rush

Phil leaped to his defense after Charlotte released him.

Do you want Cupcake to bring Rush back? How much would you pay him?

I think he'll be a good bench player for us. At this point, he's better than Devean George. He's younger, healthier, can hit the three, and can start on occasion.

I wouldn't give him the full MLE. A few million below that maybe. I'm worried that other teams may bid on him and drive his price up.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 10:48 PM   #2
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

I think Kareem is best suited as a bench player who gets 10 minutes, firing 4 threes and hitting 1 or 2 of them per game, not much more than that

Of course, maybe he's improved, over the last few months, working hard or something
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 11:41 PM   #3
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I not THRILEED that he is coming back...if he is you know.

crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 08:17 AM   #4
Spiderman08 24
Banned

Spiderman08 24 has not been impressing people

I love Kareem. Yes, he could be a pretty good replacement for George. Either him or Profit. I like both of them. It's a win win situation for us IMO.
Rush or Profit will make us a lot stronger. Rush is a smooth shooter while Profit is a solid all around player. Both of them can be good bench players for us.
Spiderman08 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 05:07 AM   #5
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman08 24
I love Kareem. Yes, he could be a pretty good replacement for George. Either him or Profit. I like both of them. It's a win win situation for us IMO.
Rush or Profit will make us a lot stronger. Rush is a smooth shooter while Profit is a solid all around player. Both of them can be good bench players for us.

let's sign both of them and drop george, mckie, green, and wafer
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 06:35 AM   #6
Spiderman08 24
Banned

Spiderman08 24 has not been impressing people

Agreed, I'd sign both of them. Rush can score pretty well while Profit is a solid all around player. We need a replacement for Geogre and both can be that.
They bring different things to the table and there's enough room for both of them IMO.
Spiderman08 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 04:06 PM   #7
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

a double Bonus. Rush played two years with us and knows the triangle.

Laron profit knows the triangle too. he ran it as a PG alot with the lakers last year until we waived him due to injury.

we sign profit, rush, and Banks. Banks can be the only guy who needs to learn but thats Ok....if smush can do it, so can banks.
Old 06-19-2006, 06:08 PM   #8
traditionone

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
a double Bonus. Rush played two years with us and knows the triangle.

Laron profit knows the triangle too. he ran it as a PG alot with the lakers last year until we waived him due to injury.

we sign profit, rush, and Banks. Banks can be the only guy who needs to learn but thats Ok....if smush can do it, so can banks.

Laron's injury worries me a little.
Rush is an upgrade over Devean George at this point. Throw in Profit's all around skills and Banks ability, it's an upgrade over what we have.

Also, I'm not ready to give up on Vujacic. He could be a key bench contributor next season.
Old 06-20-2006, 01:15 AM   #9
Negreanu
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Negreanu has an OK reputation so far

As long as Rush comes cheap, I am all for bringing him back.

We could use help in the backcourt. Get rid of Mckie and Jim Jackson. Bring in Rush and keep Profit. Much better.
Negreanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 01:27 AM   #10
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by traditionone
Laron's injury worries me a little.
Rush is an upgrade over Devean George at this point. Throw in Profit's all around skills and Banks ability, it's an upgrade over what we have.

Also, I'm not ready to give up on Vujacic. He could be a key bench contributor next season.

I wasn't about to give up on vujacic at all.

I think hes great but he just has to shoot more than 35%
Old 06-20-2006, 02:31 PM   #11
Kobe#1fan
Banned

Kobe#1fan has no real reputation yet.
Thumbs up Thoughts on Kareem Rush

Kareem Rush adds an element off the bench we did not have this year, which is a back up for Kobe. By adding Kareem phil has a legitamate scorer off the bench and a good shooter.

p.s. don't forget that 6 for 7 shooting performance against the t'wolves two years ago clinching the finals.
Kobe#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 04:03 PM   #12
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Default is he too expensive???

Do you all think Kareem Rush would accept our 1.7 million dollar offer?

he seems better than that
Old 06-20-2006, 04:37 PM   #13
traditionone

Quote:
Do you all think Kareem Rush would accept our 1.7 million dollar offer?

he seems better than that

Currently, I don't see him getting much more than that. Maybe a team like Orlando can make him an offer. Houston could use him. But none of them or any other possible teams will give him a huge portion of their MLE. If the Lakers offered him 1.7 million, he should take it.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:45 AM   #14
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by traditionone
Currently, I don't see him getting much more than that. Maybe a team like Orlando can make him an offer. Houston could use him. But none of them or any other possible teams will give him a huge portion of their MLE. If the Lakers offered him 1.7 million, he should take it.

he made 3 million dollars in his final year as a bobcat.

he might demand more...noone in this league takes pay cuts to play on a rebuilding team.
Old 06-22-2006, 09:38 AM   #15
traditionone

Quote:
he made 3 million dollars in his final year as a bobcat.

he might demand more...noone in this league takes pay cuts to play on a rebuilding team.

The way Charlotte let him go at the end of last year will hurt him. He may have to take a pay cut because no one will be willing to give him a pay raise.

Los Angeles is the best place for him.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: